India will invest 10 billion dollars in Bangladesh

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

India will invest 10 billion dollars in Bangladesh​

own reporter
Chittagong
Published: 26 August 2023, 13:02

The guests present at the seminar titled Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges.  Today at the World Trade Center auditorium in Agrabad, Chittagong

The guests present at the seminar titled Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges. Today at the World Trade Center auditorium in Agrabad, ChittagongProthom-alo

India will invest about 10 billion dollars (1000 crore dollar) in Bangladesh. The development of two economic zones in Mirsrai and Mongla will further boost India's investment. India currently has three billion dollars investment in Bangladesh.

Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Prannoy Verma gave this information in a seminar at Bangabandhu Auditorium of World Trade Center in Agrabad, Chittagong city on Saturday. The seminar titled 'Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges' was organized by private research organization Development Coordination and Bangladesh-India History Heritage Council.

Chairperson of development coordination and former governor Atiur Rahman presided over the seminar.

India's High Commissioner Prannoy Verma said that due to the visionary leadership of the Prime Ministers of the two countries, there have been many changes in the relationship between India and Bangladesh. By improving the communication system between the two countries, we can remove the barriers to our mutual cooperation. About 40 to 50 percent of our bilateral trade is conducted through 36 land ports and customs stations. He hopes to take the border trade infrastructure of the two countries to a state-of-the-art level.

In the seminar, Atiur Rahman said that Chittagong will one day take Bangladesh forward like New York, Singapore or Mumbai in the United States. If Chittagong moves forward, Bangladesh will move forward. For this progress, other elements must work together with the infrastructure development of Chittagong. Then Chittagong will advance not only the regional economy, but also the economy of the surrounding countries.

The former governor of Bangladesh Bank said that it is not enough to do only projects for communication. After the completion of the projects, the communication opportunities that will be created in Chittagong should be seen so that no obstacles are created in them. An institution can be set up for this. If a task force can be set up, it may be through the Port Authority or through the Divisional Commissioner.

Abdullah Nadvi presented the main article in the seminar. Welcome speech was given by Tapas Hor of the History and Heritage Parishad. Chittagong University Vice-Chancellor Shireen Akhtar, Chittagong Port Chairman Rear Admiral Mohammad Sohail, Dhaka University International Relations Department Professor Delwar Hossain, Foreign Trade and Investment Center Director Nurul Kabir, CDA Chairman M Zahirul Alam Dubash, Chittagong City Corporation Former Administrator Khorshed Alam Sujan also spoke. , Vice President of Chittagong Chamber of Commerce and Industry Tarafdar Ruhul Amin, newly elected director of the Chamber Mahfuzul Haque Shah, Anjan Shekhar Dash, Vice President of Bangladesh Freight Forwarders Association Khairul Alam etc.

India will invest 10 billion dollars in Bangladesh​

own reporter
Chittagong
Published: 26 August 2023, 13:02

The guests present at the seminar titled Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges.  Today at the World Trade Center auditorium in Agrabad, Chittagong

The guests present at the seminar titled Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges. Today at the World Trade Center auditorium in Agrabad, ChittagongProthom-alo

India will invest about 10 billion dollars (1000 crore dollar) in Bangladesh. The development of two economic zones in Mirsrai and Mongla will further boost India's investment. India currently has three billion dollars investment in Bangladesh.

Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Prannoy Verma gave this information in a seminar at Bangabandhu Auditorium of World Trade Center in Agrabad, Chittagong city on Saturday. The seminar titled 'Development and Communication of Chittagong: Possibilities and Challenges' was organized by private research organization Development Coordination and Bangladesh-India History Heritage Council.

Chairperson of development coordination and former governor Atiur Rahman presided over the seminar.

India's High Commissioner Prannoy Verma said that due to the visionary leadership of the Prime Ministers of the two countries, there have been many changes in the relationship between India and Bangladesh. By improving the communication system between the two countries, we can remove the barriers to our mutual cooperation. About 40 to 50 percent of our bilateral trade is conducted through 36 land ports and customs stations. He hopes to take the border trade infrastructure of the two countries to a state-of-the-art level.

In the seminar, Atiur Rahman said that Chittagong will one day take Bangladesh forward like New York, Singapore or Mumbai in the United States. If Chittagong moves forward, Bangladesh will move forward. For this progress, other elements must work together with the infrastructure development of Chittagong. Then Chittagong will advance not only the regional economy, but also the economy of the surrounding countries.

