What's new

'Beef Festival' in India Sets Off Outrage and Misogyny

Harpoon your argument is flawed.

To you Cow is holy.

To Muslims swine is dirty.

Muslims won't be offended if others eat pork.

No one care as long as you eat it privately. What if you take the beef chop and go near a hindu and tell him.. Wow! I am eating beef, eating beef...

Your freedom end from were my nose starts. And my nose is not big... In India you are free to eat food of your choice but as a human its your duty to respect others.

In my office my frnds are vegan, I never eat meat in frot of them,It make them uncomfortable.

Dude, you should come to Kerala. No one really cares about it. You will get beef or pork in every non veg restaurant. And one can even see cow meet on every market

The beef festival was organized inside Osmania university..which according to me is more punishable and pls don't mix public perceptions in Kerala & Andhra.

How is it more punishable?

Why not mix?

DiD Kerala separate from Indian mainland???

Dude, you should come to Kerala. No one really cares about it. You will get beef or pork in every non veg restaurant. And one can even see cow meet on every market

Why not mix?

DiD Kerala separate from Indian mainland???

Kerala is not representative of whole of India.

How difficult is it for you guys to understand that fact ? Whole scale riots have happened in North India because of this.

Even in TN we dont get beef everywhere except in regulated shops in Muslim majority pockets.And that too not cow beef.

Punishable because in universities you are supposed to study and try to improve in your life. Not indulge in these gimmicks which are sure fire ways to incite communal violence.

But then we are talking about Osmania university which in which anyway students join not to study.

If cow is sacred

• Why does people milk it?
  • Keep it in worse of the buildings with utmost unclean surroudings?
  • Made them graze under sun/rain and whatever the nature throws?
  • If its sacred it should be kept inside good clean buildings.
  • How holy is a holstein friesian cow of Holland?

Punishable because in universities you are supposed to study and try to improve in your life. Not indulge in these gimmicks which are sure fire ways to incite communal violence.

But then we are talking about Osmania university which in which anyway students join not to study.

Seriously? :lol: we had beer festivals every now and then back in my days inside collages.

Cant believe u actually said that KS.

Anyway a certified hater comes in and opens a thread about a mischievous incident that happened months before and here we are drawing the whole circle again.

Mallus, rest of India is not like you. You can feel proud of that. We are enslaved to our petty customs and feelings [we are ok with it] and some in North can even kill for that.

So while we people try to maintain the peace and calm by taking some preventive steps, you guys go ahead and enjoy your beef curry with Parotta.

:wave:

Seriously? we had beer festivals every now and then back in my days inside collages.

Cant believe u actually said that KS.

Hostel don't count macha...:D

Kerala is not representative of whole of India.

How difficult is it for you guys to understand that fact ? Whole scale riots have happened in North India because of this.

Even in TN we dont get beef everywhere except in regulated shops in Muslim majority pockets.And that too not cow beef.

They should riot for keeping a sacred animal in sheds and utilizing it for the good.

Anyway a certified hater comes in and opens a thread about a mischievous incident that happened months before and here we are drawing the whole circle again.

Mallus, rest of India is not like you. You can feel proud of that. We are enslaved to our petty customs and feelings and some in North can even kill for that.

So while we people try to maintain the peace and calm by taking some preventive steps, you guys go ahead and enjoy your beef curry with Parotta.

:wave:

Hostel don't count macha...:D

Even in campuses. That counts...:D

Perhaps. But keeping it alive and helping it not meet the butcher's knife and not die slowly is also a help ;)

In India? ...:what:

So the sacredness is a selective choice out of convenience.

The whole beef taboo got somewhat attached to the mainstream religion somewhere along the line of history.

nobody cares much on following the religion as it meant to be but when someone else from another community eats something of their choice, it suddenly becomes sensitive issue as if the food habits of others are a way of keeping the religious sentiments inside alive and to showcase to the whole world by announcing " I AM MORE RELIGIOUS" by defending my faith by preventing someone else from eating the food of their choice.

Well i can relate this ideology to the ones i have been seeing around here in the forum.

Hinduism is about absolute freedom, freedom of mind, freedom of choice etc.

There are no written rules ...only guidelines which are not strict to follow.( now dont say you follow most incl the beef laws)

I have only these words to say to igorants.

asato ma sadh gamaya
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
mrutyor ma amritam gamaya

Perhaps. But keeping it alive and helping it not meet the butcher's knife and not die slowly is also a help ;)
In India? ...:what:

Visit the Coimbatore campuses when back home.. atleast the PSG. which is near to ur home.

The whole idea behind this festival was to incite violence and they did that.

Tell me more about the festival..

Was people from all over the country invited or was it a strictly inside campus affair?

Back
Top Bottom