What's new

Bangladeshi man arrested for plotting to blow up Federal Reserve Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all these drama was done for months??? Should not he be arrested right away!! Plotting to detonate bomb is a big offence and he was trying to blow up an important place like FRB... and why the FBI operative tried to convince him that Al Qaeda operatives want to use remote control bomb???

most probably for want of evidence.....if they caught him then he could just escape prison by claiming that he was only joking around......so the FBI had to make this effort so that he cannot escape prison

There is some truth to that someone smarter would not get caught like this, but all terrorists are dumb idiots in my opinion.

I do not feel much sympathy for the mother or his family, sorry to say it. I am more curious about his upbringing to find out what made him like this:

- his family upbringing
- mosque he went to (he does not sound like a mosque going guy, but I could be wrong, likes Eminem?)
- his English medium school, was it one of those Arabic leaning schools in Gulshan
- his academic records
- his basic intelligence, IQ etc.

Kalu Bahi I understand what U are trying to say but U should know, BD mosque don't preach stuff like bomb blasts. seriously. I don't know how U expatriate think bro, but seriously , people are now getting more and more aware about ISLAM and getting more religiously knowledgeable specially after channels like peace TV, diganta and others. There is a channel called peace TV bangla now and also programmes like Shorol path that helps dispel lots of misconceptions (both secular and kot mullah misconseptions). As for that arabic school part I don't how a person like U reached that conclusion? There are very good arabic English medium schools that offers quality education now and most Gulshan , banani english medium schools are no where near anything remotely islamic. And do U believe that someone can so easily park a van loaded with explosives near US federal reserve? Does that even make sense?

How about deporting him to Bangladesh?? He is no threat here!! from his facebook page, it seems like he is a common Bangladeshi boy, someone took advantage of his sentiment.

How about deporting him to Bangladesh?? He is no threat here!! from his facebook page, it seems like he is a common Bangladeshi boy, someone took advantage of his sentiment.

don't be sarcastic bro. Americans don't even allow their own people to be tried in foreign lands for even the most heinous crimes they commit. And U are talking about a guy accused of trying to bomb US federal reserve.

Why are people jumping into conclusions. This may very well be a set up by US to accomplish some of their agendas here, not to forget the recent unexpected surge in propaganda of "extremism" in BD.

Lufty, that's not a good news for BD then. I remember a few months ago you guys were planning to have a US base to counter or rather encircle India. :girl_wacko:

Oh great. Now I can't tell people I'm a Bangladeshi anymore. Dude needs to be deported to BD and executed BD style, like his fellow JMBers. :)

Exactly. You won't be terrorized properly when you come here. So please, take Bangladesh off from your signature and make it a 100% India trip. :P

Bro, most people can't find Bangladesh on map.

Bangladesh sounds like an exotic fruit or a dish.

Lufty, that's not a good news for BD then. I remember a few months ago you guys were planning to have a US base to counter or rather encircle India. :girl_wacko:

All I am saying is not to jump into conclusions as some of the BD members here are doing. Its not like americans are some form of angelic saints. If a 21 year old guy can park van full of explosives near US federal reserve, then I would say americans are most incompetent lunatics on earth given the amount of money and surveillance capability they have.

Btw U lots are very happy aren't U?

All I am saying is not to jump into conclusions as some of the BD members here are doing. Its not like americans are some form of angelic saints. If a 21 year old guy can park van full of explosives near US federal reserve, then I would say americans are most incompetent lunatics on earth given the amount of money and surveillance capability they have.

Btw U lots are very happy aren't U?

You do realize that it was a trap?

Happy? Of course. One less religious lunatic on a holy war in the streets.

Bro, most people can't find Bangladesh on map.

Bangladesh sounds like an exotic fruit or a dish.

Irony abounds when an Indian thanks a pakistani post regarding BD. Anyway You are a secular xenophobic pakistani naturally liked by Indians if I am not wrong.

How can you so sure that he is deliberately lying? Without any evidence, lets give him the benefit of doubt. My feeling is that he is simply mistaken and not up to date.

I wondered about your signature, I did a google search and it came up, pretty bad recording from TV in youtube, but that solved the mystery. :)

Thank you for your understanding. Don't worry, I never even read his posts. He was banned in BDmilitary forum because he lacks the basics of carrying out decent discussion without getting enraged. I have no time to worry about what he has said.

You do realize that it was a trap?

Happy? Of course. One less religious lunatic on a holly war in the streets.

Don't you see many of these mullah guys are trying to troll and take our concentration to non-important things? Read their other posts. These guys are asking how it is possible for ONLY one man to carry a 1000lb explosive by himself? Now, another is asking us to answer a laughable question how on earth this 21 year can be near a Federal Reserve Bank in the first place. I ask him please answer how it was possible? Lunatic mullahs here have read the entire news, they know the answer but are disorienting this thread so that the entire incident can be made off topic. These guys have the same criminal minds as that of the 21 year moron in the US.

Whats the next defence, that the explosives were not real and he did not mean it?

I gotta say, some terrorism apologists act seriously dumb - but always on purpose. Their soft spot for their busted brothers clearly evident.

The Nafis the world met Wednesday is unlike the Nafis who enrolled for the spring semester at Southeast Missouri State University, according to people who knew him for the short time he spent there. That Nafis, they recalled, was a devout Muslim who gave himself to prayer and charity.

Fellow students said that in his short time at the school he became vice president of the Muslim Student Association.
Terror18N_9
After he packed a van like this one with fake explosives, Quazi Nafis was arrested, his Queens home was raided and cops hauled out boxes of evidence.

“He taught me to be a better Muslim,” student Dion Duncan, 21, told The News, adding that Nafis also did charity work and collected backpacks for underprivileged kids.

“He prayed five times a day,” Duncan said. “Sometimes he would stay later to pray. He was very strict in his religion. I had no idea he would do something like this.”

School spokeswoman Ann Hayes said Nafis dropped out and later requested that his records be transferred to another institution, which she refused to identify.

While attending Southeast Missouri, Nafis pursued a degree in cybersecurity, Hayes said. She also said that when his records were transferred, the university followed federal Homeland Security protocol dealing with the movements of foreign students.

“I’d see him in a group. He used to greet you when he passed by,” said Syed Saqib Hussain, an engineering student at the Cape Girardeau, Mo., college. “He was a normal guy.”

Mushfiqur Rahman, a sophomore at the school, said he spoke to Nafis several times, but mostly about religion.

“We chitchatted about the Islamic religion,” Rahman said. “He said he was very passionate about the Islamic religion in a positive way. He kept to himself and was very reserved.”
terror18n_4
Anthony Lanzilote for the New York Daily News
Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis' apartment in Queens.

Nafis also attended the Islamic Center in Cape Girardeau, where members expressed shock and outrage over his alleged mass murder plan.

“Our religion teaches us mercy for all mankind,” said Moussa Wadi, 52. “I don’t think killing is mercy for mankind.”

A source told The News that Nafis had recently enrolled in an undisclosed vocational school in New York.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz29epqreSY

Don't you see many of these mullah guys are trying to troll and take our concentration to non-important things? Read their other posts. These guys are asking how it is possible for ONLY one man to carry a 1000lb explosive by himself? Now, another is asking us to answer a laughable question how on earth this 21 year can be near a Federal Reserve Bank in the first place. I ask him please answer how it was possible? Lunatic mullahs here have read the entire news, they know the answer but are disorienting this thread so that the entire incident can be made off topic. These guys have the same criminal minds as that of the 21 year moron in the US.

Really deep bro...for someone who believes western media so naively.Even the westerns are well aware of the bullshits, the media tells.Except the ignorant ones ofcourse. And they start calling muslims brainwashed. Anyway, don't get scared now, i won't bomb any federal reserve, its destroying US itself :lol:

Ok his identity has been found... at last...

Bangladeshi accused of US plot a college dropout
AFP | Oct 18, 2012, 02.36PM IST

Bangladeshi accused of US plot a college dropout - The Times of India

DHAKA: A young Bangladeshi man accused of plotting to blow up the New York Federal Reserve is a bank manager's son who dropped out of the country's most liberal university before moving to the United States.

Authorities in New York allege that Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis travelled to the US with "the purpose of conducting a terrorist attack" and actively sought out al-Qaida contacts after his arrival.

But the family of the 21-year-old insist he had never displayed any radical tendencies but was rather a devout Muslim whose arrest had come as a deep shock.

"We're stunned. Nafis is not a radical type. He says prayers five times a day, and reads the holy Quran and Hadith every day. I have never seen him reading any books on jihad," his father Quazi Mohammad Ahsanullah told AFP on Thursday.

"We don't believe that he can have committed this... He is our pride and joy."

Nafis's extended family lives in North Jatrabari, an upper middle-class neighbourhood of southeastern Dhaka. His father is a senior vice president of National Bank and his sister is a doctor.

Speaking to AFP from the family home on Thursday, Nafis's brother-in-law Arik said they had spoken to him only hours before his arrest and even discussed a possible bride for him.

"We heard the news this morning. Everyone is crying here," said Arik. "Nafis never showed any form of radicalisation when he was in Bangladesh."

Nafis had been an unexceptional high school student but managed to get a place as an undergraduate at North South University, a private university known for being the country's most liberal centre of learning as well as its most expensive.

Bangladesh is an overwhelmingly Muslim and conservative country, but North South stands out as a place where upper-class male and female students can mingle freely on campus, usually dressed in designer Western clothing.

University officials said that Nafis had struggled during his eight semesters as an electrical engineering and telecommunications student and had been effectively forced to leave after disappointing exam results.

"He obtained one of the lowest exam point scores in December last year. He had already been under probation for three semesters," said Belal Ahmed, a spokesman at the university.

His family and Nafis's own Facebook page show that he then moved to the United States where he initially took up a place at Missouri Southern State University.

"We were afraid that he would be spoiled after going to America, but he told us that he remained a devout Muslim," said Ahsanullah.

"He completed only one semester at Missouri Southern University. But it was too costly. He went to New York and then took a job at a hotel."

Nafis has allegedly written a statement claiming responsibility for his planned attack in which he said he wanted to "destroy America" and referred to slain al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden as "beloved."

He has been charged with trying to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to support al-Qaida. Federal prosecutors office say he "attempted to recruit individuals to form a terrorist cell inside the United States".

But according to his father, Nafis's main concern was trying to scrape together a living to afford to pay for a computer science course and for the rent on a property he was sharing with a relative in the Queens district.

"He used to work 10 hours a day at the hotel," said Ahsanullah.
WoW,at last my university gone international.All hail NSU which for the last couple of years has become a paradise for loosers.:sick:
Now for bragging purpose,all it has is beautiful girls and a shiny campus.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom