What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddhism has nothing to do with with prohibition on consuming beef or any meat for that matter.. Buddhism does not have prohibitions full stop
True. But our Buddhist and Jain organizations have called for it for a very long time. This is an Indian cultural issue.

Is it so???? So you consider yourself a slave of Australia Which is in the East of Indian SubContinent????

Australia given is geographically situated in the Eastern Hemisphere is considered a Western nation in global political terms.. Dont they teach you geo politcs in school ?

Well, you can ban it for Hindus, but why everyone? Muslims are not supposed to drink Alcohol or consume pork. In Pakistan it is illegel for Muslims, but perfectly fine for non-muslims.

The reason why Koran burning carries death sentence in your country.

True. But our Buddhist and Jain organizations have called for it for a very long time. This is an Indian cultural issue.

I doubt mate.. This cant be an Indian cultural issue, It's a religious political issue specific to Maharashtra.. Many Indians themselves are not in agreement to this

One thing for sure... Non beef eaters are aggressive and getting personal over others in this thread.

There goes the theory that it's the meat eaters, especially red meat eaters who are aggressive.

Australia given is geographically situated in the Eastern Hemisphere is considered a Western nation in global political terms.. Dont they teach you geo politcs in school ?

Good So you Accept that you are slave of Western Culture!!! It dosnt matter weather you call your self western or eastern but the fact is you are slave.

Look from Subcontinent towards east you are still a slave. Look at Western Culture you still a slave.

So the Mentality of Slave will always be of being slave. U deserve it .

Congrats.

Well, you can ban it for Hindus, but why everyone? Muslims are not supposed to drink Alcohol or consume pork. In Pakistan it is illegel for Muslims, but perfectly fine for non-muslims.

Do you consider either of them to be holy? It's a bit like you expecting non-Muslims not to draw images of your prophet. Theoretically, that should be none of your business.

I doubt mate.. This cant be an Indian cultural issue, It's a religious political issue specific to Maharashtra.. Many Indians themselves are not in agreement to this
This is an Indian cultural issue. Over time a substantial number of Indians have started to hate themselves, and their own practices. You won't understand as SL - inspite of itself having a diverse culture takes pride in a common SL heritage - cutting across all lines.

In India, with time there is now a considerable number of people who hate their own culture, Indian heritage etc. I can go on and on about this but beef is something that was banned by pretty much all states since independence. It was never fully implemented. Some states diluted/removed it - as Hindus and Sikhs never voted on religious/cultural lines.

Second reason is this - The people Maharashtra are rather less self hating than the rest. These are my personal observations only.

Of course, I don't deny politics is the real reason in the background. But for the nationalists like us - this is a victory. Not because the beef or yada yada got banned - the victory is symbolic. As it shows that we can come together and do something per our wishes without giving in to Islamic demands. This is my take on the thing.

On a personal level - I am convinced that liberalism should take a hike for some time in India. Such a huge population should be tuned together to stay together and grow together. The experiences in the immediate West gives us shivers too.

Good So you Accept that you are slave of Western Culture!!! It dosnt matter weather you call your self western or eastern but the fact is you are slave.

Look from Subcontinent towards east you are still a slave. Look at Western Culture you still a slave.

So the Mentality of Slave will always be of being slave. U deserve it .

Congrats.

But given your own theory does'nt that make you a Eastern slave.. More specifically a slave to Hindu fundamentalism? With no opinion of your own ? Thank you for that clarification

Hey guess what it's the same with Islamic fundamentalism.. Interesting would'nt you say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom