What's new

Bangladesh will buy 5 warships from Britain.

monitor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
IMG_20211105_182608.jpg

Queue RULE BRITANIA, BRITANIA RULES THE WAVES, WE SHALL NEVER NEVER BE SLAVES!

The only thing real about this is they’ve been contracted for feasibility study on a second dock in CDDL
wait aren't the dutch modernising CDDL ? Gov wants a new shipyard ? as far as i know, the requirement was for 6 frigates not 5. Are these corvettes or frigates ? also what kind air defence will they have ? Aster-15 ? Sea-ceptor ? i have so many questions.

Most probably fake news...
foreign minister said it , not some defence blogger so it must be true.

looks like EFT wont win the MRCA , RAPHAEL might be the winner 😭
@Destranator BN might get its frigates before BAF gets MRCA.

wait aren't the dutch modernising CDDL ? Gov wants a new shipyard ? as far as i know, the requirement was for 6 frigates not 5. Are these corvettes or frigates ? also what kind air defence will they have ? Aster-15 ? Sea-ceptor ? i have so many questions.
I’m not sure if the ship procurement news is correct. But I did hear that the British will do feasibility study for a second dry dock on CDDL

foreign minister said it , not some defence blogger so it must be true.

looks like EFT wont win the MRCA , RAPHAEL might be the winner 😭
@Destranator BN might get its frigates before BAF gets MRCA.
1. How do you know Momen actually said so?
2. Just because Hasina visited France we are concluding with Rafales now?
3. BAF fcukers need more training.

1. How do you know Momen actually said so?

যুক্তরাজ্য থেকে পাঁচটি যুদ্ধজাহাজ কিনবে বাংলাদেশ (banglatribune.com)

2. Just because Hasina visited France we are concluding with Rafales now?

my thoughts : the brits made an open open proposal for EFT and got no response. BD might want to get something from france since they play an active role in the EU (might help us in securing trade deals with them). My guess is as good as yours and we'll have wait (until 31 december 2029)

Most probably fake news...

I am liable to believe that. Look at the pictures posted. Three different ships - none similar.

I will wait until I see actual proof of Brit naval experts sitting down with our Navy people and negotiating.

Talking with British Naval Yards is pointless, the ships will cost three times that of Turkish or Chinese yards and ToT will probably be at least twice as expensive compared to Turkey or China, pardon me being "Captain Obvious" here.

Look at this recent design by DearSan which is one of the largest yards in Turkey, now this is world class and very modern. Thanks @Zarvan Bhai. A little smaller than our modified 056 class corvettes but design is no slacker for sure. I am sure they could scale up the design to frigate level and arm the design to the teeth...

Last edited:

যুক্তরাজ্য থেকে পাঁচটি যুদ্ধজাহাজ কিনবে বাংলাদেশ (banglatribune.com)

my thoughts : the brits made an open open proposal for EFT and got no response. BD might want to get something from france since they play an active role in the EU (might help us in securing trade deals with them). My guess is as good as yours and we'll have wait (until 31 december 2029)
1. Even if this is true, we don't know what type of vessels. Our journalists call all navy vessels "warships".

2. I don't think the govt will just hand over billions of dollars to and create long term military dependency on France just for the sake of maintaining good relations.
While I am not even in favour of procuring twin engine fighters before building BAF's backbone and numbers with enough 4++gen single engine fighters, if BAF wants to buy prestige jets first EFT is a no-brainer.
The only reason why India chose Rafales over EFT's is that France would not care if India integrates nukes to Rafales.

Bangladesh to buy five warships from UK: FM
Rtv news
| 05 Nov 2021, 23:33

sharethis sharing button
Bangladesh to buy five warships from UK: FM

File photo

Foreign Minister Dr. A K Abdul Momen said, Bangladesh is going to buy five warships from United Kingdom.

He delivered the information through a virtual press conference on Friday. Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen and Bangladesh Ambassador to UK Syeda Mona Tasneem were present at the press conference.

The Foreign Minister said, UK wants to send some ships from its naval forces. Though the decision would be taken later, but we have decided in principle that we will procure five ships. Of those three will be made in UK and the rest two will be made in Bangladesh.

While speaking about the meeting of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her counterpart Boris Johnson the foreign minister said, discussions were held on different matters. Next year the golden jubilee of diplomatic relations between Bangladesh and UK will be celebrated jointly. Discussion was also held to bring back the convicted criminals residing in UK. We have said that criminals and killers have to be sent back to establish rule of law.

https://www.rtvonline.com/english/b...-Hasina-among-five-influential-dealmakers-BBC

And this is how it starts.

a. Bangladesh ears FOREX
b. Bangladesh buys Warships
c. Forex returns back to Bank of England
d. Maintenance services provide a continued line of revenue.

We have made all the mistakes and are learning from them... hope bangladesh does better.

And this is how it starts.

a. Bangladesh ears FOREX
b. Bangladesh buys Warships
c. Forex returns back to Bank of England
d. Maintenance services provide a continued line of revenue.

We have made all the mistakes and are learning from them... hope bangladesh does better.
There are plans afoot to build all required types of naval vessels locally. Until such capabilities are attained, imports must continue to maintain and improve operational readiness.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom