What's new

BD navy submarines are at Chittagong port

Any news about commissioning of Ming Subs, last time i heard that feb 17 but till now no news!!!

Congratulations....but
Since, Bangladesh have no enemy, then why waste money on these toys? just to appease generals i guess?
since pakistan wont go to war with it's neighbors tomorrow morning... why is pakistan buying toys?
same reason bangladesh is buying toys... you never know what happens

BNS Shotabdi and BNS Jugpot I say. Or BNS Khaialamu and BNS Chodailamu works too! xD

What's an "অর্বাগ্নি" ? :/

-____-
what about BNS dhon? xD

Ai Bacchara - Chhi Chhi 'R' rated kotha bolba na....:-)
@Mohammed Khaled is just having a high tide in his testosterone. He is in Ukraine after all. :lol:

Wait.. i just realized he has an egg :azn: .. on this twitter profile picture. :rofl:
i didn;t know what dhon meant until a few days back when i learn it from kolkata bengalis...
but i meant it as dhon:riches :P
i dont blame ukraine for it... i have been having those in lands of arabia too xD
i have a microscope and me focusing on epydimisis on my twitter as my profile pic

1) A geographical location cannot be changed. Bengal is where it is. Do not speak of a fuzzy, very hypothetical and meaningless point.

2) There was no feudal lord named Isa Khan Bhuyan. There was a famous feudal lord called Isa Khan Afghan. People with the family title of Bhuyan are not related to this Masnad-i-Ala Isa Khan. In Jangalbari, his descendants today call themselves Dewan.

All other feudal lords and many of their retinues of that time belonged to a mixed Pathan stock who migrated from Hindustan to Bengal after their defeat at the 1st battle of Panipath in 1526 by Babar, and after another defeat at the 2nd battle of Panipath in 1556 by Humayun.

3) There is probably no very recent converts to Islam. Most of the conversions from Hindu to Muslim were made during the first fifty years after 1605 when the Delhi Mughals annexed this land with Hindustan. No people in Bengal is aware of their heritage, foreign/local/mixed, because no scribed account is left.
Ahem ahem, no offence but, in Bangladesh knowing family root that long is almost impossible because of our heavy mixture. So, how do you managed to know that?

Sorry, very old thread, but I didn't get the chance to reply.

As for the paternal side, we don't carry the surname Bhuiyan actually, but rather another surname. However, it is passed down through family legend that our lineage is originally from a branch of Isa Khan's family settled in Hill Tippera (modern Tripura), that migrated to borders of plains Tippera (Bangladesh) where our village is located, but as per question, I have no proof.

As for maternal side, my family is connected with two Zamindari families. One was Muslim, and the other was recently converted Hindu. As for this, the name of two of my great grandfather and great great grandfathers are mentioned in books, and I have been to the Zamindar mansion located in a village among the hills of Chittagong, which is now in ruins. My extended family also owns numerous plots throughout the Chittagong city and surrounding areas to this day and are known by native residents.

And, as for the Bengali Muslim question, the best book dealing with the question is "Bengal and the Islam Frontier" which is generally accepted by academics.

What is the news about upcoming submarine of BN.

BD probably going to need some time in mastering the technique and strategies before buying more in a few years.

Two mings were bought for a reason.... to gather experience in hunting and evading not only in the field of sub vs sub but also how to best utilise our ASW platforms.

BD probably going to need some time in mastering the technique and strategies before buying more in a few years.

Two mings were bought for a reason.... to gather experience in hunting and evading not only in the field of sub vs sub but also how to best utilise our ASW platforms.

Exactly - they need to come up with battle scenarios/policy first for underwater engagements and test those scenarios in real life per earlier training in China. Also I believe aforementioned tactical data link equipment needs to be installed and tested....

Underwater warfare is a game of skills and those skills do not come easily or cheaply.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom