What's new

Bangladesh tries to secure wheat from Russia as India stops exports-sources

As regards Covid-19 UK vaccine that India got a licence to produce on condition it shared fairly with other 3rd world countries.

Whatever goodwill you generated was totally wiped out by banning exports to BD in late March of millions of doses that BD had paid for.

This action cost 10s of thousands of BD lives lost over the next 6 months.
Usa put a ban on essential chemical products reqd for stabilization of vaccines. Hence the delay 🙄. It was only lifted on Modi's intervention.

BD should just go ahead and import from Russia directly.

Dare them to sanction BD.

Their economies are literally falling apart and they do not want to take out the 2nd largest garment supplier on the planet right now. There is a limit to how stupid western leaders are.
How long do you think it will take India or any other developing country to take BD's position in any of these developed markets? Given that BD is hugely dependent on raw cotton supply from India, any future export ban in India will nullify the cost advantage BD enjoys overnight.

How long do you think it will take India or any other developing country to take BD's position in any of these developed markets? Given that BD is hugely dependent on raw cotton supply from India, any future export ban in India will nullify the cost advantage BD enjoys overnight.

He has alternative that is a magic wand which will take care of BD economy called Walton. He starts from there and end there,

jesy modi ne ukrain ki jang band karai thi :lol:

Aur jaise Imran Khan Russia se tel le aaya tha :P

You assume that EU/US will completely stop imports from BD.

The most that is likely to happen is that EU may suspend GSP privileges. BD has not enjoyed any privileges from USA since 2013.

Anyway, I have already mentioned before that BD is being harmed more than helped by GSP privileges these days. It is stopping the garment industry from becoming more efficient through machinery/automation and climbing quicker up the value ladder,

I do not think India will now want to get into that territory you say as BD and India are working together with Nepal/Bhutan to create a region of 400 million people where goods,services and energy will flow freely. India knows that harming BD is only harming itself in the end - West will not be able to pit either country against each other.

PS - People were jumping up and down here predicting "regime change" in BD if it did not align with West on Ukraine war. It was easy to see that this was never going to happen at the time.

PS - People were jumping up and down here predicting "regime change" in BD if it did not align with West on Ukraine war. It was easy to see that this was never going to happen at the time.
You are very unpatriotic and undemocratic. BD needs a fair election and it seems you are sure that the corrupt BAL govt will fall.

So, it is democracy that is important in any country.

You assume that EU/US will completely stop imports from BD.

The most that is likely to happen is that EU may suspend GSP privileges. BD has not enjoyed any privileges from USA since 2013.

Anyway, I have already mentioned before that BD is being harmed more than helped by GSP privileges these days. It is stopping the garment industry from becoming more efficient through machinery/automation and climbing quicker up the value ladder,

I do not think India will now want to get into that territory you say as BD and India are working together with Nepal/Bhutan to create a region of 400 million people where goods,services and energy will flow freely. India knows that harming BD is only harming itself in the end - West will not be able to pit either country against each other.

I’m not saying India will work against BD’s interest, I’m just pointing out the vulnerabilities of relying solely on one mode of export revenue.

Its not just Indian businessmen, its all businessmen. Remember during 2020, China was selling PPEs at a much higher premium?
I remember in early 2020, India banned cotton exports to China because Indians believed that cotton could make masks. Then the Indians immediately sent troops across the Chinese border to attack the Chinese soldiers. I think that at that time the Indians thought that the opportunity was coming, and they could use the attack on China to win the favor of the Trump administration of the United States

I remember in early 2020, India banned cotton exports to China because Indians believed that cotton could make masks.

I tried searching for this news. I found nothing. Whats your source? I do not believe in early 2020 India banned exports of cotton to China.

India did ban PPE exports due to obvious reasons but that ban was not China specific.

Then the Indians immediately sent troops across the Chinese border to attack the Chinese soldiers.
Irrelevant and Wrong, China did a military exercise near LAC in the middle of pandemic for no good reason and stopped Indian patrolling around that lake.

I think that at that time the Indians thought that the opportunity was coming, and they could use the attack on China to win the favor of the Trump administration of the United States
Huh? China did military exercise near LAC not the other way round.

I tried searching for this news. I found nothing. Whats your source? I do not believe in early 2020 India banned exports of cotton to China.

India did ban PPE exports due to obvious reasons but that ban was not China specific.

Irrelevant and Wrong, China did a military exercise near LAC in the middle of pandemic for no good reason and stopped Indian patrolling around that lake.

Huh? China did military exercise near LAC not the other way round.
If you don't find this news, it can only mean that Google blocked this news, my memory is not wrong, I also did a YouTube show to express my anger towards India. I have since then recognized the ultra-nationalist nature of the Modi government 。

If you don't find this news, it can only mean that Google blocked this news, my memory is not wrong, I also did a YouTube show to express my anger towards India. I have since then recognized the ultra-nationalist nature of the Modi government 。
Well, since you have seen the news, you should be able to find it again using Chinese search engines as I do not know Chinese to use them. Try getting a link to the news story? I am sure google can not censor news in China. Only CCP can do that.

Dada India has no leverage on Bangladesh on raw cotton. Yes it will be temporarily inconvenienced. But we will make up the slack by importing from lots of other countries, including China. Cotton is a commodity and is freely traded in int'l markets.

And Bangladesh is the second largest apparel supplier in the globe. No country including India can compete with us on either labor costs or quality. Just forget the thought....

Eishob petty chinta-bhabna chherey den. Oi din choley gesey. That ship has sailed.

Borong Bangladesh Indiar items boycott or high tariff regime shuru korley khobor aasey. To the tune of some $40 to $45 Billion a year.

Trade War is going to be very expensive for India.

Apnar suggestion Delhi'r MoFA tey suggest korey dekhen, tara ki boley....:-)

I’m not saying India will work against BD’s interest, I’m just pointing out the vulnerabilities of relying solely on one mode of export revenue.

Mosi has more concern than Mom I guess huh?

Well, since you have seen the news, you should be able to find it again using Chinese search engines as I do not know Chinese to use them. Try getting a link to the news story? I am sure google can not censor news in China. Only CCP can do that.

This is the website of the Ministry of Agriculture of China, which is the website of the Chinese state government agency. The English website in India also has this news, but it seems that I can't find it with Google now

This is the website of the Ministry of Agriculture of China, which is the website of the Chinese state government agency. The English website in India also has this news, but it seems that I can't find it with Google now
Okay first thing first. Its NOT India stopped exporting export to china, it was Kotak, a private company in India that said it would stop exporting the remaining 30% of its order due to closure of banks and ports in China.

In India, businesses are NOT controlled by indian government totally. It actually had to find new buyers in place of China because ports and banks in China were impacted.

Back
Top Bottom