What's new

BBC World News blocked in Pakistan

Would mean more if the order to block BBC came from the Pakistani Government.

We should look up to a country whose 70% of population has no access to toilets and 40% of the population lives in poverty. :lol: What next, we should start looking up to Somalia? :lol:

Good joke. You know sh*t about Pakistan btw, our main problem stem from your WoT. Our economy tripled in the last decade, and will grow at 7-8% once your WoT ends. You probably knew that though, but didn't want to mention.

Either that or you're a bharati. I am guessing you must be a bharati to talk so highly of bharat. No westerner I've come across talks of Bharat that way.

Still India is scored higher in the HDI index of UN and this year Pakistan actually moved a notch lower to LOW HDI from Medium HDI.. There is some merit in what controlled pair is saying imo

I watched BBC at 10:30PM last night, it was working till then, may be it has not been blocked in all the places but some may have blocked the transmissions.

But good job anyway.

Sorry for silly question but is BBC banned only by cable operators ? What about DTH tv sets? Is the banning applied to DTH too?

Blocking the truth in your own country doesnt mean that the whole world will be blind of the truth....there is a saying for this "A cat with closed eyes thinks that world is dark" ....I watched that documentary and it was quite true and had the backings of proofs....If you ask for proof then better watch those documentaries and speak...

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I watched BBC at 10:30PM last night, it was working till then, may be it has not been blocked in all the places but some may have blocked the transmissions.

But good job anyway.
what is the exact ban then???its a government proposal or local cable operators?

BBC is not a saint, but people should put forward their own points of view rather than blocking what they disagree with.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Still India is scored higher in the HDI index of UN and this year Pakistan actually moved a notch lower to LOW HDI from Medium HDI.. There is some merit in what controlled pair is saying imo

No need to compare India with Pakistan, India is suffering from a huge corruption problem.

The 'HDI' is a metric developed by the western world and as a result does not matter.

Taimur,

the ban will be in total effect within next 24 hours if im not mistaken. Inshallah.

good riddance

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Would mean more if the order to block BBC came from the Pakistani Government.

means a lot more actually since Cable Operators (the people who gain the MOST from offering more channels) themselves have called for the boycott --in tandem with the govt. itself through the body that deals with these things ---namely:

http://www.pemra.gov.pk/

did you see the ".gov" part in the link by the way, it's hard to miss! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom