What's new

Bangladesh to observe one-minute blackout on March 25

We want good relations but no apology.
Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Besides Pak-BD relation, it's not like it has any potential unless you want to corner India under China's command. Not like BD has any interest in such adventure.

We need to realize that as a country, BD is still very young. Not even 50 years have passed since independence. Give it time. As the years go on, the beliefs spouted by the likes of Al-Zakir and idune will be irrelevant, ridiculed, and eventually forgotten in due time.

Why should we apologize as a nation? The new generation didn't do anything wrong.
I won't apologize for something I didn't do.

Time to move on now.

Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Besides Pak-BD relation, it's not like it has any potential unless you want to corner India under China's command. Not like BD has any interest in such adventure.

This is the crux of Pak BD relation. Pakistan need BD to irritate and create pressure points for Indian on its eastern border. So as long as this is accepted by BD, Pakistan will be intrested to go extra mile to assist BD. Otherwise, Pakistan anyway is getting help from China.

BD won the 1971 election and was the rightful ruler of the whole of Pakistan.
Why hold an election and not respect the results!:disagree:
W Pakistanis wanted to rule over the majority and BD'shis were having none of this and so seceded.

See if Pakistan accepted the 1971 election result, both countries would now be much better off. BD probably would have spent the 1970s and 1980s creating a more fair and equal society and then would have prepared the ground for an eventual peaceful split by the year 2000, with economic relations intact. I am sure that there was also a possibility of a mutual defence pact as well against India in this scenario.

Like I say BD would want a full and unconditional apology for 1971 as otherwise relations cannot be normalised.
Mate, First of all, Bd didn't win any election since it didn't even exist back then...and you were telling me to read the history but what about you learn some basic facts that it was East Pakistan and not any Bd, Shidi, Td or Pd Okay.
Secondly, even if you feel that election results were not accepted, does it give you the right to take up arms against the state?
I support PTI and we believe it won the election in 2013 but PMLn through support from certain elements in establishment rigged the election and changed the results in its favour. Does it mean we take up arms against the state?...No!!! we just protested democratically, staged a sit in that's a world record for its duration and we went to the court and got NS disqualified for his corruption.. so

I am not cursing Pakistan.

Just saying if Pakistan is interested in engaging with the fastest growing 100 million+ economy in
the world, then an apology is required for 1971.

If you are not then no skin off my nose buddy.

Don't Know whether to laugh or cry at your post. A country that cannot build a normal 2 lane road is talking about being more developed than a country that has build 6 lane Motorway at 4000 feet above sea level which is higher than your highest hill which you call mountain in BD:lol:.

Keep repeating that per capita thing if it makes you sleep at night. Pakistan's per capita is 5400, BD is 4000ish. Plus your country is extremely corrupt probably 5 times more corrupt than Pakistan (Check Corruption rankings) so I think we will be okay not dealing with your country.

What for? Anyone taking arms against own state with help and funding from your enemy country is plain TERRORIST. There was NO Bangladesh in 71 but EAST PAKISTAN. Still as a goodwill Musharraf did apologize which in my opinion was not at all mandatory to do and should not have been done but still. Hassina can never have guts to come out of Indian enslavement even if we just for the sake of good relation apologise officially so better let her make you guys sentimental every time.

Your post (I'm sorry) reeks of patronizing attitude about former East Pakistanis.

You are positing that East Pakistanis were intellectual infants and were incapable of deciding for themselves what future they wanted for themselves, when most of the brain-trust of Pakistan at that time lay in the East, as your leaders knew well. The idea of Pakistan was primarily seeded and borne by Bengalis themselves (from Dhaka and Calcutta) as intellectually Western wing was not mature regarding leadership (even rate of literacy was much lower in the West vs. the East owing to feudal structure of society).

The realization in the East that members of West Pakistani administration were not interested in having a fair share of wealth between both wings had become abundantly clear between 1947 and 1971. What would you have wanted us to do?

Not only did West Pakistan steal our resources - you put salt on the wound by denigrating us as 'Chhotey chhotey kaley natey bhukhey nangey aadmi' as stated by your senior administrators! That attitude (and the result of the brainwash) is still laughably evident even in this forum - today! A lot one can say about intellectual maturity in Pakistan's leadership! :-)

Unequal treatment of East Pakistanis is well-documented and we as a people can be a lot of things, but not stupid.

It is all a reflection on the failure of the Pakistani administration's fauji take on things - nothing more.

You can blame Hasina for being Indian slave but there are plenty of Hasina non-supporters who have seen the 1971 war with their own eyes and the events leading up to it. These people are slowly dying off but their collective personal accounts (well publicized in the media in Bangladesh and abroad) constitute 'incontrovertible visual evidence' of Pakistani Army atrocities - committed with arms we ourselves partially bought for PA. Bhutto didn't even want to share the administration with Mujib and schemed to unleash the army in cahoots with the fauji junta. If someone asks 'Kaun hai gaddar' then no amount of propaganda and brainwashing can foil what is on paper. See the following link.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu//NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB1.pdf

Not all atrocities about 1971 are political fodder foisted by Hasina. There is no whitewashing possible (least of all by Pakistanis themselves) on what Tikka Khan and Yahya Khan did - the evidence is in all embassy communications in Dacca at that time. There is no shame in admitting that massive mistakes were made by Pakistan in 'handling the situation'.

I hope someday the Bangladesh Liberation War Museum can put up their collection of evidence on the Web, so all can see what was done....weaving wild incredulous stories about Mukti atrocities only applies shame on Pakistan itself.

Last edited:
We need to realize that as a country, BD is still very young. Not even 50 years have passed since independence. Give it time. As the years go on, the beliefs spouted by the likes of Al-Zakir and idune will be irrelevant, ridiculed, and eventually forgotten in due time.

:cheesy: I’ll be waiting.

This is the crux of Pak BD relation. Pakistan need BD to irritate and create pressure points for Indian on its eastern border. So as long as this is accepted by BD, Pakistan will be intrested to go extra mile to assist BD. Otherwise, Pakistan anyway is getting help from China.
Indo-Pak conflict is not our issue. But with Hasina in power you can expect our lip service. But that's all we can offer.

Sino-Indian conflict is a bit different. Even with Hasina in power, you won't even get any lip service for any side. It's not something in our league.

Does it make us look cowardly? Perhaps it does. But sadly we have no other viable choice.

Mate, First of all, Bd didn't win any election since it didn't even exist back then...and you were telling me to read the history but what about you learn some basic facts that it was East Pakistan and not any Bd, Shidi, Td or Pd Okay.
Secondly, even if you feel that election results were not accepted, does it give you the right to take up arms against the state?
I support PTI and we believe it won the election in 2013 but PMLn through support from certain elements in establishment rigged the election and changed the results in its favour. Does it mean we take up arms against the state?...No!!! we just protested democratically, staged a sit in that's a world record for its duration and we went to the court and got NS disqualified for his corruption.. so

Please do not compare what you thought was a rigged election with an election result in 1971 that was clearly won by BD(East Pakistan then) and no-one said it was rigged. Two situations are completely different as BD was engaged in a fight against becoming a colony of W Pakistanis.

BD(East Pakistan then) tried to take over power peacefully but all it got was bullets from an illegitimate army as the majority population of Pakistan lost all trust in the ruling regime.What was a dictator doing running a multi-ethnic country anyway?lol India may have it's faults but it knows that without democracy it will split into a thousand pieces very quickly.

W Pakistanis did not like to be ruled by Bengali's and so we made the decision to split and form our own country. You should have had the quality to let us go our own way in this case.

End of the day both countries lost as a Pakistan run by BD'shis(which was our natural right as the majority) would have been a much better country for it's citizens to this day - even though BD would have initiated a peaceful split by around 2000 IMO.

I don't see this happening - a whole lot of mouthing off will happen but when push comes to shove, zero.

I am sorry - but Pakistan needs us more than we need them. Hasina or no Hasina.

:P

Kon chaler bhat khai jigao. ;)
And why would Pakistan need Bangladesh more than Bangladesh needs Pakistan.

Stop talking nonsense. Bangladesh is an underdeveloped country. Pakistan is an emerging economy and a regional power.

What do you have?

Back
Top Bottom