What's new

BD should attach importance to Asian Highway development

If India was a Buddhist nation, it could probably absorb Bangladesh. But the current and future trajectory of the collective mindset of India's majority population, it is not possible. Lets say things are diverging rather than converging.

Bangladesh have a better shot at becoming a part of ASEAN+ union led by Japan with Korea as the junior assistant, which will be a recreation of pre WW II Imperial Japan, minus some parts and some new parts added.

So trade absolutely yes with India, but political and security alliance, absolutely no. Zero feasibility.

History tells it otherwise. Bangladesh ruled whole India as well as up to Indoneshia while it was a Buddhist nation. Bangladesh would had done the same now. Even if we merge with India now we still will rule India.

If India was a Buddhist nation, it could probably absorb Bangladesh. But the current and future trajectory of the collective mindset of India's majority population, it is not possible. Lets say things are diverging rather than converging.

Bangladesh have a better shot at becoming a part of ASEAN+ union led by Japan with Korea as the junior assistant, which will be a recreation of pre WW II Imperial Japan, minus some parts and some new parts added.

So trade absolutely yes with India, but political and security alliance, absolutely no. Zero feasibility.

Dont understand how you could get this strong relationship with ASEAN when being surrounded by India, like you said zero feasibility. In fact ASEAN members would rather trade with India then Bangladesh, because of India economic superiority.

The only way you can guarantee 100% success rate with trade with India, that is important for the well being of your people is if India and Bangladesh merges

History tells it otherwise. Bangladesh ruled whole India as well as up to Indoneshia while it was a Buddhist nation. Bangladesh would had done the same now. Even if we merge with India now we still will rule India.

@ So you have a desire to merge with India, good ! good ! Al-Zakir was right to identify you. I am too late !

@ So, you have a desire to rule India so what even we merge with India.

@ I remember in 1971 on 23 March(Pakistan Day) on the street of Dacca saw the young students both girls and boys parading with dummy rifle on the shoulder and wearing a "Nehru Cap". I saw iajdani also on that street. Initially I was surprized to see but lately realise the inner meaning of it.

@ So you have a desire to merge with India, good ! good ! Al-Zakir was right to identify you. I am too late !

@ So, you have a desire to rule India so what even we merge with India.

@ I remember in 1971 on 23 March(Pakistan Day) on the street of Dacca saw the young students both girls and boys parading with dummy rifle on the shoulder and wearing a "Nehru Cap". I saw iajdani also on that street. Initially I was surprized to see but lately realise the inner meaning of it.

You are too old to understand the dominant gene and how it works my old friend. Its sometimes called Alpha male. You are territorial and happy on living with your own lady but I like to explore mine as well as others.

Anyway, for economic reasons it will be best if India and Bangladesh merges.

Bangladesh wont need to spend billions on defence if the 2 nations merges. India already have enough navy power to protect Bangladesh and it can spend the money on their enery sector, to improve standard of living for its people.

Not to forget, the size of Bangldesh is reducing every year, due to flooding and erodible land it has.

What Kingdom was this :undecided:

Bangladesh wont need to spend billions on defence if the 2 nations merges. India already have enough navy power to protect Bangladesh and it can spend the money on their enery sector, to improve standard of living for its people.

Not to forget, the size of Bangldesh is reducing every year, due to flooding and erodible land it has.

@ Merge with India !!!! That too for economic reason !!!! Wait let me consult with with late grandfather and my aged old father who served in Pakistan Army. (................!!!!!!!!!!____-----------)

@ Father.

1. "Nahi ! kabi nahi". "Larke lange Pakistan", "Narai Takbir Allah Ho Akbar". About 97% people of Bengal voted for separate Pakistan. We could not went to school wearing Pajama and Panjabi.

2. My name was Sri Muhammad Akbar Hossain in the class room. 90 % teachers were Hindus.

3. We were not allowed to sit at the front being muslim. We wee forced to read "Ramaen". In the schools and colleges there was always a Bootball Match between the Muslims and Bengalees. We were not allowed to identify as Bengalee, we were "musulman" a separate entity in a soceity.

4. No cow were allowed to slautered in our area due to the decree of Hindu Jamindar not even during the "Qurbani Eid". Many many muslims were killed in calcutta(Bengal) and Bihar province by the Hindus. Many were burned alive.

5. " Son pethet ki jang me(65 war) hamlogone hindustan ko mutor juwab diatha. Hamlogone khemkareng dakhel kia tha, Runn of Catch dakhel kia tha. ekator's juddhe Pak hanadar bhanier thathe biddro ha kore, Bnagladesh ke mukto korechi. ekhon Bharater shate jukto howar jonno noy".

@ Late Grandfather . It was our dream to be separated from Hindus. Jinnah showesd us the devine path. I remember at Delhi at the open debate of press Nehru said in India there are two parties one is Indians and another is British. Jinnah said no ! no !! there are four parties one is British, two is Hindus,third is Muslims and forth is Princely States.

1. We were forced to keep "Sree" before our name in the schools and Colleges by the principals and Headmaster. All most Headmasters and Principals were Hindus.

2. We were forced to wear "Dhutee" in the schools and Colleges.

3. We were not allowed to take food and sweets in the Hindu hotels.

4. In some hotels we were allowed at the outside of hotel premises but no water used to served in a glass. They used to pour water from up and we used to drink with our both hands.

5. No muslims were allowed to go inside any "Zamindar's House". For any reason even we went there we could not use sandle/shoes.

6. Hardly any officials jobs were aviable for the muslims.

7. It was on that day after the Indian Constitutional Act of 1935 was passed by the British Parliament that muslims used to get some official jobs in the administration.

8. During my times I was mot allowed to go to "Patshala" which was exclusively for Hindus. I used to go to "Maktub" besides our mosque. We were not allowed to study Bengali. Bengalee was used only as speaking language for us.

9. We used to study "Arbi", "Farsi" and little bit "Urdu" in the "Muktabs" and finally to the various "Madrasas". We could not study English as such no jobs.

Noble thought, but not going to happen. Blame the Brahmin's and Adi Shankara for that, now they have put sand in your Gur (brown sugar). Hindu Nationalists hate Muslims period and they don't want to increase percentage or number of Muslims in India, because it will create problem for the Brahmin supremacists.

Proof:

- fence around Bangladesh
- open border for Nepal (and Bhutan?)

Bangladesh holds a strategic advantage over India. India's eastern most provinces are only accessible through a narrow route which is only 25km wide between Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Any stupidity by the Indians, Bangladesh should launch an offensive and sever the land route between the Eastern Provinces and rest of India.

So India needs to be careful when dealing with Bangladesh. :D

Indian military people very much forsee a scenerio like what you proposed. This is why IA have kept 300,000 troops around BD.

Bangladesh should join to the East-West Economic Corridor

great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor.gif

East

Remember 2 nation theory? BD existence lies on that by default. If we need to spend billions it is to
defend our selves form you guys. So how will a merger solve the problem. I have a better idea. How about
you give us back Murshidabad, tripura and muslims parts of assam and meghalaya. That's sound
like a much more ligical merger isn't it. :rolleyes:

Remember 2 nation theory? BD existence lies on that by default. If we need to spend billions it is to
defend our selves form you guys. So how will a merger solve the problem. I have a better idea. How about
you give us back Murshidabad, tripura and muslims parts of assam and meghalaya. That's sound
like a much more ligical merger isn't it. :rolleyes:

Yeh if you give us whole of Bangladesh. :)

Back
Top Bottom