What's new

BD should attach importance to Asian Highway development

I think thread title should read 'BD should attach importance to Indian Highway development'. This project has no benefit to Bangladesh which merely locks the country into the Indian highway network with no direct access to a third country.

Not if the highway connects us to Myanmar instead of Indian NE. Otherwise there's not much of a point in getting connected to "Asian" highway.

I dont want to go into this debate now. I mentioned those in a lot of thread since long. India did follow a wrong path all together.

Just because you walked in when a background music was playing doesn't mean the BGM was being played for you.

Indian economic growth's slight reduction is wholly due to the policy paralysis at top - for example subsidies, FDI in retail, further reforms etc etc. Nothing to do with economic structure.

Anyway you are free to believe what you want to.

Bangladesh holds a strategic advantage over India. India's eastern most provinces are only accessible through a narrow route which is only 25km wide between Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Any stupidity by the Indians, Bangladesh should launch an offensive and sever the land route between the Eastern Provinces and rest of India.

So India needs to be careful when dealing with Bangladesh. :D

Any stupidity by the Indians, Bangladesh should launch an offensive and sever the land route between the Eastern Provinces and rest of India.

So India needs to be careful when dealing with Bangladesh. :D

The smiley at the last says it all :D

Not if the highway connects us to Myanmar instead of Indian NE. Otherwise there's not much of a point in getting connected to "Asian" highway.

The Myanmar link is what the BNP wanted but the AL agreed to the Indian plan and all roads lead to the North East only.

Dhaka to China via Myanmar = profit.

India to India via Dhaka = loss.

Calculate How, in perspective of political, economical and future threats and opportunities.

Mr Munshi...Agreed ...India NE is land locked from 3 sides....But take in another way....India is not all about NE..If BD provides transit then it is well and good...If it does not it is not a work stopper for us....But think about BD...It is sorrounded by India from 3 sides....So who is land locked? BD or India??

Agree, I really think because of Bangladesh bad location, India and Bangladesh should become 1 nation. Bangladesh can be a bit like how Hong Kong in managed in China

Bangladesh wil have they own rights and own mayor etc, but India will defend Bangladesh and collect its taxes to redistribute all over India including north east India.

Agree, I really think because of Bangladesh bad location, India and Bangladesh should become 1 nation. Bangladesh can be a bit like how Hong Kong in managed in China

Bangladesh wil have they own rights and own mayor etc, but India will defend Bangladesh and collect its taxes to redistribute all over India including north east India.

How about replacing India with Bangladesh and vice versa. Sounds sweet to me considering English a tiny island ruled India for so long and some nomad from central asia conquered the whole India. India is so used to that Idea.

How about replacing India with Bangladesh and vice versa. Sounds sweet to me considering English a tiny island ruled India for so long and some nomad from central asia conquered the whole India. India is so used to that Idea.

Yes only India, Pakistan and Bangladesh was never ruled. :woot:

Plus as far as I know, India is set to one of the most powerful nations in the next 10 years. Its best Bangladesh joins India asap.

Yes only India, Pakistan and Bangladesh was never ruled. :woot:

Plus as far as I know, India is set to one of the most powerful nations in the next 10 years. Its best Bangladesh joins India asap.

Bribe S&P first asap. They are about to put you in JUNK status. LOL

If India was a Buddhist nation, it could probably absorb Bangladesh. But the current and future trajectory of the collective mindset of India's majority population, it is not possible. Lets say things are diverging rather than converging.

Bangladesh have a better shot at becoming a part of ASEAN+ union led by Japan with Korea as the junior assistant, which will be a recreation of pre WW II Imperial Japan, minus some parts and some new parts added.

So trade absolutely yes with India, but political and security alliance, absolutely no. Zero feasibility.

Back
Top Bottom