What's new

Beneath burqa, a mangalsutra and chooda

oh bhai its none of your business & you are nobody to say whose a munafiq or Muslim you are nobody to give that certificate

I didn't say munafiq to anyone prove from my any posts ... This is the matter of Allah ... He will better decide ..

nope they were not ! they were "British" Indian Muslims, citizens of the British empire with loyalty to the United Kingdom !

http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/map_of_the_british_empire_in_the_1920s.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/British_Raj_Red_Ensign.svg

They are seen as an outside force which illegally occupied the land. Technically, Pakistan came out of India only, as the land east of Iran to China is Indic Civilization only!

Rehman Malik called Taliban as Munafiq recently. :lol:

well he called them coz they pretend to struggle for shariya while they their selves are not followers of shariya and don't follow Islamic instructions and laws...
well according to Defination of Munafiq rehman himself toobis munafiq.....:coffee:
i.e karachi present situation all politicians know who is responsible for this....

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

Actually Diwali and Holi have gone beyond the religious borders. Forget the laxmi puja part in Diwali, but rest celebrations and fervour has occupied other religions in India.

I have attended christian marriage in AP, they dress exactly like hindus (I mean AP hindus obvously, hindu customs vary from place to place). Only thing I hate in christian marriage is the speech by a pastor..

You must have attended a protestant marriage(majority of AP belongs to the Protestant denomination) where they have pastors not priests..in RC marriages during the nuptials(rite of marriage) in the church, there is a homily by the priest which is like for 8-10 mins where normally he reflects the events of Jesus' life and how we can interpret it in our everyday lives

It may be fun for you, atleast not for me.

I am not commenting on the dignity, all of them are good, just that Hindus have too many rituals involved.

In Christian marriages, everything is sweet, simple and straightforward.

To put it in one line -> I hate Band, Baaja and Baraat.

The east Indian marriages do have Band, Baaja and Bharat

They are not wearing Mangalsutra. For it to call a mangalsutra, they have to wed like Hindu and particular chants and other customs have to be followed.

Otherwise its just a locket, nothing more nothing less.
But in Mangalorean Christian marriages the groom does wraps the mangalsutra around the bride's neck after the Saddo(red sari) ceremony during the reception....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a mangalsutra and chooda . even my Mother , wife and my married sisters wear it . Its will be a BS if its called as a hindu tradition infact its better known as an Indian custom adapted by women of both hindus and muslims . Magalsutra is is a symbol of marriage union in India. It is a thread of love and goodwill worn by women as a symbol of their marriage. Traditionally the mangalsutra is considered the most revered token of love and respect offered to the bride during the marriage ceremony.

What?????????

Dude I found Hindu marriage simple than the Christian marriage.. The speech is intolerable..It takes one and half hours to complete a Christian marriage

One and half hours...that's it? Cool.

Hindu marriage rituals are a never ending process.

The east Indian marriages do have Band, Baaja and Bharat

I just like simple ceremonies with no fanfare.

IMO, the Punjabis marriages look like complete festivals, that's ridiculous and complete waste of money.

But ofcourse, this is just my opinion, others may like it.

North Indian marriages are a bit flashy, yes.

You should see south indian hindu marriages. No Band, Baaja and Baraat. Just the traditions and rituals.

I agree. South Indian marriages have a very nice atmosphere. I had attended a Malayali marriage and was really impressed.

One and half hours...that's it? Cool.

Hindu marriage rituals are a never ending process.

I just like simple ceremonies with no fanfare.

You should be part of the umrahocha paani ceremony of East Indian Christian marriages in Mumbai where the family, relatives and friends takes the bride and groom( separately off course) 1-2 days before the wedding ceremony and do 5-6 rounds of the area with full entourage along with band in tow and do rounds of the to be wed localities...not to forget the elaborate Roce ceremony(which is also prevalent in our Mangalorean Christian marriages) before the marriage similar to hindu haldi ceremony....

You should be part of the umrahocha paani ceremony of East Indian Christian marriages in Mumbai where the family, relatives and friends takes the bride and groom( separately off course) 1-2 days before the wedding ceremony and do 5-6 rounds of the area with full entourage along with band in tow and do rounds of the to be wed localities...not to forget the elaborate Roce ceremony(which is also prevalent in our Mangalorean Christian marriages) before the marriage similar to hindu haldi ceremony....

I have attended many christian marriages in Mumbai, have seen nothing of that sort. I really liked of what I saw.

Are you a Nasrani.

Yupz!! Orthodox Christian!! Not so Orthodox in Behaviour though!! :D

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

Dude, most of the festivals here like Deepavali, Onam, Vishu are celebrated by all communities.. They do not find it affiliated with any religion but thinks it as a part of Indian culture. There are lot of things we can find common in every religion here in India..

Yes.. It takes 7-8 hours to get us married..

But I wont trade it for anything else. This is what makes us different. Same should be the case with Christian/Muslim/Sikhs.. Everyone loves his/her traditions and India allows them to practise these.

7-8 hours?? wow!! I thought it was simple.. I mean here in Kerala, we can have food even before Hindu marriage.. also I thought it takes only 15-20 mins.. May be because I arrive late in marriages :what:

Back
Top Bottom