What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UKBengali
@Armchair
Or any other Bengali members
Is that correct?

I've no idea. I've never heard any of them before. Could be something different communities of Bangladeshis say in the UK.

I once was playing football in Islamabad, next to the Supermarket, when two guys from opposing teams started swearing at each other and fighting. At one point, one guy went:
"tu bangali hei"
The other replied "nehi tu bangali hei"

and I was like, wait a minute, I am bengali, wtf.

I disagree, Pajeet might be of low quality(but thats only because I am not learned enough), but Gangu nopes. It has historical, geographical and cultural connotations.

'Gangu' might well be less egregious sounding, but it's still empty rhetoric used in an insulting or demeaning way. It contributes nothing to the forum except making the place a little bit more hostile. Take the equivalent slurs I've seen of Pakistanis on Indian forums, if they had moderated their forums to be less hostile, I might have stuck around and debated with a few of the knowledgeable members there. Instead I remember leaving them in disgust because of the hostile atmosphere, that's the last thing we want in PDF.

Do you agree with following to be also banned -

• Westoxified
  • Libtards
@AgNoStiC MuSliM Please read above. And if you ban gang*desh do you also intend to ban

• porkistan
Absolute Yes on Porkistan. I am surprised that hasn't come up before.

Westoxified - you'll have to explain.

Libtards, Liberandus ... I was thinking about that earlier (I've used those words as well).
Afghandus ... (another word I'm guilty of having used)

On the political side, we have Youthias & Patwaris - the interesting thing there is that Pakistani liberals, who typically are the first ones to start jumping up and down over some perceived derogatory reference, have played a major role in popularizing the word Youthia as a derogatory reference to PTI supporters.

The fact that slurs targeted towards Pakistanis (P@ki, Porki, Porkistan) are not included in here says a lot about where this forum is headed. @Blacklight

They should be stated, but I can assure you. We in management have never let them slide. I am 100% certain that any time me or other mod came across those slurs, they were removed and action against member was taken too.

I think OP hasn't mentioned them because they are already strictly banned by default, but adding them to the list might be pertinent to assuage you of any concerns. @AgNoStiC MuSliM

I've no idea. I've never heard any of them before. Could be something different communities of Bangladeshis say in the UK.

I once was playing football in Islamabad, next to the Supermarket, when two guys from opposing teams started swearing at each other and fighting. At one point, one guy went:
"tu bangali hei"
The other replied "nehi tu bangali hei"

and I was like, wait a minute, I am bengali, wtf.
:lol::lol::lol:

Absolute Yes on Porkistan. I am surprised that hasn't come up before.

Westoxified - you'll have to explain.

Libtards, Liberandus ... I was thinking about that earlier (I've used those words as well).
Afghandus ... (another word I'm guilty of having used)

On the political side, we have Youthias & Patwaris - the interesting thing there is that Pakistani liberals, who typically are the first ones to start jumping up and down over some perceived derogatory reference, have played a major role in popularizing the word Youthia as a derogatory reference to PTI supporters.

Oooh! That word 'youthia' is RHR's favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom