What's new

'Beef Festival' in India Sets Off Outrage and Misogyny

Who cares about those idiots , I am eating beef, pork etc every week...........

In India, where the high Hindu population means that beef is not common, the Big Mac was renamed the Maharaja Mac and was originally made with lamb instead of beef; however, along with the company's other items it is now made from chicken.
Big Mac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is not a secular nation. India is a Hindu nation.

This was a purely economic reasoning that if they served beef in their premises, people would just avoid eating at McDonalds. No one would have burned it down. It is for this same reasoning that McDonalds don't serve any pork products either. The sausages in the breakfast menu are made from Chicken.

Cant believe you never had bacon. :o

actually my best friend is a Muslim and he eats ever thing . and i mean everything. just not at home.;)
it happens . most of the youth are not bothered by any sort of religious bans on food.

Who cares about those idiots , I am eating beef, pork etc every week...........

No one care as long as you eat it privately. What if you take the beef chop and go near a hindu and tell him.. Wow! I am eating beef, eating beef...

Your freedom end from were my nose starts. And my nose is not big... In India you are free to eat food of your choice but as a human its your duty to respect others.

In my office my frnds are vegan, I never eat meat in frot of them,It make them uncomfortable.

actually my best friend is a Muslim and he eats ever thing . and i mean everything. just not at home.;)
it happens . most of the youth are not bothered by any sort of religious bans on food.

For breakfast, I have bacon and egg in my sandwich with brown sause. Its more of a popular English breakfast, try it one day and tell him too. :)

For breakfast, I have bacon and egg in my sandwich with brown sause. Its more of a popular English breakfast, try it one day and tell him too. :)

you forget i am a catholic mate. i eat ever thing. :) been eating bacon since i was a child . by the way i do love the English breakfast . i got addicted to bangers for my b/fast when i was there.

What if a Muslim, Sikh, or a Christian wants a regular big mac made of beef.

What if a Hindu, Sikh, Christian etc want to have Pork in Pakistan, are you secular enough to let them do it?

@Topic:
Only the religious fanatics(Hindu's) have objection to it.Most of us dont have a problem letting Muslim's eat beef or whatever they want.(At least I dont have any)

No we're Muslim enough to let them eat pork at our dinner table.

There is a difference, while eating pork is forbidden in Islam as Pig is considered dirty, in Hinduism Cow is considered sacred. So eating beef in front of a devoted Hindu would be same as bringing pork to Muslim holy places.

Are you Muslim enough to allow that?

Oops, thought it said "beer" festival, was about to get VERY indignant.

Only the religious fanatics(Hindu's) have objection to it.Most of us dont have a problem letting Muslim's eat beef or whatever they want.(At least I dont have any)

You underestimate.

Most of the Hindus - devout or not - in the Northern belt have serious sentiments about it and also a significant portion in the South except in Kerala, ad pockets in TN, AP, Karnataka.

This internet population - many who want to appear all cool and liberal - is no indicator of the ground population.Those without access to internet or PDF.

There it is, that is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom