What's new

Bangladesh tries to secure wheat from Russia as India stops exports-sources

Okay first thing first. Its NOT India stopped exporting export to china, it was Kotak, a private company in India that said it would stop exporting the remaining 30% of its order due to closure of banks and ports in China.

In India, businesses are NOT controlled by indian government totally. It actually had to find new buyers in place of China because ports and banks in China were impacted.

It's just an excuse, everyone is an adult, so don't play stupid

I read the Global Times article you quoted, please pay attention to the publication time of this article, The Global Times just wants to appease India and ask India not to go too far. This kind of Chinese state propaganda media always focuses on the overall situation of peace and development.

I tried searching for this news. I found nothing. Whats your source? I do not believe in early 2020 India banned exports of cotton to China.

India did ban PPE exports due to obvious reasons but that ban was not China specific.

Irrelevant and Wrong, China did a military exercise near LAC in the middle of pandemic for no good reason and stopped Indian patrolling around that lake.

Huh? China did military exercise near LAC not the other way round.
The source is the noise in their head!

It's just an excuse, everyone is an adult, so don't play stupid
No man, you are acting like a child. During Q1 2020, lots of exports of indian agricultural items to China suffered this issue.

Groundnuts also suffered the same issue. The prices of these commoties (Cotton and Groundnut) actually FELL due to disrupting in shipment. Why will exporters take loss by NOT exporting for the commodities that have contract signed? Global prices of cotton actually FELL!

Source : https://seekingalpha.com/article/4381834-q4-cotton-prices-poised-for-firm-years-end

1656046395345.png

Now tell me, why will India halt groundnut exports to China? Groundnuts do not make PPEs. Or why will exporters stop exporting when there was a fear that prices will fall!

The source is the noise in their head!
Indeed!

No man, you are acting like a child. During Q1 2020, lots of exports of indian agricultural items to China suffered this issue.

Groundnuts also suffered the same issue. The prices of these commoties (Cotton and Groundnut) actually FELL due to disrupting in shipment. Why will exporters take loss by NOT exporting for the commodities that have contract signed? Global prices of cotton actually FELL!

Source : https://seekingalpha.com/article/4381834-q4-cotton-prices-poised-for-firm-years-end

View attachment 856326

Now tell me, why will India halt groundnut exports to China? Groundnuts do not make PPEs. Or why will exporters stop exporting when there was a fear that prices will fall!

Indeed!
India has always weaponized normal trade, a nationalist tradition that has continued since Gandhi's boycott of salt. Of course, that's understandable because the US and China do the same, I can't say Indians are worse.
However, in the early days of the pandemic, India banned cotton exports to China out of dark psychology, with the intention of expanding the scope of the virus infection. This is extremely despicable.

However, in the early days of the pandemic, India banned cotton exports to China out of dark psychology, with the intention of expanding the scope of the virus infection. This is extremely despicable.
India did NOT.

Kotak stopped because they could not get paid as Chinese banks/markets were closed (chinese lunar new year till Feb 8 and after that it was extneded due to coronavirus).

Kotak actually suffered loss due to falling cotton prices in Q1 2020. Why will it have a dark psychology and take a loss? Thats absurd and stupid!

1656046946078.png

India has always weaponized normal trade, a nationalist tradition that has continued since Gandhi's boycott of salt. Of course, that's understandable because the US and China do the same, I can't say Indians are worse.

Small minded half educated people in their administration getting bigger than the size of their britches, that's all. Thinking they can get leverage over a country like China, any leverage. Which is laughable.

Really mean too, trying to gain leverage during a pandemic.

Some of their rich are heavily insulated from the reality and sad situation of their country. The rich poor gap in India is huge.

India has massive amounts of people living on less than two dollars a day. Really sad.

Hunger worse than sub-saharan Africa - they rank way lower in the hunger index than Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Small minded half educated people in their administration getting bigger than the size of their britches, that's all. Thinking they can get leverage over a country like China, any leverage. Which is laughable.

Really mean too, trying to gain leverage during a pandemic.

Some of their rich are heavily insulated from the reality and sad situation of their country. The rich poor gap in India is huge.

India has massive amount of people living on less than two dollars a day. Really sad. Hunger worse than sub-saharan Africa - they rank way lower than Bangladesh and Pakistan.
What a joke!

Everyone knew prices of cotton will fall and it did in Q1 2020 and did not recover till Q3. Why will anyone, a Gujrati exporter no less, take a loss?

I guess stitching chaddis does not make you smart. Though you should have known better. Were Chaddi stitching shops open in BD during Q1, Q2 2020? No! What will happen then? Demand for cotton will FALL! And it did and prices show that.

BTW, cotton was not the prime commodity in 2020. AFAIK, rubber/latex was. For making PPEs like gloves.

印度没有。

Kotak 停止了,因为由于中国的银行/市场关闭(中国农历新年到 2 月 8 日,之后由于冠状病毒而延长),他们无法获得报酬。

Kotak其实在2020年Q1就因为棉花价格下跌而蒙受了损失,为什么会产生阴暗心理,吃亏?那是荒谬和愚蠢的!

资料来源:https ://seekingalpha.com/article/4381834-q4-cotton-prices-poised-for-firm-

India did NOT.

Kotak stopped because they could not get paid as Chinese banks/markets were closed (chinese lunar new year till Feb 8 and after that it was extneded due to coronavirus).

Kotak actually suffered loss due to falling cotton prices in Q1 2020. Why will it have a dark psychology and take a loss? Thats absurd and stupid!

View attachment 856331
How can a giant country like China close all markets, banks, ports?
I remember that at that time, the Indian media, high-level intellectual elites, were discussing a topic, how to use this opportunity to bring China down and let India replace China as the world's factory. The excitement of Indians can hardly be hidden, you know, I often watch Indian media reports, especially WION, almost in a state of binge.
In May or June 2020, Delta suddenly broke out and India started to feel the pain。
Then at that time, private social media in China began to have a sense of revenge and began to ridicule India in various ways.
If after a while, India needs some kind of help, Bangladeshis will make fun of India

I’m not saying India will work against BD’s interest, I’m just pointing out the vulnerabilities of relying solely on one mode of export revenue.

BD is well aware and has been putting in the building blocks for over a decade to change this.

The problem is that exports from garments is roughly 75% of all exports(when services are included) and so even though other sources of export revenues are growing faster on average, this is having little effect on reducing the share of garments as total exports.

This decade, we need to keep a close watch on both electronics and IT as these are growing many times faster than garments in export earnings. IT should have the most impact first as it is a near 2 billion US dollar export earner.

If BD does not reduce the share of garments to maybe 60-65% of all exports by 2030 then the country's GDP growth is likely to stagnate and hope of escaping 3rd world status will be gone for some time.

Please CCP throttle his internet speed, put a ban on his travel tickets and cut his social credits for being more dumb than the famous flightless Mauritius bird.
Nepal earthquake, when the need for help most, India blocked Nepal's traffic, so that thousands of Nepalese could not get the medicine they needed and died. At the beginning of the pandemic, India banned cotton exports to China, India hoped that the pandemic would destroy China, and India itself broke out delta, Let us Chinese mock India online for a year. Now that there is a food shortage in the world due to the war in Ukraine, India immediately bans wheat exports to Bangladesh。
India is the kind of person who sees a person falling into a well and throws stones into it right away.

Indian government provides a lot of subsidies to their farmers, as a result their production cost is quite low and is an attractive import destination for Bangladeshi importers, due to cheap prices. But unfortunately India has become an unreliable source, for example last time due to indian export ban there was a huge spike of onion price in our country. Even Japan took India to court for this.

Bangladesh in the past had diversified its import destinations, like for cotton after India did the same to us previously. Government needs to put proper policy in place to reduce dependence on Indian imports due to their reliability issue.

Bangladesh is Indias 4th largest export destination, the way they are acting will keep on loosing business from us in the future. Here we have nothing to lose, as there will always be another country we can procure from.

I have recently seen in Indian media, when Oman was boycotting Indian products, the TV anchor said If gulf stops exporting oil the will stop rice and wheat export. Such dumb comments from so called educated godi media. These essentials can be sourced from alternative destinations as they are not exclusive to India, they are not oil.

Nepal earthquake, when the need for help most, India blocked Nepal's traffic, so that thousands of Nepalese could not get the medicine they needed and died. At the beginning of the pandemic, India banned cotton exports to China, India hoped that the pandemic would destroy China, and India itself broke out delta, Let us Chinese mock India online for a year. Now that there is a food shortage in the world due to the war in Ukraine, India immediately bans wheat exports to Bangladesh。
India is the kind of person who sees a person falling into a well and throws stones into it right away.
They are only losing reliability, they want to act like a world power, but forgets its only a agricultural country and has no burgaing chip. Only thing they can do cause periodic discomfort.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom