What's new

Bangladeshi Flag

Muslims follow the Lunar calendar that's why we have the Moon on our flags. What do you look for when starting Ramadan? The Moon. What do you look for when celebrating Eid? The Moon.

Also the Crescent moon and star was the symbol for the Ottoman Empire.

Green was Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) favorite color that's why many Muslim countries have green flags.

Green and white colors have purity. Some people say when you do istikhara and see green and white in your dream it is a good thing, and if you see black its a bad thing.

1.National anthem, the constitution, the national emblems, the flag, etc were selected by a victorious people in the mood they were in after the War of Liberation. When conditions change and people feel differently these may also be changed. BD is a nation of Bengalee Muslims.

2.As a child in school we used to sing the first national anthem of Pakistan. The anthem was in easy Bangla and Urdu. Bringing in a Persianized anthem which was not understood by any Bengalee (ie, 54% of Pakistanis) and few West Pakistanis might have been one of the first misjudgments of Pak leaders of the time.

Muslims follow the Lunar calendar that's why we have the Moon on our flags. What do you look for when starting Ramadan? The Moon. What do you look for when celebrating Eid? The Moon....
So you're the representative of all Muslims? Or a scholar of the Islamic tradition? I think neither, so better temper your blanket statement with 'in my view' or 'I think' or something to the effect.

We look at the Sun's effects much much more often (5x a day for worship timings) than for the beginning of a month (1x a month), so by your logic we should have the Sun on the flag. You don't speak for the rest of us, please speak for yourself.

Bangladesh has a gaudy flag. Red and green are complimentary colors. When you have equal amounts of opposite colors, it strains your eye.

color-wheel-300.gif

Green Color defines Fertile land of Bangladesh and red Sun defines the blood of revolution of 1971. Simple design lots of meaning.

Well, Shahada on Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan is not great idea. Let me give you example picture. How it is insulting to Shahada names

What's your problem man? Get a life, seriously.
Lame meaningless comment. If it was a guy wearing it you wouldnt have minded, you only have a problem because it's Miss Saudi

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

1.National anthem, the constitution, the national emblems, the flag, etc were selected by a victorious people in the mood they were in after the War of Liberation. When conditions change and people feel differently these may also be changed. BD is a nation of Bengalee Muslims.

2.As a child in school we used to sing the first national anthem of Pakistan. The anthem was in easy Bangla and Urdu. Bringing in a Persianized anthem which was not understood by any Bengalee (ie, 54% of Pakistanis) and few West Pakistanis might have been one of the first misjudgments of Pak leaders of the time.

We're proud of our anthem, it's hard for many Pakistanis too, but we get it and love it.
Also, we sing the UAE anthem everyday, it's in arabic, i dont understand **** but still memorized it easily enuf

we do not care who wrote it :) that song is still true :)
yes true for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh..they were one when this song was written :)

It wrote by national poet of Pakistan(Dr allama Iqbal) who was in favour of two-nation theory :P :D

Religion has nothing to do with our flag, nor secularism.
It was drawn on the context of time and scenario back then.
Green represents our lush green fields over which the sun rises.
I’ll leave out the blood part because when it was drawn, there
was no war.

In the early flag where the map of Bangladesh used to be located
In yellow Depicted “Amar Shonar Bangla”. Later on removed due
to difficulty in maintaining proprtions.

yes true for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh..they were one when this song was written :)

It wrote by national poet of Pakistan(Dr allama Iqbal) who was in favour of two-nation theory :P :D

i very well know who wrote this poem and his ideas of two nation theories....after looking at pakistan's condition since its independence i strongly believe in this song :)

I know this is a stupid thread. Secularist people may find it hilarious.

I love our Green And Red Flag. But It lacks a vital sign of our identity. Moon and Star.

Most of the Muslim countries have stars and moon/Islamic sign on their flag......

I know our flag was designed by a Hindu "Shib Narayan Das" ........ So its normal that he intentionally avoided moon or star and designed a sun.

I just want to know opinion of BD members.... what do you think????? :undecided:

this was designed by Shib Narayan Das.

800px-Flag_of_Bangladesh_%281971%29.svg.png

Bangladesh=Hindu head+weak faith Muslims body.

We can not revive our Islamic heritage so long we preserve present flag, national anthem, and devnagari script along with Tagore and other Hindu writer's litterateurs.

I for one would like Bangladeshis to compose their own national anthem. Its a disgrace that a philosopher and thinker like Tagore is associated with a narrow minded society like Bangladesh.

Bangladesh=Hindu head+weak faith Muslims body.

We can not revive our Islamic heritage so long we preserve present flag, national anthem, and devnagari script along with Tagore and other Hindu writer's litterateurs.

can there be no end to such pearls of wisdom...:rofl:

both bro, waiting for appropriate time.........

And while you're on it you might as well change the script you write in, the language you speak, Bengali names, Bengali women wearing sarees and bindi, your cuisine, rename your cities/country. :)

This is the ONLY way that would stop reminding you of your Hindu/Buddhist ancestors. :)

Back
Top Bottom