What's new

BBC: Can technology fix India's filth and corruption?

No, its not just about tourists. You visit Tokyo, you will see many of them. Probably the city has grew up and out. But, the pointer here, is they do exist. There could have been candy sellers or other souvenir shops. Why the rickshaw ? Can you see them in Finland ? or Brazil ? Why in Japan ? Let's have a proper answer to that first.

Hence, I later edited my previous post, asking again, "are you aware of the connection between Tokyo and Kolkata, so far as rickshaws are concerned ? Or can you spot a rickshaw in, say, Bangalore ? Or Hyderabad ? No.. Guess why not ?"

Sorry, you won't see rikshaws anywhere in Tokyo. Rikshaws are only seen in very traditional and touristy places in East Asia and they are exceptionally expensive. I had to pay 10 euro just to take a picture with a rikshaw in Hong Kong.

Here in my city, rikshaws have been introduced as a tourist attraction just a few years ago and it costs 36 euro/ hour (mon-thu) and 48 euro/ hour (fri-sun) to hire them. They are only allowed within the city centre. The rikshaw drivers are mostly young university students who want to earn a few euros during summer semester vacation.

Sorry, you won't see rikshaws anywhere in Tokyo. Rikshaws are only seen in very traditional and touristy places in East Asia and they are exceptionally expensive. I had to pay 10 euro just to take a picture with a rikshaw in Hong Kong.

Here in my city, rikshaws have been introduced as a tourist attraction just a few years ago and it costs 36 euro/ hour (mon-thu) and 48 euro/ hour (fri-sun) to hire them. They are only allowed within the city centre. The rikshaw drivers are mostly young university students who want to earn a few euros during summer semester vacation.
It's okay my friend. I understand what you are talking about.
You don't fully understand that historical context here. Some professions are localized to a particular region. Yeah ?
It's just that. You will not find rickshaws in the city of Trivandrum, for instance. What does that tell us ?

This is a very interesting watch. I'm very encouraged that India is applying advanced technologies to solve these social problems. These efforts are commendable. I'm confident that Modi-ji's 'Clean India' campaign will transform India into a sanitation superpower by 2020!

India is busy at work trying to uncover the advanced technologies in the Vedas. With Vedic fusion power, Vedic teleportation, Vedic gravity manipulation, Vedic genetic engineering, and Vedic plastic surgery, all filth and corruption can be overcome by 2020. I have no doubt that under Modi-ji's brilliant leadership, India will become a superpower by 2020!

Back
Top Bottom