The former governor of Bangladesh Bank said that it is not enough to do only projects for communication. After the completion of the projects, the communication opportunities that will be created in Chittagong should be seen so that no obstacles are created in them. An institution can be set up for this. If a task force can be set up, it may be through the Port Authority or through the Divisional Commissioner.

Abdullah Nadvi presented the main article in the seminar. Welcome speech was given by Tapas Hor of the History and Heritage Parishad. Chittagong University Vice-Chancellor Shireen Akhtar, Chittagong Port Chairman Rear Admiral Mohammad Sohail, Dhaka University International Relations Department Professor Delwar Hossain, Foreign Trade and Investment Center Director Nurul Kabir, CDA Chairman M Zahirul Alam Dubash, Chittagong City Corporation Former Administrator Khorshed Alam Sujan also spoke. , Vice President of Chittagong Chamber of Commerce and Industry Tarafdar Ruhul Amin, newly elected director of the Chamber Mahfuzul Haque Shah, Anjan Shekhar Dash, Vice President of Bangladesh Freight Forwarders Association Khairul Alam etc.

The Ambassador of India’s main motive is to boost the popularity of the BAL party and Hasina so as this party can win the election.

However, this may alarm the voters in the next election. Only the diehard BAL cronies would welcome Indian investment.

To me the only good thing is the election would be held in the daytime and not in the midnight BAL style. I also can see a CTG coming to to conduct a fair election.

The Ambassador of India’s main motive is to boost the popularity of the BAL party and Hasina so as this party can win the election.

However, this may alarm the voters in the next election. Only the diehard BAL cronies would welcome Indian investment.

To me the only good thing is the election would be held in the daytime and not in the midnight BAL style. I also can see a CTG coming to to conduct a fair election.

There will be no CTG.

Next election will be US style.

Where the party with the lower vote share wins.

Just like Bush 2000 and Trump 2016

We should kick India out from Mirsarai because it is too close to Feni---Bangladesh's chicken neck.

We should kick India out from Mirsarai because it is too close to Feni---Bangladesh's chicken neck.
Feni is no Chicken Neck of BD. Rather, it is Tripura that is another chicken neck for India irrespective of Indian investment proposal in Mirsarai.

Indian NE always face China in its north.

Good to know this.

Atiur Rahman said that Chittagong will one day take Bangladesh forward like New York, Singapore or Mumbai in the United States.

What does this mean? Mumbai in the US?

Feni is no Chicken Neck of BD. Rather, it is Tripura that is another chicken neck for India irrespective of Indian investment proposal in Mirsarai.

Indian NE always face China in its north.
Bangladesh army considers Feni as Bangladesh's chicken neck. I know it from a retired Major General of Bangladesh army.

Bangladesh army considers Feni as Bangladesh's chicken neck. I know it from a retired Major General of Bangladesh army.
Military people do not write Bedbani. Many may not know how vulnerable Tripura and the entire India NE is with its narrow link at the chicken neck.

You have to see the larger picture.

Military people do not write Bedbani. Many may not know how vulnerable Tripura and the entire India NE is with its narrow link at the chicken neck.

You have to see the larger picture.
I am not disputing that the N-E region of India is vulnerable but we also have our own strategic weaknesses.

motive is to boost the popularity of the BAL party and Hasina so as this party can win the election.

Considering how long the Iron Sheikh has ruled Bangladesh is there even a possibility of her losing knowing each government organ is festering with her people?

Lets say she loses, how miraculous would it be those cronies wouldn't destroy any attempt for changing policy?

There will be no CTG.

Next election will be US style.

Where the party with the lower vote share wins.

Just like Bush 2000 and Trump 2016
Anything that throw out the fascist is more than welcome!

Pinaky also said so! He has an excellent analysis regarding feni as chicken neck of Bangladesh!

It seems you follow Pinky's analysis in youtube:-)
Yes I do Bhai! I like another writer name Gautam Das more! Although he is not that famous like Pinaky , but he is more sharp I think!

You will find his writing here , if you are interested!

Yes I do Bhai! I like another writer name Gautam Das more! Although he is not that famous like Pinaky , but he is more sharp I think!

You will find his writing here , if you are interested!

Thank you for Goutam Das's website address. I'll check this out.:-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom