What's new

Beneath burqa, a mangalsutra and chooda

7-8 hours?? wow!! I thought it was simple.. I mean here in Kerala, we can have food even before Hindu marriage.. also I thought it takes only 15-20 mins.. May be because I arrive late in marriages :what:

Most Kerala hindu marriages are very short except bramins, they have 1-2 days stuff to do.

On topic, marriages are blended with religion and culture and get blended.

For Eg:- In kerala, hindus have now the system of ring exchange which came from west/Christians.

Muslim/Christians have mangalya sutra + ''giving dress" which is from hindu culture.

It may be fun for you, atleast not for me.

I am not commenting on the dignity, all of them are good, just that Hindus have too many rituals involved.

In Christian marriages, everything is sweet, simple and straightforward.

To put it in one line -> I hate Band, Baaja and Baraat.

Then I suppose 'secularist' like you will absolutely LOVE Register marriage. :enjoy:

Then I suppose 'secularist' like you will absolutely LOVE Register marriage. :enjoy:

what does it got to do with secularism. Many people dont like this large public function and want it to be private affair. Its nice to have small ceremony, less headache and more enjoyment for both families.

what does it got to do with secularism. Many people dont like this large public function and want it to be private affair. Its nice to have small ceremony, less headache and more enjoyment for both families.

Well denigrating Hindus 'superstition' , customs and beliefs is standard practice for 'secular' Indians.

This is what he says, "just that Hindus have too many rituals involved. In Christian marriages, everything is sweet, simple and straightforward "

He is clearly a 'secular' Indian. :tup:

Of course he could just have said I love christian marriages without bring Hindus or Muslims in it , but that is not secular enough. There is still a danger of being branded RSS .....tauba tauba.

well he called them coz they pretend to struggle for shariya while they their selves are not followers of shariya and don't follow Islamic instructions and laws...
well according to Defination of Munafiq rehman himself toobis munafiq.....:coffee:
i.e karachi present situation all politicians know who is responsible for this....

A constitutional petition was filed on Friday in the Supreme Court of Pakistan seeking the disqualification of Interior Minister, Senator Rehman Malik, over incorrect recitation of Quranic verses.

Incorrect recitation: Petition for disqualification of Rehman Malik filed – The Express Tribune

The Munafiq himself can't recite Quran Verses properly. :lol:

Well denigrating Hindus 'superstition' , customs and beliefs is standard practice for 'secular' Indians.

This is what he says, "just that Hindus have too many rituals involved. In Christian marriages, everything is sweet, simple and straightforward "

He is clearly a 'secular' Indian. :tup:

Of course he could just have said I love christian marriages without bring Hindus or Muslims in it , but that is not secular enough. There is still a danger of being branded RSS .....tauba tauba.

you are seeing too much into things,,,. I said I did not enjoy christian marriage, does not make me RSS guy.. lol

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

Though Diwali is a Hindu festival anybody can celebrate Diwali. The answer to your wondering is they are celebrating Diwali......after all the celebration is a public event not a private one. It is a good way to renew social contracts with your society.

a question for the punjabis here?

i see many young punjabi girls not wearing bindi,is it because of fashion today or is it not there in punjabi culture at all?

Then its a good thing; my Mom, personally, likes that Karva Chaout or some word like that thing, whereby a wife keeps a fast for her husband - Shes mentioned that as something admirable !

But that said, most of those things aren't really a part of our culture; we (as in Punjabis) have got some of those things still like the concept of Jahaiz or the color & music as part of our festivities & a few other things but its almost alien to the rest of Pakistan as are some of our (Punjabi's) practices. But I confess I haven't seen a Mangalsutar or a Sindoor being worn by any Pakistani woman that I know of; we usually go with the 'ring' & a 'watch' for the groom & 'kundaan bracelets', 'a ring' & 'heena tattooed hands' for the bride, to show that they're newly weds.

u r a butt,

ur ancestors wud have done it anyway

North Indian marriages are a bit flashy, yes.

You should see south indian hindu marriages. No Band, Baaja and Baraat. Just the traditions and rituals.

i love the north indian shaadi in winters,

getting sloshed and dancing on the streets,flirting with some awesome chicks in lehenga,ghagra choli and all that sexy clothes.

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

they r celebrating their neighbour's happiness.

a long ceremony is awesome in a village,

if u see marriages or functions in the village,the whole street/village gets involves and is just awesome for 4-5 days.

There are lot of misconception.

1) Not every section in Hinduism wear mangalsutra. In U.P. it was not a practice practice it was more a Punjabi Tradition. Its the Bichuye(toe rings) that were the main tradition and the Kade, chuda.

2) In North India there use to be 4 feras around the fire now movies have increased it to seven

3) Sindoor is a toxic substance and should not be put on head (contains mercury) Many family have stopped using it. Girls put a small red mark on the festives gatherings.

This is not surprising at all.

There are so many Muslim girls (and even Christian girls) I know dress up like Hindu girls, trust me, it's so plain difficult to tell that they are not Hindu.

:what: so Hindu girls have an extra horn or something? i mean what different dress they have ? other than a bindi as a sign of marriage or sindoor.

Bindi had been in fashion in Pakistan since long.

i remember when i was a small kid we have to buy artificial sticker ones on Eid and chorra is a simple set of bangles nothing to do with Hinduism

It is debatable. The issue is that when I was researching about Sheen Khal (Pashtun thing) I learned that it is not allowed. So mangal sutr and bindya will not be allowed either. But I don't think its an issue if done for religious harmony. In fact I believe in personal choice so don't know what to say. I hope no one dares call @Zarvan here.
Sir for Muslims we can't dress up like Non Muslims Hazrat Muhammad SAW have strictly prohibited it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom