What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it has to do with the subject in hand :P

Hindus considered cow as holy thats why they banned cow slaughter.. Is it justifiable to you that people throw out something holy after realizing that it will be a liability for them rest of their life?

What are you talking about??

Buddhisn does not allow you to kill animals for food. Though if an animal has died its natural death, Buddhism does not forbid yoy from consuming its meat, but no prohibition theory is a balderdash. There is no religion with zero prohibitions, barring atheistic cults like Ajivika.

Jains do not consume meat. They don't even consume any plant product whose harvest causes damage to that Plant.They are most fanatic supporter of anti-slaughter laws in India. @SarthakGanguly is right here.

Buddhism does not prohibit anything.. Only sangha are not allowed to kill,Given they are the guardians of the philosophy Any lay person have the choice to kill for consumption.. Buddhism does not have any prohibitions, Lord Buddha preached self awareness.. Always given the choice

I cant comment on jains.. Cos i have very little knowledge of it

Two countries were created in 1947 - One for Muslims and one for non Muslims. The non Muslims are just trying to get their rules running in their country for once. I say - let them try. What do you say? :)

When practice of Sati is coming back ?

But arnt you serving with the same spoon that you say Islamists demand ? Substantial number of Indians arnt all Indians bro.. You get states to impose laws that hinder choices of others and give precedence to the religious beliefs over others, that's religio fascism .. I have no problems in your strong beliefs on Hinduism but that should be a choice not the law.. Thats what freedom in general is choices.. Why take that away from sections of your own society just to benefit yours ?
I agree - it is fascism. Not exactly religio fascism. But ethno-nationalistic fascism. But we need to harden up a bit now. Your statement is correct and very moral as well. But free choice often gets exploited in this country of 1.25 Billion. Say in 30 years when we reach a level of higher HDI like say SL, we may not need such bans. Like you don't need to ban alcohol for a baby. You will make sure that one does not get near it. I see this in a similar way. Plus, instead of taking, we are talking about saving lives here. So quite different from the Islamist demands. Plus I have some personal stake(some personal exp) in this as well. Which is why I stated that all this is my personal reasoning. Of course, I am not willing to kill anyone for having beef, but I am happy with this law - pretty much for the same reason some people are not. :)

Hindus considered cow as holy thats why they banned cow slaughter.. Is it justifiable to you that people throw out something holy after realizing that it will be a liability for them rest of their life?

You have a point...... You know how sensitive some of them are: I will tell you one experience.....

I was in a sabji market (the weekly market where people sell all vegetables in a ground or a particular palce) in North India, and one cow came inside this market and started eating cheera (keera)... the guy hit the cow to save his stock..... by seeing this few fellows came and thrashed this poor fellow so badly, i was shocked..... That sensitive people are, being mallu's we dont understand neither we care.....

What is east of India????

Bay of Bangal???? Is that your Slave level knowledge????

Not.. But your lack of knowledge on all matters discussed truly amuses me.. Australia is politically/ Culturally a western nation even though it is geographically situated in the Eastern hemisphere.. Comprende ??

Holy for Hindus, not Muslims, so why ban for all? That is what i am saying.
Refer to my post 323.

I wasn't talking about Pakistan. I was referring to Muslim attitudes in general. India banned the Satanic verses. Why? If it offended Muslims, only they should have not read it. Same with any article that offends Muslims. We have laws that allow for some restrictions, even people making direct public attacks can be prosecuted when theoretically in a secular state, no one should be compelled to respect any other religion or be mindful of taboos that shouldn't apply to the person not following that faith.. I'm no fan of this ban but the argument you put forward does not hold, India banned slaughter of many animals. The cow has just been put on that list in the state of Maharashtra, a law that was actually passed nearly 20 years ago in 1995, receiving presidential assent only now.

May be we should build a bridge to Sri Lanka just like Saudis build with Bahrain.. Then ban all the cow slaughter here and those who wanted to consume beef can go to Sri Lanka just like Saudis going to Bahrain for liquor.

Ah Pakistan Studies strikes again.

Jouhar will return if you successfully invade Rajasthan again. Read it up.

So selective restoration of Indian a.k.a hindu culture. ? Removing muslim influences from your culture. Glad you are finally freeing yourself from the clutches of muslims :enjoy:

Not.. But your lack of knowledge on all matters discussed truly amuses me.. Australia is politically/ Culturally a western nation even though it is geographically situated in the Eastern hemisphere.. Comprende ??

You can bring it to west of Subcontinent it is non of my concern. come up with something good.

you better decide is it in the east or west.

when you are absolutely sure where it is then we will debate further.

btw you can take help of your master.

Till then bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom