What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone has any idea about a rumor: Bangladesh is going to develop its own C-802A missile with the help of China. is it true? Please quote if you have any solid reference.

Likely to be EC-175:
EC_175_helicopter_Eurocopter_France_French_aviation_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

It was confirmed that BA is buying a few Eurocopters along with the MBT-2000 order.

I dont think so. Although the helicopter meets army requirements but its going to be too expensive. I do not know the price but I guess it will not be anything less that $15mln. It can even be much more than that.

Anyone! Who can share any update on the F-7BGI procurement program? Still dont know the shape of the aircraft. A friend told me it might look like BG. But, the avionics shall be different. It might receive a much upgraded radar that also has a terrain following mode. Can anyone confirm that!!

Some other defence forums are saying that not only the BGI will be BVR capable, its structure and look will also be quite different from other F-7 variants. In their opinion, the F-7 naming itself is wrong. It should have been given a different name. So, let us wait and see the new planes that will start arriving this year.

Some other defence forums are saying that not only the BGI will be BVR capable, its structure and look will also be quite different from other F-7 variants. In their opinion, the F-7 naming itself is wrong. It should have been given a different name. So, let us wait and see the new planes that will start arriving this year.

You already know that the cone shaped nose is reaming the same.:cheers:
And for the naming-I think you are also getting the heat like others :enjoy:

Likely to be EC-175:
EC_175_helicopter_Eurocopter_France_French_aviation_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

It was confirmed that BA is buying a few Eurocopters along with the MBT-2000 order.

Couple of days ago I saw a helo flying in the sky which was a bit different than the other helos that fly over here. Generally Bell 206, Bell 212 and Mi-X fly over our sky. Among them Bell has stands. What I saw that day, a helicopter with no stand but three wheel and a distinct structure that I have shown below----

ec175vih2jpgc96662b82ee.jpg

It was far above me but I saw the distinct part. So was it that EC175, I am not 100% sure but I saw something different than the usual.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Years back I read a tender to construct the workshop of C-802 in our local newspapers.

^Hence my speculation stands correct :D

Yes, the EC-175 is a pretty chopper.

In the other thread we saw BD is negotiating $850 million from Russia. But, what could be those hardwares? SUB or SAM?

In the other thread we saw BD is negotiating $850 million from Russia. But, what could be those hardwares? SUB or SAM?

No specifics.

Bangladesh indicated its growing intimacy with Russia through the award last month of well-drilling contracts without going through a tender process and without a production sharing clause. Dhaka also hopes soon to obtain suppliers' credit worth US$850 million to procure Russian-made military equipment.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/152104-gazprom-deal-may-oil-dhaka-arms-purchase.html

Most probably SAM, Bangladesh navy has been already gotten lots of goodies.

Our BAF Chief has declared that BAF will purchase 4+ and 4.5 generations mainstay planes sometime around 2010. BAF was not supposed to buy any new planes immediately after the F-7BGI inductions. However, when the Chief said those things no credit was available.

So, if now, a $850m Russian credit is available, then BAF can also choose to buy at least one sq. of Russian big birds after, say, 2015. I am just talking about the possibility. But, the thing is, we need another two sq. of next generation planes in order to make BAF a well balanced airforce.

We also need one squadron of maritime fighter aircraft to safe guard our EEZ. :cheers:

BN already has a few units of toothless patrol planes and helis to fly over the EEZ to check if our two greedy neighbours are inching towards our sea territory. But, I understand that the 16 F-7BGI planes that BAF inducts this year will be placed in the newly built Cox's Bazaar air base, may be in a mix of old, new and with Mig-29s. If so, then these planes can do the maritime job of safeguarding the EEZ, isn't it? Without an aircraft carrier BN will have to depend upon land-based BAF planes.

BN already has a few units of toothless patrol planes and helis to fly over the EEZ to check if our two greedy neighbours are inching towards our sea territory. But, I understand that the 16 F-7BGI planes that BAF inducts this year will be placed in the newly built Cox's Bazaar air base, may be in a mix of old, new and with Mig-29s. If so, then these planes can do the maritime job of safeguarding the EEZ, isn't it? Without an aircraft carrier BN will have to depend upon land-based BAF planes.

As there is a remote possibility of war with India, we should look for some potent enemy outside of sub continent. Aircraft carrier is a good way to go for that. Whats your take on that?

^Yes, MiG-29s can perform maritime recon and combat operations.

Although since Myanmar are already using ten MiG-29s (more on order if I am not mistaken), I'd be better to go for a more advanced and capable plane in my opinion. Don't ask me which one.

The SMT variant has potent air-to-ground capabilities however. Just lower payload than the SU-30MK.

The BAF still lacks net-centric warfare capabilities. For now, it can only be a defensive air force at best.

My wishlist would be Gripen NG/F-16 E/F + Erieye package :P

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

As there is a remote possibility of war with India, we should look for some potent enemy outside of sub continent. Aircraft carrier is a good way to go for that. Whats your take on that?

ACs are extremely expensive to build and maintain. Only large and at least regional power countries have that. The one Thailand has is nothing but a fishing trawler :rofl:

BN can set that as a long term goal. Real long term :lol:

I'd focus more having advantage on the weaker one - Myanmar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom