What's new

BD should attach importance to Asian Highway development

Bangladesh holds a strategic advantage over India. India's eastern most provinces are only accessible through a narrow route which is only 25km wide between Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Any stupidity by the Indians, Bangladesh should launch an offensive and sever the land route between the Eastern Provinces and rest of India.

So India needs to be careful when dealing with Bangladesh. :D

Please, please, ANYTHING but that!

Look at us shivering in our dhoties and have mercy!

Please, please, ANYTHING but that!

Look at us shivering in our dhoties and have mercy!
Posts like the one you quoted above are the reason why this forum is so addictive! Makes you wonder how can they ever come up with such beauties!!
Just like we have a measure of IQ to assess logic/intelligence, we also ought to have an Illogical Quotient - the '-'IQ, if you may.

How about replacing India with Bangladesh and vice versa. Sounds sweet to me considering English a tiny island ruled India for so long and some nomad from central asia conquered the whole India. India is so used to that Idea.

You're only ***** slapping yourself here.

And please, the British Empire wasn't no small Island back then like it is now. Most of those European empires back then weren't small like Bangladesh.

And no nomads ruled all of India.

History tells it otherwise. Bangladesh ruled whole India as well as up to Indoneshia while it was a Buddhist nation. Bangladesh would had done the same now. Even if we merge with India now we still will rule India.

which history book???i'll buy one..anyway..there was no "Bangladesh" which ruled over india,it was "Bongodesh" which ruled some area of India(not post independence india) :D :D

History tells it otherwise. Bangladesh ruled whole India as well as up to Indoneshia while it was a Buddhist nation. Bangladesh would had done the same now. Even if we merge with India now we still will rule India.

I'm all for it!

If we add the population of Bangladesh to that of India, we get (1210 + 158 =) 1,368 millions. The number of Bengalis will be (158 + 83 =) 241 millions. The percentage is 17.6%. Hindi speakers will remain 422 millions, 30%, down from 41%.

With 8% of the population, Mamata has the whole country up a tree; with 17.6%, Hasina will rule.

Unfortunately, we have to decide what to do with Mamata. Do you think China will take her, if we ask nicely? Or North Korea? Apparently they are having trouble shaking off the Communist Party also, just like China, and experts are needed.

I'm all for it!

If we add the population of Bangladesh to that of India, we get (1210 + 158 =) 1,368 millions. The number of Bengalis will be (158 + 83 =) 241 millions. The percentage is 17.6%. Hindi speakers will remain 422 millions, 30%, down from 41%.

With 8% of the population, Mamata has the whole country up a tree; with 17.6%, Hasina will rule.

Unfortunately, we have to decide what to do with Mamata. Do you think China will take her, if we ask nicely? Or North Korea? Apparently they are having trouble shaking off the Communist Party also, just like China, and experts are needed.

I don't think WB and BD will get along if we ever reunite; at least not in the foreseeable future. I can see this happening only if Pakistan sets a precedence by getting absorbed into "Greater India".

I don't think WB and BD will get along if we ever reunite; at least not in the foreseeable future. I can see this happening only if Pakistan sets a precedence by getting absorbed into "Greater India".

Pakistan wll not get absorbed into the "greater india" as long as it has nukes

I'm all for it!

Most of them are non native Hindi Speakers. Once Bengal integrated the Bengali speaking people will multiply specially Bihar Orissa, North East will be taken in Bengal Domain. Now Biharis/Gujratis etc are considered as Hindi speakers only to rationalize the Hindi dominance.

Regarding Mamata/Hasina well I have no clue what to do with them. Hasina yesterday declared that she will just die for the country. I hope she does before the integration

Bangladesh still need massive investment for High Quality Highways. India already have a 4/6 lanes highway directly from Wagah Border in the West to Moreh Border in the East mostly by East-West Corridor(Porbandar to Silchar) and North-South Corridor (Srinagar to Kanyakumari)

National-Highway.gif

Modimg20.jpg

East-West Corridor in Assam(below)
Modimg19.jpg

Here are the Bangladeshi National Highway.
Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
Dhaka-Chittagong_Road.jpg

Dhaka-Bogra Highway
Dhaka-Bogra_Highway_1.jpg

Bangladesh holds a strategic advantage over India. India's eastern most provinces are only accessible through a narrow route which is only 25km wide between Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Any stupidity by the Indians, Bangladesh should launch an offensive and sever the land route between the Eastern Provinces and rest of India.

So India needs to be careful when dealing with Bangladesh. :D

Unfortunately, there's no such leader in present Bangladesh who'll lead this nation strongly, all are running directly or indirectly by indian influence. Fact is if anyone wants to raise head against them, that guy will be killed somehow and the world will know that mutiny or something offensive took place in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh still need massive investment for High Quality Highways. India already have a 4/6 lanes highway directly from Wagah Border in the West to Moreh Border in the East mostly by East-West Corridor(Porbandar to Silchar) and North-South Corridor (Srinagar to Kanyakumari)

National-Highway.gif

Modimg20.jpg

East-West Corridor in Assam(below)
Modimg19.jpg

Here are the Bangladeshi National Highway.
Dhaka-Chittagong Highway
Dhaka-Chittagong_Road.jpg

Dhaka-Bogra Highway
Dhaka-Bogra_Highway_1.jpg
Why compare with india? Under this current dalal gov even main roads in Dhaka is completely
broke. And yes we need to devolop our highways to 4-6 lanes but the topic of this thread is
whether this so called asian highway via India is at all at BD's interest. Most Bangladeshis think
connectivity via india is suicidal and we need Asian connectivity via myanmar.

Why compare with india? Under this current dalal gov even main roads in Dhaka is completely
broke. And yes we need to devolop our highways to 4-6 lanes but the topic of this thread is
whether this so called asian highway via India is at all at BD's interest. Most Bangladeshis think
connectivity via india is suicidal and we need Asian connectivity via myanmar.

See the map of East-West Corridor(the Blue line on the map), India can certainly avoid Bangladesh as it is certainly not like transporting goods from Kolkata to Agartala, the route seems viable. We already have done our work for Trans-Asian Highway by constructing 4/6 lanes highways and either Bangladesh join it or not join is your own wish.

Is there any plan from Bangladesh or mutual agreement with Myanmar to construct Myanmar-Bangladesh Highway ultimately connecting to South-East Asia.

Agree, I really think because of Bangladesh bad location, India and Bangladesh should become 1 nation. Bangladesh can be a bit like how Hong Kong in managed in China

Bangladesh wil have they own rights and own mayor etc, but India will defend Bangladesh and collect its taxes to redistribute all over India including north east India.

1.Before embarking on conquests let India try and hold on to J&K, Maoist Purbancal and NE. Every Tom Dick & Harry in the world knows about India's mega-dream of establishing Mah Bharat / Ram Rajya stretching from the Oxus to the Celebes. Wet dreams though.

2. The Muslim bridgehead around BD is ever increasing. With our 95% Muslim population now add 55 % of NE Muslims and another 55% of Pashchimbangla. Another 25 years and another Shershah will hoist his BD Islamic flag over the Lal Qilla.

1.Before embarking on conquests let India try and hold on to J&K, Maoist Purbancal and NE. Every Tom Dick & Harry in the world knows about India's mega-dream of establishing Mah Bharat / Ram Rajya stretching from the Oxus to the Celebes. Wet dreams though.

2. The Muslim bridgehead around BD is ever increasing. With our 95% Muslim population now add 55 % of NE Muslims and another 55% of Pashchimbangla. Another 25 years and another Shershah will hoist his BD Islamic flag over the Lal Qilla.

Sher Shah was Bangali? You give me boundless hope for the educated and learned younger generations of Bangladeshis. What a pleasant surprise. All these days, I thought something different - never mind what, I don't want everyone laughing at my silly mistake. Bless you, and may you be that future Sher Shah's right circular object.

Back
Top Bottom