What's new

Bangladeshi Flag

It wrote by national poet of Pakistan(Dr allama Iqbal) who was in favour of two-nation theory :P :D

NOT TRUE! I know that's what your textbook says but not true. :)

"The principle of European democracy cannot be applied to India without recognising the fact of communal groups. The Muslim demand for the creation of a Muslim India within India is, therefore, perfectly justified. The resolution of the All-Parties Muslim Conference at Delhi is, to my mind, wholly inspired by this noble ideal of a harmonious whole which, instead of stifling the respective individualities of its component wholes, affords them chances of fully working out the possibilities that may be latent in them. And I have no doubt that this House will emphatically endorse the Muslim demands embodied in this resolution.
Hindus should not fear that the creation of autonomous Muslim states will mean the introduction of a kind of religious rule in such states. I have already indicated to you the meaning of the word religion, as applied to Islam. The truth is that Islam is not a Church.
For India, it means security and peace resulting from an internal balance of power; for Islam, an opportunity to rid itself of the stamp that Arabian Imperialism was forced to give it, to mobilise its law, its education, its culture, and to bring them into closer contact with its own original spirit and with the spirit of modern times."

That was the actual Allahabad Address. :) Allahabad Address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems the pakistani syndrome of blame the Hindus is catching up to bdians as well.
An interesting fact, first pakistani anthem was composed by a Hindu on request of Jinnah, which was later replaced by the current persian one. I guess their reason was also the same. :lol:

There is no evidence to this story, it's just a stupid Indian journalist who took the words of this Indian lunatic at face value. And then you took his story at face value. Lol, Indians attempting to get a little famous off of Pakistan. Oh, how they admire us sometimes!

:lol:

The present flag and anthem is fine. At that time bangladesh is fighting for independence, not for islamic ideals. You also need to remember there was a large percentage of minorities at that time. In order to unite everyone under the same banner, the designer had to design something that is not religious.

This flag and song brings about the spirit, freedom and sovereignty of bangali people, changing them will change all these ideals

What's your problem man? Get a life, seriously.
Lame meaningless comment. If it was a guy wearing it you wouldnt have minded, you only have a problem because it's Miss Saudi

I don't know what make you angry. Come on, have you seen many Saudi misuing their Shahada flags, do you think Saudis will look up at the flags to respect Allah or drink party/gamble/Wahabassim activities???

It would be safe to remove Shahada for something else in neutral flags.

That's the dumbest comment I've seen on this thread.

No, it is not. I guess today. Many Muslims willing to misuse their religions for benefits. Iraq says "Allah Akhar", Iran says "Allah", Saudi Arabia says "There is no other god but Allah only" Shahada, Miss Saudis or non-Muslims on their body and legs, and other countries use stupid flags (black, red, white, green). Ironically, they hate their Muslim neighbors as enemy.

Afghanistan with Shahada names, it is using Talibans and terrorists acitivities to attack brothers and sisters.

Despite the Iraq flag "Allah Akbar", do you think Allah will protect them from aggressor attack (US)? That's what they think.

Our respected senior Al-zakir explained "Bangladesh= Hindu head + weak faith Muslims body" So you have Hindu head (red) in your avatar example, lol. :enjoy:

NOT TRUE! I know that's what your textbook says but not true. :)

What is not true? :blink:

according to your link of Allahbad address

Here he presented the idea of a separate homeland for Indian Muslims which was ultimately realised in the form of Pakistan.

"I would like to see the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Sind and Baluchistan amalgamated into a single State. Self-government within the British Empire, or without the British Empire, the formation of a consolidated North-West Indian Muslim State appears to me to be the final destiny of the Muslims, at least of North-West India.

after looking at pakistan's condition since its independence i strongly believe in this song :)

Pakistani Muslims are very happy in Pakistan irrespective of how indians feel about conditions of Pakistan :P

Let me remeind you again Iqbal wrote that poem for peoples of Pakistan, india, bangldesh. You assume that he only mean India when he said sare jahan se acha Hindustan haha

^Hindusthan at that time meant North India, one of the reason Nehru and Patel choose India and Bharat as official names of Republic of India.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

There is no evidence to this story, it's just a stupid Indian journalist who took the words of this Indian lunatic at face value. And then you took his story at face value. Lol, Indians attempting to get a little famous off of Pakistan. Oh, how they admire us sometimes!

:lol:

Are you an idiot? He was a Pakistani Hindu, why would I feel proud of him? I do feel proud of Tagore whose songs have been adopted as national anthem of India and BD and influenced that of Sri Lanka.

^Hindusthan at that time meant North India, one of the reason Nehru and Patel choose India and Bharat as official names of Republic of India.

Hindustan (Hindi: हिन्दुस्तान, Urdu: ہندوستان, both Hindustān [ɦɪnd̪ʊˈst̪aːn]) or Indostan, literally "Land of Sindhu (River Indus)" or "Land of Hindus", is a popular name for the Indian subcontinent.[1] Though the meaning of Hindustan has evolved over the years, since the partition of India it primarily refers to the Republic of India

Hindustan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saare Jahan Se Achchha (Urdu:سارے جہاں سے اچھا, Hindi:सारे जहां से अच्छा), formal name: Tarana-e-Hindi (Urdu: ترانۂ ہندی "Anthem of the People of Hindustan"), is one of the enduring patriotic poems of the Urdu language. Written originally for children in the ghazal style of Urdu poetry by Pakistani poet Muhammad Iqbal also known as Allama Iqbal, the poem was published in the weekly journal Ittehad on 16 August 1904.[1] Recited by Iqbal the following year at Government College, Lahore, now in Pakistan, it quickly became an anthem of opposition to the British rule in India. The song, an ode to Hindustan—the land comprising present-day Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan—both celebrated and cherished the land even as it lamented its age-old anguish. As Tarana-e-Hindi, it was later published in 1924 in the Urdu book Bang-i-Dara.
Iqbal was a lecturer at the Government College, Lahore at that time, and was invited by student Lala Har Dayal to preside over a function. Instead of delivering a speech, Iqbal sang Saare Jahan Se Achcha.
Saare Jahan Se Achcha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its amazing when you guys assume he wrote this only for India haha

^you do understand that in iqbal's time north India was also stretched to present Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom