What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major you deserve a kudos for your brilliant brain and unmatched analysis.

I would request you to eliminate jaguar from list for one logic - Indians are going to keep it in service till 2025-2030. You better add Mig-21 Bison because Indians are no more interested in it, Mig-21 are to be phased out from IAF by 2017.. BTW aint F-7 and Mig-21 same?

I am still waiting for your reply to my question on previous page...

MiG-21...

Why is it so hard for you to accept the MiG-21 has advantages over JF-17

mig hasn't been against JFT nor has JFT against mig thus it is pointless to falsely make a 50's/60's mig superior to a 2000ish JFT.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that a MiG-21 if outgunned can use its speed as its defense and make a tactical retreat

Once locked mig-21 would be a falling debris speed of locked missile against mig-21 rarely would mig escape.

far better than the JF-17.

Not proven not pitted against thus pointless post.

Why can't such a situation be compared with a JF-17? JF-17 will never face such a situation according to you?
Or are you implying multirole fighters don't have much speed because they have to concentrate on other capabilities? MiG-29 has both speed and multirole capabilities. So does the Su-27 & the F-15. Hell even the single engined multirole Gripen & Mirage-2000 has both. Just because JF-17 doesn't have speed, suddenly speed became a non-issue?

I am not sure who told you what, mach 1.8 is just fine. Have you check thrust to weight ratio mig-21 is 0.79 and JFT is 0.82 If Pakistan wanted wp-13 could have been installed instead of a russian RD- then there would have been considerable changes to the design along with lesser dry thrust around 40-44KN compared to RD series and then reliability issue. Have you compared notes J-7 engine(s) to mig-21 both having mach 2.0, if we go by your logic of speed advantage Pakistan could have opted and installed WP-13/F as interim solution.

USAF was so concerned about the time spent during a mission in the hostile hot zone

What is hostile hot zone or are you trying to say engagement zone.

they asked the designers to make F-22 raptor's speed high and at the same time fuel efficient. Hence super cruise was born. F-22 can reach 1.8M without using afterburners. With afterburners, it can reach 2.25M. I guess everyone are morons then, and only JF-17's designers and it's fanboys are right in keeping JF-17s speed low.

Not sure why morons have to compare and present F-22 to JF-17, so far I have not seen contractions from JF-17 supporters.

Your fight continue around mig-21 speed I told you WP-13/F is also mach 2.0 PAF could have opted for that engine but PAF knew China was working on an engine in the class with 98/100KN thrust and mach 2.0 with design specs some what similar to russian RD series thus it was feasible and much better option and generations ahead of WP-13 engine for PAF to opt for RD and wait for WS series.

^^ Americans and all those who are participating in F-35 program are moron for investing on a jet which has a maximum speed of 1.6 mach.. At least major thinks this way!!

^^ Americans and all those who are participating in F-35 program are moron for investing on a jet which has a maximum speed of 1.6 mach.. At least major thinks this way!!

damn we are crazy man we retired our F-104s they have speed more then f-22 f-35

f-104_571309.jpg

Bangladesh should start moving on to JF-17 when additional orders it comes out for export.

we first need to complete our requirements then think of sale not the other way around:p:P:P

Click here to view the original image of 750x500px.

still looks awsome it was a good plane and served us alot better in our wars didnt let us down at all

Again JF-17!! Whats wrong with you guys. BD had already ordered F-7BGI and in the process of ordering 20-32 F-16 or mig-29smt or su-30 or jas-39. There is no scope of JF-17 here. JF-17 is history for BAF. forget it.

Really 20-32 F-16s do you have mines of dollar? BAF barely has $700M budget for its Air Force annually. It had cost $3.1B for PAF to order 18 F-16s Blk 52 and associated weapons-equipment etc.

Although this has been discussed to death that Bangladesh is operating Mig-29s with terrible maintenance yet it would choose mig-29 for the sake of equipment commonality. All other western equipment would be under strict observation and visits don't believe it google it your self. If Malaysia is finding it hard to maintain mig-29s with larger budget its hard to swallow how BAF is keeping migs fly worthy.

There is no question about it sukhoi-30 would be a very good option for BAF post 2017 but why not sukhoi 35 but why would you get it when hindustan has a strong lobby.

F-16, gripen with hindustani strong lobby, there are very few chance you'll get it and even if you get it these are sanction prone and subject to strictest checks-observations.

You fanboys have yet to point out why JFT is not fit for BAF.
Engine? don't you operate russian engine RD on mig-29,
Is it radar? KLJ-7 is far superior to any Radar in BAF's inventory,
Is it avionics? refer to the avionics they are superior based on 4+ Gen Ref to JF-17 thread. Is it weapons SD-10 is better than anything BAF has.

Remember it is not you or me it is your AF decision.

AFAIK at one end it would be russian inventory and at the other end Chinese ;) forgot amrikan-swedes its not coming your way. BAF will always maintain High Low combination.

Lol.. Also, why did Americans retired their F-105 Thunderchief ? Aircraft had an awesome speed of 2.08 mach!!

jf17 is best for cost management airforce no game around it for a cheap price it can offer capabilities of a 4 generation fighter:pakistan::pakistan: baf does not have an enormous budget it will be best for them but if they dont want it then so be it. we are just saying whats good for you but if you dont want to listen then fine by us:wave::wave:... if it satisfies you then so be it :no::no:

for me JF-17 is for us and its our working horse we have no problem its 1th gen or micky mouse as long as its work well for us . we never work 9 years on it with 500mn$ for make it fit for any other nation but we work for pakistan .

f-104_571309.jpg

Just because its fast does not mean its good for combat, not in today's combat grounds, where SAMS can speeds of 5 mach or above. The aircraft cant outrun the missile, but it can out-maneuver it. But it is near impossible to maneuver a jet travelling at 2+ mach.

So nowadays, the aircraft manufacturers are building jets that have lesser speed, as it is financially unwise to build mach 2 or above jets.

Really 20-32 F-16s do you have mines of dollar? BAF barely has $700M budget for its Air Force annually. It had cost $3.1B for PAF to order 18 F-16s Blk 52 and associated weapons-equipment etc.

Although this has been discussed to death that Bangladesh is operating Mig-29s with terrible maintenance yet it would choose mig-29 for the sake of equipment commonality. All other western equipment would be under strict observation and visits don't believe it google it your self. If Malaysia is finding it hard to maintain mig-29s with larger budget its hard to swallow how BAF is keeping migs fly worthy.

There is no question about it sukhoi-30 would be a very good option for BAF post 2017 but why not sukhoi 35 but why would you get it when hindustan has a strong lobby.

F-16, gripen with hindustani strong lobby, there are very few chance you'll get it and even if you get it these are sanction prone and subject to strictest checks-observations.

You fanboys have yet to point out why JFT is not fit for BAF.
Engine? don't you operate russian engine RD on mig-29,
Is it radar? KLJ-7 is far superior to any Radar in BAF's inventory,
Is it avionics? refer to the avionics they are superior based on 4+ Gen Ref to JF-17 thread. Is it weapons SD-10 is better than anything BAF has.

Remember it is not you or me it is your AF decision.

AFAIK at one end it would be russian inventory and at the other end Chinese ;) forgot amrikan-swedes its not coming your way. BAF will always maintain High Low combination.

Bro, there is a article by jane's defence magazine, that says bangladesh will go for either F16, mig 29, Su 30 or Gripen in the future(around 2020), mention by bangladesh air force. So yeah, they will cost quite a lot, but since we have 8 years to save up, i think we can go for a squadron of them

Yea, i agree with you on the mig 29 part.

India may have lobby for su 30, but so do china. Btw, americans wanted us to buy f 16, as i am told by some of the members. For me gripen will be the best option, single engine and very good in air. Bangladesh air force is a defensive organisation, let them come and do their checks, we wont be using them unless we are defending ourselves.

Well you see, the other aircrafts were tested by time. So yeah, since JF 17 is relatively a new aircraft, we do not want to take any chances right now. Furthermore, china is not buying them as much as expected, so yeah taking no chances

However, i think Jf17 will make a good replacement for our f7 later in future, where hopefully our economy will be bigger

Avisheik...Bro, there is a article by jane's defence magazine, that says bangladesh will go for either F16, mig 29, Su 30 or Gripen in the future(around 2020), mention by bangladesh air force

Long way to go many reports have been re-corrected updated back like brazil and swiss procurements their dates that are delayed and stalled deals, so even then i would not take janes defense word until it happens.

So yeah, they will cost quite a lot, but since we have 8 years to save up, i think we can go for a squadron of them.

It is not that BAF would be able to procure it, it is the the platform sanction prone both US-Sweden. Which variant would BAF go for what sort of upgrades would be available currently the basic gripen is $55M, Also what if JF-17 Block III is offered in future around 2019 at 35% less which is completely different from Block I/II JFT then gripen's cost.

India may have lobby for su 30, but so do china.

China cannot sell Flankers. hindustan would never let you acquire advance version of Flankers but standard version on top of it if russians impose no third party upgrades without russian consent.

Btw, americans wanted us to buy f 16, as i am told by some of the members. For me gripen will be the best option, single engine and very good in air. Bangladesh air force is a defensive organization, let them come and do their checks, we wont be using them unless we are defending ourselves.

You did not understand US-Sweden can and will block spares and upgrades upon hindustani request in case of conflict-War, the lobby is simply too strong. Every F-16 buyer apart from Europe-U.A.E had suffered sanctions/blockade of equipment Egpyt no AMRAAM, Jordon very limited AMRRAMs (Pakistan-Iran-Venezula-Indonesia)

Well you see, the other aircrafts were tested by time. So yeah, since JF 17 is relatively a new aircraft, we do not want to take any chances right now.

F-35 is new why is europe taking chances on new Jet? Please explain. Mig-29 was not even inducted in russian air force when hindustan ordered it for IAF, J-7 was so new and yet 15-17 nations ordered it in 1970s.

China is not buying them as much as expected, so yeah taking no chances.

U.A.E operates F-16 Block 60 has been operating successfully USAF don't now you explain your no chances dilemma. China could opt for Block II or Block III which would still be relatively much more cheaper in cost and to operate then J-10B.

However, i think Jf17 will make a good replacement for our f7 later in future, where hopefully our economy will be bigger.

Why would BAF replace F-7 with JF-17 Block? when future block of JFT would have the same capabilities as gripen. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom