What's new

BBC: Can technology fix India's filth and corruption?

Allowing 6 year old children to work 12 hours a day in brick kilns is also a sign of a corrupt society. Should I upload a BBC documentary on Pakistani children working all day in brick kilns?

Calm down man. Box a punching bag instead. I sincerely hope that none of your patients are Indian, I would hate to think what you might do!
This guy is doctor ? omg

Like wise.. I mean non of our lives revolve around some online forum.. It's good entertainment and apart from trolls a valuable source of information, Best to enjoy constructive discussions with posters from around the world including a significant number of very sensible and knowledgeable Indians here, While arse whooping those other PDF Indians in to reality :D

Indians are, in general, very proud of being Indian, what can I say..Sometimes, they get carried away with the pride, yes...But....I think it is very much admirable that a nation of 1.2 billion, a fifth of the World and the boiling pot of largest diversity in the World, stands as one, patriots..That's something to reckon about, don't you think ? :)

Agree the key is education, More specifically education with civic conscience and deterrents, Humans are creatures of habit, No matter if you spend billions on infrastructure if people don't face serious consequences they wont change their habits

Especially for less developed countries you need this.. Heavy fines on littering and strict policing on the environment have made a huge difference in Sri Lanka over the last five years or so.. Maybe that's something that India could emulate

On the corruption front though there is a long long way to go, It is ingrained in people, And wont be as easy to eradicate

Precisely. I could go on and fill pages, but this is the essence of the matter.

It is a nice grassroots initiative with good intention. A guy in the video said that he can't use internet because he doesn't know English even though he has Internet connection. Question to Indian friends here, how many percent of Internet contents in India is in Hindi? Or Internet is pretty much only for English speaking population in India?

From my personal point of view, it is largely English. I wouldn't have the break up percentages.

From the national point of view, there is no doubt that more nationalisation is needed.

Use the Indian's to release some angst built up over a difficult working day, have a chuckle while munching my chicken laden Sub and thats about it.

Ohh is that it's all about ? Hehe.. things can go very, very wrong, mind you :) :)

Be a good lad now, behave yourself.

Precisely. I could go on and fill pages, but this is the essence of the matter.

From my personal point of view, it is largely English. I wouldn't have the break up percentages.

From the national point of view, there is no doubt that more nationalisation is needed.

So the majority of Indian population are insulated from the Internet because of language barrier? I was surprised to know that Indian's eCommerce is only amounted to China's 4%, considering the number of Indian's internet users is China 1/3-1/2. So as long as you have a smart phone, you are considered an internet user in India, disregard you actually use the internet or not?

Last edited:
So the majority of Indian population are insulated from the Internet because of language barrier? I was surprised to know that Indian's eCommerce is only amounted to China's 4%, considering the number of Indian's internet users is China 1/3-1/2. So as long as you have a smart phone, you are considered an internet user in India, disregard you actually use the internet or not?

I don't have the exact statistics, but the place is turning to digital means too sharply for an older person like me.

First, everything went 'Net-ready. The easiest way to bank became through your laptop (only some offices have desktops); then they started building applications and you had to do all the things covered primarily through those, no longer physically, or on the phone.

Bad enough; worse was to come. Today I can't get a cheap cab, and am being threatened on the groceries booking front (I book about 4000 worth of groceries on the 'Net every month and pay by cash at my doorstep), on trips, on hotels, (cabs are already gone), on trains, on airlines - it is getting truly alarming and I am not saying this for the sake of this post. And now, it's become a mobile thing - without a smartphone, I can't download the app; without the app, I can't avail of the service. This is truly a worry.

I don't know what percentages we are talking about.

Indians are, in general, very proud of being Indian, what can I say..Sometimes, they get carried away with the pride, yes...But....I think it is very much admirable that a nation of 1.2 billion, a fifth of the World and the boiling pot of largest diversity in the World, stands as one, patriots..That's something to reckon about, don't you think ? :)

Hmmm.. Yes agree in part mate.. Admirable that such a huge diverse post colonial country has such a strong uniting identity, The architects of the Indian constitution need to be thanked for that, But it's also over generalization, Indian posters in a Pakistani defense forum cannot be a microcosm of wider Indian society, Neither should it be for any other country but it's no wonder Indian poster here tend to be more than jingoistic for that very reason :D

If 1.2 billion Indians has the same levels of patriotism i dont think it will have to deal with over a dozen separatist movements within it's borders, Some overtly militant others simmering just under the surface.. But then again that's a discussion for a another thread

I think generalizing is one of the main contention points for a good discussion to go haywire.. It's irritable sometimes when social ills of a particular country is often generalized in to the whole region, just to divert the focus on it

Last edited:

Yes, China is ahead in e-commerce, but with Modi-ji in power, India will quickly surpass China in all fronts. India will become a superpower by 2020!

Admirable as that is but I think India needs to also address the "humans as beast" problem. In 2015 women and men should not be used as donkey or draught animals. This is a moral question and is blight on humanity in 2015.

hqdefault.jpg

Man as Beast - India
Oh come on.. as if there are no rickshaw pullers in Pakistan... and for that matter in other developed countries....

Oh come on.. as if there are no rickshaw pullers in Pakistan... and for that matter in other developed countries....

Actually no.. Except in India and Bangladesh.. They do not exist anywhere else, Unless as tourist excursions and in theme parks in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong etc

india shithole of world. needs 40 nukes 4 every city 2 wipe out human cockroaches 4 mankind

I find it difficult that india can ever be a clean nation as filth is part of their culture and ideology.

Just imagine people who actually drinks cow piss considering it sacred they are beyond any help.

India makes cola from cow urine - Telegraph
Hindu worshippers drink cow URINE in India to help prevent cancer - Mirror Online

India's river of filth, East Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

what I heard is most of india is not having clean drinking water and they use cow piss as an alternative. I feel like vomiting just writing it . Imagine the smell n all.

Filthy India – not for sensitive viewers! (47 pictures) | memolition

Cow urine has been scientifically proven to be healthy and nutritious since Vedic times. It's part of India's soft power.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom