What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avisheik...Bro, there is a article by jane's defence magazine, that says bangladesh will go for either F16, mig 29, Su 30 or Gripen in the future(around 2020), mention by bangladesh air force

Long way to go many reports have been re-corrected updated back like brazil and swiss procurements their dates that are delayed and stalled deals, so even then i would not take janes defense word until it happens.

So yeah, they will cost quite a lot, but since we have 8 years to save up, i think we can go for a squadron of them.

It is not that BAF would be able to procure it, it is the the platform sanction prone both US-Sweden. Which variant would BAF go for what sort of upgrades would be available currently the basic gripen is $55M, Also what if JF-17 Block III is offered in future around 2019 at 35% less which is completely different from Block I/II JFT then gripen's cost.

India may have lobby for su 30, but so do china.

China cannot sell Flankers. hindustan would never let you acquire advance version of Flankers but standard version on top of it if russians impose no third party upgrades without russian consent.

Btw, americans wanted us to buy f 16, as i am told by some of the members. For me gripen will be the best option, single engine and very good in air. Bangladesh air force is a defensive organization, let them come and do their checks, we wont be using them unless we are defending ourselves.

You did not understand US-Sweden can and will block spares and upgrades upon hindustani request in case of conflict-War, the lobby is simply too strong. Every F-16 buyer apart from Europe-U.A.E had suffered sanctions/blockade of equipment Egpyt no AMRAAM, Jordon very limited AMRRAMs (Pakistan-Iran-Venezula-Indonesia)

Well you see, the other aircrafts were tested by time. So yeah, since JF 17 is relatively a new aircraft, we do not want to take any chances right now.

F-35 is new why is europe taking chances on new Jet? Please explain. Mig-29 was not even inducted in russian air force when hindustan ordered it for IAF, J-7 was so new and yet 15-17 nations ordered it in 1970s.

China is not buying them as much as expected, so yeah taking no chances.

U.A.E operates F-16 Block 60 has been operating successfully USAF don't now you explain your no chances dilemma. China could opt for Block II or Block III which would still be relatively much more cheaper in cost and to operate then J-10B.

However, i think Jf17 will make a good replacement for our f7 later in future, where hopefully our economy will be bigger.

Why would BAF replace F-7 with JF-17 Block? when future block of JFT would have the same capabilities as gripen. Makes no sense.

-Well the article said that our air cheif himself mentioned that we are going for these either four aircrafts. As our military cheif have delivered what they had promised so far( frigates, SPH and all) i am banking on this guys words.

-Bro, india is not the boss of US, Russia. I think US, russia will still sell spares to us as it is to their own benefit, in case we go to war. Finally, india is not the only frenemy we have. One of the main reason we are modernising ourselves is because of the Burma naval standoff.

- Yeah, you are right about the russian part about not getting upgrades without their consent

- We cant take chances like europe cos we are a poor country. I mean just look at our inventory. The money we save up to buy the planes is a lot for us. We simply cant take chances with national security.

- US used to operate a lot of f 16s last time. But they moved on to other planes now. China however, is not operating or ordering them, even though it has been produced for some time now

- JFT block 2 perhaps to replace our f-7s. Yeah, JFT will continue to improve with time, but so will the gripen or the the other planes.

I think that India is in no position to go bossing around the USA.

If there is a business deal between the Washington and Dhaka, it'll purely be between us and them. Even given America's negative role in the Liberation War (thanks to that nuthead Nixon), Bangladesh has never participated in any anti-American activities whatsoever.

Ignoring the Yunus drama (thanks to nuthead Hasina), US-BD relations are generally very positive.

Bangladesh did request F-16s back in the 80's during the Ershad regime. My suspicions was that he was afraid that the Indian-backed Shanti Bahini matter may have potentially got out of control. The US refused the F-16s at the time, and thankfully Shanti Bahini were finished with international support. This happened during the Cold War.

The same applies to Russia, but we have to note that India has a strong lobby at The Kremlin. And we are still wondering why we can't upgrade our current MiG-29s to SMT standards? The MiG-29 case was a controversial one, and there were good reasons for that.

It is safe to say that India's policy toward Bangladesh hasn't changed much since 1971.

We have to note that ammo and spares from the US are very expensive. So, it maybe a bit heavy on the wallet. Another factor we may have to take into account is what block will they be offering to us. Would they offer us the AMRAAM? Harpoon? And other goodies?

JF-17? It's a cost effective solution. But then, would they be willing to offer us the ones with the latest features? That I can't say even given our modest relations with India. And then...there is Burma, another potential candidate for the JF-17.

As far as the JF-17 goes, usually the best solution is the simplest one. An AWACS package would complete the deal.

Anyhow, BAF must weigh the available options carefully and that which is best suited for the country's interests. I'd really suggest some effective lobbying in Washington and Beijing, something we are pretty weak at.

MiG-21...

Why is it so hard for you to accept the MiG-21 has advantages over JF-17

mig hasn't been against JFT nor has JFT against mig thus it is pointless to falsely make a 50's/60's mig superior to a 2000ish JFT.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that a MiG-21 if outgunned can use its speed as its defense and make a tactical retreat

Once locked mig-21 would be a falling debris speed of locked missile against mig-21 rarely would mig escape.

far better than the JF-17.

Not proven not pitted against thus pointless post.

Why can't such a situation be compared with a JF-17? JF-17 will never face such a situation according to you?
Or are you implying multirole fighters don't have much speed because they have to concentrate on other capabilities? MiG-29 has both speed and multirole capabilities. So does the Su-27 & the F-15. Hell even the single engined multirole Gripen & Mirage-2000 has both. Just because JF-17 doesn't have speed, suddenly speed became a non-issue?

I am not sure who told you what, mach 1.8 is just fine. Have you check thrust to weight ratio mig-21 is 0.79 and JFT is 0.82 If Pakistan wanted wp-13 could have been installed instead of a russian RD- then there would have been considerable changes to the design along with lesser dry thrust around 40-44KN compared to RD series and then reliability issue. Have you compared notes J-7 engine(s) to mig-21 both having mach 2.0, if we go by your logic of speed advantage Pakistan could have opted and installed WP-13/F as interim solution.

USAF was so concerned about the time spent during a mission in the hostile hot zone

What is hostile hot zone or are you trying to say engagement zone.

they asked the designers to make F-22 raptor's speed high and at the same time fuel efficient. Hence super cruise was born. F-22 can reach 1.8M without using afterburners. With afterburners, it can reach 2.25M. I guess everyone are morons then, and only JF-17's designers and it's fanboys are right in keeping JF-17s speed low.

Not sure why morons have to compare and present F-22 to JF-17, so far I have not seen contractions from JF-17 supporters.

Your fight continue around mig-21 speed I told you WP-13/F is also mach 2.0 PAF could have opted for that engine but PAF knew China was working on an engine in the class with 98/100KN thrust and mach 2.0 with design specs some what similar to russian RD series thus it was feasible and much better option and generations ahead of WP-13 engine for PAF to opt for RD and wait for WS series.

Not again!

You are brilliant. At Mig-21 (Gen 3) 3rd generation starts and at F-7BG (Gen 3+) it matures and at JF-17 (Gen 3++) it masters. And how brilliant you are that you are comparing Gen 3 with Gen 3++. Bravo. Its like you are comparing north pole with south. Brilliant.

If you are falling short of info on the fighters then please, for your kind information visit my posts. You will find detailed there:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...d-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter-23.html#post2416933

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...d-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter-23.html#post2417116

Just because its fast does not mean its good for combat, not in today's combat grounds, where SAMS can speeds of 5 mach or above. The aircraft cant outrun the missile, but it can out-maneuver it. But it is near impossible to maneuver a jet travelling at 2+ mach.

So nowadays, the aircraft manufacturers are building jets that have lesser speed, as it is financially unwise to build mach 2 or above jets.

Yeah. Like:

Jet Speed
Mig-29K M 2.05
Mig-35 M 2.25
Su-30MKM M 1.9
J-10 M 2.2
EF-2000 M 2
Rafale M 1.9
JAS-39 M 2
F-15SE M 2.5
F-22 M 2.25
PAK-FA M 2.1
J-20 M 2.5 (Projected)

Not again!

You are brilliant. At Mig-21 (Gen 3) 3rd generation starts and at F-7BG (Gen 3+) it matures and at JF-17 (Gen 3++) it masters. And how brilliant you are that you are comparing Gen 3 with Gen 3++. Bravo. Its like you are comparing north pole with south. Brilliant.

If you are falling short of info on the fighters then please, for your kind information visit my posts. You will find detailed there:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...d-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter-23.html#post2416933

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...d-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter-23.html#post2417116

And again you are whining over the hearsay that the FC-1 is a 3rd generation plane.

No worries, no sane person is going to buy your BS.

Not again!

wow sir how intelligent you are?
now tell me what are the difference between 3rd and 3rd++ and 4th gen aircrafts?

with the block II upgrades the JFT will clearly no more a simple 4th gen fighter bt rather a 4th++

those spec you see on PAC and wiki are 5-6 years old.
the latests specs were revealed by jf-17 head from china side in dubai airshow..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...-explains-capability-jf-17-dubai-airshow.html

Now plzz after watching this get this into your mind forever

and still if you think JFT is a 3rd gen fighter than plzz explain.

though i am sure after watching this your false thinking will change

Sikhs and brains do not match each other. Their brains are in their stupid big ***.

racist comment i must say

i am nt a sikh.bt plzz dnt be racist

during the world cup days i was in a saloon when a sikh said(in abu dhabi) once ball striked with the bengali batsman head and the empire gave LBW.

after taking review it was confirmed that indeed the empire was right as the height of that bengali batsman was equal to the wickets height

:P
TIT for TAT

Dont see why people are acting like kids,
"India will block f-16 sales......"
"get jf 17 or tejas ........"
and all the 3rd gen crap.

The officers of the BD air force didnt just wake up one fine day and think, lets get some planes today.
My guess is that they needed a certain numbers of planes to ensure deterrence and that all of bd has air cover if some thing were to happen.(god forbid, one of the 3-4 growing economies in S.asia :D . lets keep the peace fellas.)

Its like us getting the SPYDER sams or phalcon awacs. We have LRSAM etc projects going on but for short term we needed some awacs, and fast.

Also if you remember, the mig 21 bison that we have(despite all the crashes) is a beast of an interceptor with the Israeli jamming pod and bvr capability.

Imho, smart move, getting some planes for cheap from china, saving for a bigger purchase in the future.

racist comment i must say

i am nt a sikh.bt plzz dnt be racist

during the world cup days i was in a saloon when a sikh said(in abu dhabi) once ball striked with the bengali batsman head and the empire gave LBW.

after taking review it was confirmed that indeed the empire was right as the height of that bengali batsman was equal to the wickets height

:P
TIT for TAT

THe umpire is wrong, there is no HBW in cricket :P

^ Tendulkar got out once head be4 wicket against Australia. He is not bengali.

the article says these are new generation aircrafts with Hotash, 3 monitor, Gps guiding... I don't have enough knowledge. professionals may shed some light here...

I Believe you can Put more bright Light on this.

now tell me what are the difference between 3rd and 3rd++ and 4th gen aircrafts?

with the block II upgrades the JFT will clearly no more a simple 4th gen fighter bt rather a 4th++

the latests specs were revealed by jf-17 head from china side in dubai airshow..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...-explains-capability-jf-17-dubai-airshow.html

Best to leave it to his delusions mate.

By the time the fool has learned the game the players have dispersed.

This troll can't prove his claims, leave him..

Even after beating the Bangali with height, you have failed to control Bangladesh. Which you are still trying and as before failing. Keep trying. But you shall never succeed. You know why? Because you keep your brains under your pillow. You as always come short on brains. And the short height Bangali bits you always in that and did manage to get you out of their country just using brain. Great going.

BANGLADESH ZINDABAD

WEll i never meant to be racist.nor i hate bangladesh or bengali.i rather admire them and call for official apology from bangladesh

my Post was in response to one of the bengali who said Sikh brain are in their A**.which i strongly disliked

BANGLADESH ZINDABAD

You are seeing the video now!!! Its a 3 months old video. If I take reference from there then JF-17 cann't even fire a PL-9 missile (according to that video). It says JF-17 can fire SD-10A (did not mention its range though). It says, JF-17 has advanced radar but also did not mentioned its detection range!! why? It say it has ECM but did not mentioned range!! why? At the begining of the presentation he said the most attractive part of the aircraft. And that was not its radar, not speed, not its manuverability, not even its rate of climb, what they say the most attractive part is cost. And thats what im saying as always that THE COST CANNT BE THE ONLY DETERMINANT FOR FUTURE AIRCRAFT.

heey talk abut F-7BG(GARBAGE ) AND stick on your topic i next post should be on F-7bg NOT JF-17 ITS MY LAST WARNING TO YOU I AM LOSING MY MIND NOW ON YOUR RANTS :angry: :angry: :angry: you post 100 on jf-17 and your topic is abut some thing else .and my dear MODs will wakeup now i hope so :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom