What's new

Bangladesh will be the nuclear country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by should be given??? Who will stop us acquiring one?

In my personal opinion INDIA wont be happy over any such move.

anyway by should be i meant since so far there is little in this regard hence BD should explore all ways to have nuclear reactors.

reach out to China if that could help

Nuclear technology for civil usage is always welcome. Space programs are always welcome.

Nuclear technology for military usage is not good...

anyway by should be i meant since so far there is little in this regard hence BD should explore all ways to have nuclear reactors.

Why India will have problem? I think french reactors are better than chinese and russian reactors, Safer and efficient. I hope BD shud go for french reactors.

Building work of a 3rd generation 2000 MW power plant will start next year.

India asked Medvedev to keep them involved in any nuclear plant in BD but their desire did not materialize.

Nuclear technology for civil usage is always welcome. Space programs are always welcome.

Nuclear technology for military usage is not good...

Why India will have problem? I think french reactors are better than chinese and russian reactors, Safer and efficient. I hope BD shud go for french reactors.

Under the garb of civilian use nuclear tech for military use is not bad. after all everyone is doing so.

If russia /france are willing to give BD few then indeed its good but for timebeing if they are NOT Then CHINA is the option

Under the garb of civilian use nuclear tech for military use is not bad. after all everyone is doing so.

If russia /france are willing to give BD few then indeed its good but for timebeing if they are NOT Then CHINA is the option

Why Russia and France wont give. Russia/China literally competed to get the deal even Korea was a runner up.

USA is working with a private company to install their own nuclear plant even though in a smaller scale.

Even India wanted to sell theirs.. :D

Why Russia and France wont give. Russia/China literally competed to get the deal even Korea was a runner up.

USA is working with a private company to install their own nuclear plant even though in a smaller scale.

I dont have any knowledge if France is interested BUT if it is so its good.

I would support nukes to BD as well

my dear your economy will go to drain in few weeks after world know you even steal 1kg uranium or you try to get design of a military reactor .you didn't taste sanctions yet but let me told you your country can face sanctions of 6 months .thousands will die if its happen .

1.Nah! Will not happen. Sanctions are only meant for oil producer. And we are self-sufficient in food. Our leading trading partner is China. We would get oil from Iran. It will also release us from any constraints in cooperating openly with N Korea, China, Pakistan , Iran and Turkey for nukes and delivery system.

2. We need nukes. Dekha jaiga what others will do? Kya kar lega? Few days of "sound and fury, signifying nothing".

1.Nah! Will not happen. Sanctions are only meant for oil producer. And we are self-sufficient in food. Our leading trading partner is China. We would get oil from Iran. It will also release us from any constraints in cooperating openly with N Korea, China, Pakistan , Iran and Turkey for nukes and delivery system.

2. We need nukes. Dekha jaiga what others will do? Kya kar lega? Few days of "sound and fury, signifying nothing".

We all do what India is doing. Indians are buying oil now from Iran with worthless Rupees..

We should buy from Iran with Taka too... muahahahaha

Tell me one thing what will BD achieve even if it somehow obtains a nuke (not that anyone will help it get one)??
Nor does it have a delivery system to actually use a nuke............And no offence but it is far beyond BD's capability to produce a small nuke with enough destructive force so that it can fit on a plane. Heck it doesn't even have a nuclear power plant or any other enrichment centre either and those take years to build!!!
Coming back to my point, why would BD need a nuke?? It has normal, if not friendly relations with all it's nuclear neighbours, and it's conventional forces are enough to contain Myanmar..............
WHY-WHY-WOULD-YOU-DO-THAT.jpg

USA and it's allies account for more than 50% of Bangladesh's $24 billion exports.................Once sanctions hit $12 billion would go down in the drain...................BD won't have enough money for any welfare scheme, much less to to increase defence and R&D budget to accomodate development,security and production of nukes!!!
And let's see how much china would be willing to help once BD is unable to import the $6 billion worth of goods it currently does from China.

You sure?
CNN - U.S. imposes sanctions on India - May 13, 1998

The EU is Bangladesh's largest overall trading partner.

Slowpoke, we already signed 2k mw nuclear reactor deal with Russia :D
That is great news:blink:
But it still won't get BD nearer to getting a nuke as it will be accompanied by IAEA safeguards probably...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom