What's new

Bangladesh will be the nuclear country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any attempt to acquiring nukes by Bangladesh will ended up in IAF dropping bomb on the Nuke plants and military installations...
:shout:

No troll it's a fact we can't afford to have another irresponsible neighbor armed with nukes... And Please don't call me 'Hindutva Brigade' because every Indian is not a Hindu and every Muslim does not belong to Bangladesh and Pakistan only...:fie:

No rail link between india n BD...lol

Not only there is a rail link but there's also Maitri Express operating between Kolkata and Dhaka for quite a time now!

I think this can be done following USA and Canada's example.....both sides should work on closing the borders but they will have transit points frequently.....everyone has to have a form of I.D if not a passport and they will have to submit it to the border authorities when they cross....Bangladeshis will submit to BSF and Indians will submit to BGB!!

As time progress, Markets will start integrating, and borders will get blurred. USA and Canada example is a good one. Your suggestion could totally eliminate the problem of illegal immigration, as people will not find a reason to do so

Never underestimate the people of Bengal, be it Bengalis or Bangladeshis. Historically speaking, some of the greatest minds of the region has come off from this side which incudes Amarta Sen, Bose, Tagore, etc. Offcourse, at the moment, we are still growing and taking care of the needy, but for a country which depended on 95% foreign aid less than 15 years ago to become were we are now (I think less than 5%) is remarkable in any standard and while some indians can enjoy their arrogance and temporary look down on Bangladesh, it does not mean it will remain so in the future. Before you point your finger at our poor and laugh, just remember what you were not too long ago.
Secondly, going nuclear now is not of Bangladesh's interest, but given the uncertain future in the region and India's arrogant, inhumane policies when dealing with Bangladeshis, we need to keep the option of developing one as fast as possible if it is ever needed.
Every nuclear war related issue comes from few incidences which took place in matter of small years, call it Kashmir issue or even the Israel palestine issue.

:cheesy: Now suddenly those Hindu baniya terrorists are Bangladeshis :hitwall: Those are Indian my friend, proud Indian Bengalis.

Any attempt to acquiring nukes by Bangladesh will ended up in IAF dropping bomb on the Nuke plants and military installations...
:shout:

No troll it's a fact we can't afford to have another irresponsible neighbor armed with nukes... And Please don't call me 'Hindutva Brigade' because every Indian is not a Hindu and every Muslim does not belong to Bangladesh and Pakistan only...:fie:

If BD decides to go for a nuclear bomb there is no way that India will be able to "drop" a bomb on the nuclear installations as you can be sure that BD will by then have an excellent air-force/air-defence by then.

The earliest we are looking at is the late 2020s when a DECISION could be made to develop a nuclear bomb.

Little India could do as BD would be protected by at least 2-300 4th/5th gen fighters and modern SAMs. Only option for India would be a full-scale war and that could possibly lead to a total disintegration of the Indian state.

Remember India could do nothing to Pakistan when it developed it's bomb and there is nothing that you will be able to do to BD.

Priyanka Bhardwaj is an independent journalist and risk analyst based in Gurgaon/New Delhi, India.

There is a why the Indian judge said 90% of Indians are idiots. And to think that she is a journalist. :lol:

@Loki thumps up for opening such an epic thread. :tup:

ON TOPIC: We are a country where the russians will supply the technical man power to run the power plant for 10/20 years. Mastering the nuclear fuel cycle, setting independent enrichment facilities, manufacturing research scale reactors , all of these will require 2 decades. It will also require a strong manufacturing capability and missile manufacturing know-how. Can't believe people are saying it can be made within 5 years.:hitwall: Also consider the fact that the civilian reactors will be under IAEA monitoring and our uranium enrichment activity will be under IAEA monitoring as well as per NPT.

Before dreaming such feats we have to have a strong manufacturing industrial base , decent amount of economic influence worldwide, have a strong conventional army all of which will require kicking out all the slave mentality awami dalals from the country and political stability.

Last edited by a moderator:
If BD decides to go for a nuclear bomb there is no way that India will be able to "drop" a bomb on the nuclear installations as you can be sure that BD will by then have an excellent air-force/air-defence by then.

The earliest we are looking at is the late 2020s when a DECISION could be made to develop a nuclear bomb.

Little India could do as BD would be protected by at least 2-300 4th/5th gen fighters and modern SAMs. Only option for India would be a full-scale war and that could possibly lead to a total disintegration of the Indian state.

Remember India could do nothing to Pakistan when it developed it's bomb and there is nothing that you will be able to do to BD.

First of all Indian states are going nowhere so don't worry and forget it.
Secondly you are not going get 2-300 Gen 4 fighter plane nor SAM system.
Thirdly Bangladesh is not going to develop anything related to the word 'Nuclear' because you don't have money nor technical capability.
Forth well it's a question.....
What made you think that by the year of 2020 or latter Bangladesh will acquire all those weapon and we don't???? FIY there would be Generation gap or two... you are still buying 3rd Gen Chinese planes and we are developing our own 5th Gen plane + PAK FA & FGFA and this gap going to be widen every passing year.
And Finally :rofl:

He explained to me that atom bomb technology is almost verging on primitive now, as it was created 60 years ago.

He also said (with no disrespect to Pakistan) "If a third world country like Pakistan can build it, do you think rich western nations can't?" e.g. Sweden etc.

You mentioned Japan, he said "Norway can build it in 2 days" (which I think he meant semi-figuratively).

Technology progresses rapidly.

The atom bomb is 1930s/40s technology.

Loads of states in the world could produce it but chose not to e.g. Brazil, Japan, Sweden, Norway, South Africa etc.

Actually bomb technology also developed over the last 50 years. Do U think americans still use primitive WW2 fat man. They have developed 4th gen N.weapons now. Naturally all other nuclear countries followed suit. N.weapons are getting more miniature and more powerful at the same time. Most weapons are off thermonuclear design today.

As for B.missile. Those things are much more high tech than N.weapons and their technology is improving day-day. Today's missiles have to have pin-point accuracy, advance MIRV, carry multiple miniature war heads etc. All these requires decades of hardwork and a strong scientific capability. As for japan, well they won't make primitive fat man but advance weapons on par with the 5 NPT nuclear states which they can make within a year at most according to most analyst. Primitive N.weapons won't work in today's age and even PAK's weapons are not in the 50's category.

First of all Indian states are going nowhere so don't worry and forget it.
Secondly you are not going get 2-300 Gen 4 fighter plane nor SAM system.
Thirdly Bangladesh is not going to develop anything related to the word 'Nuclear' because you don't have money nor technical capability.
Forth well it's a question.....
What made you think that by the year of 2020 or latter Bangladesh will acquire all those weapon and we don't???? FIY there would be Generation gap or two... you are still buying 3rd Gen Chinese planes and we are developing our own 5th Gen plane + PAK FA & FGFA and this gap going to be widen every passing year.
And Finally :rofl:

If you are not noticing BD's economy is growing even quicker than India and so the money will be there in the future to purchase a whole load of modern arms into the future. BD only spends 1.5% of it's GDP on defence and so it has the ability to increase this substantially without hurting it's civilian economy.

Already BD is going to buy a few squadrons of Mig-29/Su-30s soon and stealth fighters like the J-31 would be available in the next decade for export. BD would seriously consider buying a fighter like this in numbers to deter India primarily as Myanmar is little of a threat.

Like I say, India will never have a veto whether BD acquires nuclear weapons as there is little that you will be able to do to BD militarily or economically.

China's opinion is likely to matter much more as it will become a major military and economic partner to BD in the next few decades, while's the declining West's opinion is likely to count for very little by 2030 or so.

Sorry that is just the way things are.

A totally unrealistic scenario. USA/NATO/Israel/India will bomb the nuke facilities without any warning. So there goes millions of dollars.

THERE IS NO FRIGGIN THREAT FROM INDIA! The existing issues can be solved with robust diplomacy. The politicians who don't have the backbone to push India in any issues DIPLOMATICALLY . . . . . . . . how they hell can they grow the backbone to build NUKES!

People here are talking about NUKES like they are ******** lollipops. :blink:

We don't need nukes. We need a better foreign policy. And with a strong foreign policy, India and China will take care of Myanmar for us.

Indian does not have ID cards neither they have any citizen database. They even dont know who Indian is.. :D

If we stop eating cows, 10% of Indian will die out of hunger.

Do we really need nuke to kill Indian???

That was awesome :rofl: :rofl:

@Loki, sorry for being off topic, why have you got your id changed? Zabanya was good too.

I like changes :P

@Loki thumps up for opening such an epic thread. :tup:

Why, I'm an epic person :D

Actually, the original article is written by an Indian. A pretty long one at that. Even highlighted her hobbies and interests (irrelevant things).

And we can see that exact same trait in this thread. Most of their posts are all pointless and resorting to drama like that woman.

Come to think that 90% of them are indeed (I)diots.

Although, plenty of fanboyism from some Bangladeshis here. Some people are probably playing too much Command & Conquer games :girl_wacko:

A totally unrealistic scenario. USA/NATO/Israel/India will bomb the nuke facilities without any warning. So there goes millions of dollars.

THERE IS NO FRIGGIN THREAT FROM INDIA! The existing issues can be solved with robust diplomacy. The politicians who don't have the backbone to push India in any issues DIPLOMATICALLY . . . . . . . . how they hell can they grow the backbone to build NUKES!

People here are talking about NUKES like they are ******** lollipops. :blink:

We don't need nukes. We need a better foreign policy. And with a strong foreign policy, India and China will take care of Myanmar for us.

Agreed about the foreign policy and diplomacy part.

It'll take decades of research and money to actually implement them. And what's more, there's politics and sanctions can be deadly for a country like Bangladesh.

Though, I'm surprised to the level silence behind Myanmar's nuclear program.

Either:

1. They know that the Burmese have nothing. It was all propaganda.

2. They (India, China, NATO, Israel) know very little of their nuclear program.

Both are plausible. And we mustn't assume anything. North Korea is a poor country, and yet they have nukes.

As I said, it's just surprising to see the level of silence behind their nuclear program. Most of their sanctions have been lifted now.

It appears Soo Key is some sort of goddess, which is a very dangerous thing when an entire nation and its supporters place so much faith in one person. There's no such thing as a one-man nation.

Sound familiar?

The country is unpredictable.

So, that just bothers me.

I have no problem with India having nukes, since Kashmir is an explosive issue, and they have some "issues" with China. The Chinese went for nukes because the Soviets were threatening them.

And to be honest, I don't see any reason for us nor Myanmar to go for nukes. Where and how did they even get the idea of going nuclear?

I don't care if they prevent that country from acquiring nukes through diplomacy or with Flankers and Hornets. By hook or crook, they must prevent them from acquiring nuclear status.

Otherwise, there are going to be very serious problems. Severe problems for the entire region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom