What's new

Ben Shapiro Suggests Older People Dying Of COVID-19 Is ‘Tragic,’ But Also Not So Bad

LKJ86

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
04/29/2020 07:36 pm ET Updated 1 day ago
Ben Shapiro Suggests Older People Dying Of COVID-19 Is ‘Tragic,’ But Also Not So Bad
The conservative commenter said Wednesday that an 81-year-old dying of the coronavirus “is not the same thing” as a younger person dying from it.
By David Moye
Source:https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ben-...3TCPXg7t69vqRNR6zOHzr4_xLJ6eTlEi-ZFIJ07b12EkN

Conservative commentator and abortion opponent Ben Shapiro once said he wouldn’t even consider aborting Baby Hitler if he had the chance.

But based on an interview Shapiro had on Tuesday with political commentator Dave Rubin, maybe your grandma’s life isn’t that worthy of saving.

Shapiro noted that one of the effects of lifting stay-at-home orders in different states is that more people will get COVID-19, but “nobody just wants to say the obvious truth.”

According to Shapiro, that “obvious truth” is that everyone is making “actuarial deductions about what are the costs” in human lives of lifting lockdown orders.

“If somebody who is 81 dies of COVID-19, that is not the same thing as somebody who is 30 dying of COVID-19,” Shapiro said (ignoring the fact that 30-year-olds can and do die from the virus as well). “If this were killing children, everyone would be in lockdown forever. That’s the reality.”

Meanwhile, “If grandma dies in a nursing home at age 81, that’s tragic and it’s terrible; also, the life expectancy in the United States is 80,” Shapiro said.

You can see his comments here.

HuffPost reached out to Shapiro, but no one immediately responded.

However, Twitter users noticed that Shapiro’s comment seemed to contradict his previous statements about the value of human life.

Some people were surprised it took Shapiro so long to get to this opinion.

Others? Not so much.

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/sta...avirus-death-panel_n_5ea9f706c5b6dac085f52a6f

https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/s...avirus-death-panel_n_5ea9f706c5b6dac085f52a6f

Some people tried to gently suggest that it might actually be possible to give COVID-19 patients decent medical treatment.

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/s...avirus-death-panel_n_5ea9f706c5b6dac085f52a6f

Ben Shapiro. I saw so many videos of him "destroying Liberals." He's a favorite of the Breitbart crowd. Also some RSS nationalists these days.

This Pepe the frog got destroyed by BBC. The clown has zero reputation.
I remember watching it, it was an embarrassing interview even for the viewers. Please don't disrespect Pepe by comparing him to Ben. :(

Did you see his interview with BBC?
Puny sly cun¥.

I am revolted by such people. They are just painful to watch for more than a few seconds. All the videos I saw of him were long before.

Unless he somehow becomes the next US President, it's not worth giving oxygen and time to such people.

Then, there is David Duke, Rush Limbaugh...and our Arnab Goswami and Sudheer Chaudhary. But I think Ben Shapiro is really the worst in so many ways.

Last edited:
I am revolted by such people. They are just painful to watch for more than a few seconds. All the videos I saw of him were long before.

Unless he somehow becomes the next US President, it's not worth giving oxygen and time to such people.

Then, there is David Duke, Rush Limbaugh...and our Arnab Goswami and Sudheer Chaudhary. But I think Ben Shapiro is really the worst in so many ways.
Bigots, muslim,hindu,christian, jewish,white,brown,yellow whatever are degenerate scumbags.

Bigots, muslim,hindu,christian, jewish,white,brown,yellow whatever are degenerate scumbags.

I found out long time ago that they are all in it only for the money. David Duke will make you buy his e-books. He will even send you a personalized thank you email...doesn't matter if you are the enemy.

This fellow is a pseudo-intellectual that is trying to masquerade as an enlightened "realist" by spending time debating college students. The only time he was involved in a proper debate (See Andrew Neil, BBC news) he was exposed as a juvenile making comments such as "More people know me than you" and other teenage-esque sort of rants. People like him are actually quite similar to the likes of Donal Trump, in that they garner support based on demagoguery and they are actually foolish enough to believe they have such support because of their intellect.

Also Shantanu, I really admire you for standing upto rightist hyper nationalist bigots.
You my brother are a very nice human being and I truly respect you for that.

God bless you and stay safe... world needs more people like you.

Also Shantanu, I really admire you for standing upto rightist hyper nationalist bigots.
You my brother are a very nice human being and I truly respect you for that.

God bless you and stay safe... world needs more people like you.

Trust me, BJP IT cell is keeping track of this forum. I am enjoying to show them my middle finger right here. :-)

To any BJP IT cell worker reading this, here is my message to your baap Modi and Amit Shah...

JNU and Shaheen Bagh were only trailer..there's more to come very soon.

Back
Top Bottom