What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
cow 1.JPG
cow 2.JPG

Ok..:(

Actually I questioned my governments decision to close the bars ..... I maybe different .o_O

Because you have a business mind .Pure practical business mind.The effects of these decision would only felt after some time.
Either it will become a burden to farmers or they will divert it in to good cause .Like some one pointed in here.Vidharbha already has a reputation for farmer suicide.Even if there was no law in there.Now lets see how can they manage it.

Whining???

I am just debating a topic ....

Please refrain from low quality terms in a conversation.

I always expect the person whom i am having conversation keeps a level of intellect and civility.

LOL. Funny.

i am afraid,modi or the rss will do so throughout india one day.

you don't have to because they can't do that with pakistan Mr R&D , you can still enjoy your steak

Because you have a business mind .Pure practical business mind.The effects of these decision would only felt after some time.
Either it will become a burden to farmers or they will divert it in to good cause .Like some one pointed in here.Vidharbha already has a reputation for farmer suicide.Even if there was no law in there.Now lets see how can they manage it.

I have been in farming business and the dairy business is the most risky one , atleast in Kerala.

Almost more than 85% of the cost of cattle farming is for the food.

I dont know where will a poor farmer find money to raise the unwanted ones ,, does he starve them to death or set them off to streets to free.

One thing thats been good with Hinduism is it was evolving over time rather than getting stuck up in prehistoric rules and practices... but i doubt its getting reversed now....

Everytime.

If Drugs are not banned, 3/4 population would become Junkie.Case in point: Opium in China (19th Century).

Was it completely success? People will find a source.. Most of the five star hotels will serve beef anyway..

Let me rephrase , when was the last time people obey a rule in India? to be frank, this ban is not going to work..

It will when they first person who flouts it, lands in jail. IT is a BJP Shiv Sena govt. in Maharashtra.

Either that, or they will have to pay a HEAVY bribe slowly making this trade unviable. There will always be illegal trade, but that is life.

Just because there is a law against murder, it does not mean we have eliminated murder.

I agree. The secular model is best for each and every country. Even Pakistanis should understand it. Its impossible to impose religion. For example what will you impose when there are differing views. For example the beard, some say its a must, others optional. Some say hijab is necessary and others not. There are views that clash sometimes for Sunnis and Shias.

Btw it is interesting to note that in Kenya there is a law that all meat that is in restaurants will be halal-meaning cut in the muslim way. Otherwise muslims can't eat that meat. Kenya has 11% muslims and India 14%. You might call it minority appeasement but some countries go so far with it to protect minority interests. Even Gandhi. When Turkey was breaking up-the caliphate being destroyed Gandhi stood with the minorities and stood for the khilafat movement - now what does a Hindu have to do with khilafat (Islamic Ummah)? But he still supported the muslims over it. That is why when anyone insults Gandhi I feel he is insulting a great fellow.

In Lucknow the main problem (even bigger than cow meat not being available at a lot of places) is that there are only a few halal eateries so all food is not for traditional muslim families. Even international restaurants like McDonalds and Pizza Hut have mainly vegetarian menu and where there is chicken-it is not halal. Dominos sells a few pork pizzas btw as well but no beef.

I believe its all about personal choice.

I think Pakistan should have a special law for hindus and for the ashes to be disposed off after burning. I believe they have to be sent to the ganga or I am not sure. Depending on the type of Hinduism I believe there are differential beliefs. But in any case the security and safety of minorities is a nations concern which it should take very very seriously. Such laws can exist in a Hindu Rashtra but not in a secular republic.

Also do note some laws are very difficult to implement. The next post talks about a halal restaurant that sells beef in Lucknow- despite some states having a ban on illegal slaughter houses there are still there. So whats the point of having a law that will (very deliberately) be broken?

Well I admit I am proud to be Pakistani and do not accept being from a country like India which gave me nothing but its hatred for muslims.

So? I few places sell it. Go to Pizza hut in Lucknow and ask if it is halal. There are countless food problems for muslims in Lucknow. Any person can see it.

As long as Indian government controls hindu temples,India is a Hindu country.

I have been in farming business and the dairy business is the most risky one , atleast in Kerala.

Almost more than 85% of the cost of cattle farming is for the food.

I dont know where will a poor farmer find money to raise the unwanted ones ,, does he starve them to death or set them off to streets to free.

One thing thats been good with Hinduism is it was evolving over time rather than getting stuck up in prehistoric rules and practices... but i doubt its getting reversed now....

LOL. If it is bad business, let him not keep cattle :lol:

Well I admit I am proud to be Pakistani and do not accept being from a country like India which gave me nothing but its hatred for muslims.

So? I few places sell it. Go to Pizza hut in Lucknow and ask if it is halal. There are countless food problems for muslims in Lucknow. Any person can see it.

Good for you. Now stop claiming to be a Lakhnawi in every other post of yours. Be proud in calling yourself a Pakistani. You can either be a Pakistani or be a Lakhnavi.

Lucknow is known for its Awadhi non vegetarian food. All of it is credited to muslims of Lucknow. You may have difficulties in finding non-halal food in Lucknow but never halal food. I've given you the reason for it in my previous post. Dominos and pizza hut are international brands and its their prerogative what kind of food they will serve. I'm sure some of their outlets must have halal options if they are doing it elsewhere. They would not want to miss out a large chunk of their potential customers. Anyways people have option of not eating at places which are not in accordance to their religious beliefs, like most Hindus go to Tunday at Aminabad instead of the one at Nakhas which serves beef. Lastly no one cares for Dominos or Pizza hut if one is looking for non vegetarian food in Lucknow, when you have Dastarkhaan, Tunday Kababi, Wahid ki biryani , Shekhawat etc, all of which are owned by Muslims and serve halal meat only.

As I said earlier, don't make a mockery of yourself with half baked knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom