What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you consider either of them to be holy? It's a bit like you expecting non-Muslims not to draw images of your prophet. Theoretically, that should be none of your business.

Holy for Hindus, not Muslims, so why ban for all? That is what i am saying.

But given your own theory does'nt that make you a Eastern slave.. More specifically a slave to Hindu fundamentalism? With no opinion of your own ? Thank you for that clarification

Hey guess what it's the same with Islamic fundamentalism.. Interesting would'nt you say

What is east of India????

Bay of Bangal???? Is that your Slave level knowledge????

It seems like dog is sick soooooo sick that it is dying and maggots eating it to death.
Calm down.

Read Vivekananda on this. He says that we should eat meat - we need Rajashik energy. I don't agree with him on this point though. Cows should not be slaughtered. We have done well without indulging in it for centuries. It won't hurt us if we abstain today.

The reason why Koran burning carries death sentence in your country.

Hey, didn't India claim to be a secular or fake secular republic? Because Pakistan clearly mentions 'Islamic Republic'

When in doubt, use your brain.

Same as the injunction against making images of the prophet. For muslims.....why should anyone else be stopped?

Buddhism has nothing to do with with prohibition on consuming beef or any meat for that matter.. Buddhism does not have prohibitions full stop

What are you talking about??

Buddhism does not allow you to kill animals for food. Though if an animal has died its natural death, Buddhism does not forbid you from consuming its meat, but no prohibition theory is a balderdash. There is no religion with zero prohibitions, barring atheistic cults like Ajivika.

I doubt mate.. This cant be an Indian cultural issue, It's a religious political issue specific to Maharashtra.. Many Indians themselves are not in agreement to this

Jains do not consume meat. They don't even consume any plant product whose harvest causes damage to that Plant.They are most fanatic supporter of anti-slaughter laws in India. @SarthakGanguly is right here.

They should bring strict laws against abandoning cows in the road..

This is an Indian cultural issue. Over time a substantial number of Indians have started to hate themselves, and their own practices. You won't understand as SL - inspite of itself having a diverse culture takes pride in a common SL heritage - cutting across all lines.

In India, with time there is now a considerable number of people who hate their own culture, Indian heritage etc. I can go on and on about this but beef is something that was banned by pretty much all states since independence. It was never fully implemented. Some states diluted/removed it - as Hindus and Sikhs never voted on religious/cultural lines.

Second reason is this - The people Maharashtra are rather less self hating than the rest. These are my personal observations only.

Of course, I don't deny politics is the real reason in the background. But for the nationalists like us - this is a victory. Not because the beef or yada yada got banned - the victory is symbolic. As it shows that we can come together and do something per our wishes without giving in to Islamic demands. This is my take on the thing.

But arnt you serving with the same spoon that you say Islamists demand ? Substantial number of Indians arnt all Indians bro.. You get states to impose laws that hinder choices of others and give precedence to the religious beliefs over others, that's religio fascism .. I have no problems in your strong beliefs on Hinduism but that should be a choice not the law.. Thats what freedom in general is choices.. Why take that away from sections of your own society just to benefit yours ?

Two countries were created in 1947 - One for Muslims and one for non Muslims. The non Muslims are just trying to get their rules running in their country for once. I say - let them try. What do you say? :)

Calm down.

Read Vivekananda on this. He says that we should eat meat - we need Rajashik energy. I don't agree with him on this point though. Cows should not be slaughtered. We have done well without indulging in it for centuries. It won't hurt us if we abstain today.

Yep it hurts siculars whenever something happens which restores culture of India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom