What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand...What are u trying to say?

You do understand, .......... but nice try.

This is Rg veda 10.87.16,

Yah paurusheyena kravishaa samankte yo ashvyena pashunaa yaatudhaanah,
Yo aghyaayaa bharati kshiiramagne teshaam shirshaani harasaapi vrshcha

Those who eat human flesh, or kills and eat Horse or Cow (creature), Oh king of Bharat, if he doesn't desist, cut off his head.

Who told you that we are self haters and insignificant ?
We cant see that in here with full of those Northie labours .

This was for troll of converted clan. Who see evil in every thing what Hinduism is for. Dont take it seriously.

Btw people from Kerala are in large numbers settled Gujarat, MP and further north but they never had any problem and are living happily. This is what India is all about, being culturally diverse but respecting each other.

This was for troll of converted clan. Who see evil in every thing what Hinduism is for. Dont take it seriously.

Btw people from Kerala are in large numbers settled Gujarat, MP and further north but they never had any problem and are living happily. This is what India is all about, being culturally diverse but respecting each other.

Don't worry, for ever mallu who claim beef is good, there is a mallu like me who opposes it.

Don't act smart, every one knows you are a Christian.. @levina @nair
hahahaha
@SpArK is a christian??
Naah..he's a hardcore hindu, secular like all other mallus here and a non vegetarian. i guess i must be the only mallu on this forum who is a pure vegetarian. When it comes to Kerala never make assumptions on the basis of one's eating habits.
@nair

You do understand, .......... but nice try.

Those who eat human flesh, or kills and eat Horse or Cow (creature), Oh king of Bharat, if he doesn't desist, cut off his head.

Oh i am already dead by law.

And thankfully no cutting head is in constitution.

Did they cut heads of people who killed horses in battle or is it applicable only during peace times?

As a Lucknowi I know this is more trouble for us Muslims than anyone else. There are virtually no places in Lucknow which offer halal meat (or in many other parts controlled by India) I don't know about you but I want beef to eat on my plate. Where should I go? Not everyone is a vegetarian and laws that are against religion should not be imposed. Muslims are told to eat the cow.

Some muslims don't eat beef because of the nonavailability of it-they haven't gained much of a chance to try its delicious meat. Also some Hindus eat beef too. In a secular state no one tells others what to do and what not to do. If you think this is an infallible law then you clearly do not understand what secularism is all about. This is one thing I saw in Indians when I tried to emulate its so called famous "secularism" that makes me puke. They have no secular outlook but continue to use secularism and democracy as a placard. "We are champions of secularism." lol.

Always we see rubbish of this type from the hindutvas-minority appeasement, conversion-these are all childish issues which show Indians are insecure about their minorities.

I on the other hand am opposed to laws that ban alcohol for minorities too in Pakistan which ZAB initiated. If it is not in their religion why should they be stopped from drinking. In fact muslims are told expressly to eat all that is legal to them. I can qoute Quran and Hadis. If I condemn drinking ban on minorities then I must condemn the Indian law that has a similar oppressive agenda as well.

This is not for entire India.This is only for Maharshtra .And their state assembly passed the Bill.If Marathas elected a govt then that is their responsibility and ours is a Federal democratic republic.States have their own rights and power .Central Govt cant challenge.
Pork.is haram for your community according to your belief .And Hindus have their own faith and belief.If majority of Marathas like it you cant blame the elected govt.

Dude dont teach us about Secularism.As an Indian I know the privileges of minorities in here . In fact the decisive appeasement of Congress caused the rise of BJP.And peaceful way of BJP and RSS caused therise of ultras like Abhinav Bharat ,VHP etc.
I have enough expeience in RSS and we dont have extreme idealogies.But hypocrisy of so called seculars even caused dissent among some members and they left RSS for more extreme version.For some people faith is important.
You guys cant allow pork .Same goes to Hindus when it comes to Beef.

in "hinduism" we don't have a list of legal and illegal.. this is fascism

being the great democracy we are, bc next muslims will ban pork here, then will come the jains.. no onion and garlic, then the sikh will ban cutting hair, and then.... :sarcastic:

chutiey ho gaye hain these so called "hindus"

I agree. The secular model is best for each and every country. Even Pakistanis should understand it. Its impossible to impose religion. For example what will you impose when there are differing views. For example the beard, some say its a must, others optional. Some say hijab is necessary and others not. There are views that clash sometimes for Sunnis and Shias.

Btw it is interesting to note that in Kenya there is a law that all meat that is in restaurants will be halal-meaning cut in the muslim way. Otherwise muslims can't eat that meat. Kenya has 11% muslims and India 14%. You might call it minority appeasement but some countries go so far with it to protect minority interests. Even Gandhi. When Turkey was breaking up-the caliphate being destroyed Gandhi stood with the minorities and stood for the khilafat movement - now what does a Hindu have to do with khilafat (Islamic Ummah)? But he still supported the muslims over it. That is why when anyone insults Gandhi I feel he is insulting a great fellow.

In Lucknow the main problem (even bigger than cow meat not being available at a lot of places) is that there are only a few halal eateries so all food is not for traditional muslim families. Even international restaurants like McDonalds and Pizza Hut have mainly vegetarian menu and where there is chicken-it is not halal. Dominos sells a few pork pizzas btw as well but no beef.

I believe its all about personal choice.

I think Pakistan should have a special law for hindus and for the ashes to be disposed off after burning. I believe they have to be sent to the ganga or I am not sure. Depending on the type of Hinduism I believe there are differential beliefs. But in any case the security and safety of minorities is a nations concern which it should take very very seriously. Such laws can exist in a Hindu Rashtra but not in a secular republic.

Also do note some laws are very difficult to implement. The next post talks about a halal restaurant that sells beef in Lucknow- despite some states having a ban on illegal slaughter houses there are still there. So whats the point of having a law that will (very deliberately) be broken?

Tunday Kababi at Chowk serves only 'beef' Mr. Wannabe Lakhnavi. Most meat products served in this part of the country is halal anyways since more than 90% of the people involved in the meat industry and slaughter house owners are Muslims.

Try not to make a fool of yourself next time with your half-baked knowledge gathered from the internet.

Well I admit I am proud to be Pakistani and do not accept being from a country like India which gave me nothing but its hatred for muslims.

So? I few places sell it. Go to Pizza hut in Lucknow and ask if it is halal. There are countless food problems for muslims in Lucknow. Any person can see it.

Oh i am already dead by law.

And thankfully no cutting head is in constitution.

Did they cut heads of people who killed horses in battle or is it applicable only during peace times?

In battle don't you kill all your enemies irrespective of weather he cuts off your horses head or not ? :lol:

Thankfully there is no slavery in the constitution either. :coffee:

friend ,
do not teach them vhants from vedas,
4 vedaa are made for mumuxu(seeker),
not for these people..

friend ,
do not teach them vhants from vedas,
4 vedaa are made for mumuxu(seeker),
not for these people..

Teaching is for those who's cup is empty, for those who's cup is filled with hubris, these verses only serve as a slap.

Buddhism has nothing to do with with prohibition on consuming beef or any meat for that matter.. Buddhism does not have prohibitions full stop
Neither does Hinduism has any concept of prohibition. Its the minority who want to impose their views on majority in this case. Most Hindus don't consume beef, cow meat to be specific, but some do. Most barring a fringe minority would have no problems if others eat beef as long as they don't do public slaughter just to intimidate Hindus. OTOH there should be a law to specify a minimum age after which an animal should be slaughtered , when it is towards the end of its life cycle, not fit to reproduce or provide milk. Dairy industry would be unsustainable if these old animals who are no longer useful are not slaughtered, their every body part is put to use, their meat for consumption and hides for leather products.

Ps : I'm a vegetarian BTW.

hahahaha
@SpArK is a christian??
Naah..he's a hardcore hindu, secular like all other mallus here and a non vegetarian. i guess i must be the only mallu on this forum who is a pure vegetarian. When it comes to Kerala never make assumptions on the basis of one's eating habits.
@nair

You are vegetarian ? You are a disgrace to us mallus :p

In battle don't you kill all your enemies irrespective of weather he cuts off your horses head or not ? :lol:

Thankfully there is no slavery in the constitution either. :coffee:

Yes. And no punishment either.

Its sad India is just one country among 280+ and the world with over 800+ breeds of cattle are not safe elsewhere in the world.

yak%20bull%20Ozzie.jpg

I would like to save yak, for example..He could have been like the Bob marley of this holy herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom