What's new

Bangladesh starts monitoring mosques, madrasas

Just a few dead bodies won't kill BAL. We need to empower and re-equip DGFI/NSI once BNP's back. Does the trick in the long run.

Most Awami top leaders including La-Hasina and her family, Awami intelectual like Shahriar kabir, muntasir mamun are RAW agents and rest are Awami chamchas. I believe RAW agents need to be take out from scene while cahmacas will evaporate in due time.

Yes, all security associated forces including military will be needing some serious make over.

The issues of militancy is present and we should not ignore it. This initiative should be applauded but as BAL is introducing it like any Bangladeshi who belives in our sovereignty I view it with suspicion. But let's not pretend issues does not exist, I believe it would be better to teach people about democracy and rule of law than to monitor mosques.

All BAL will get from that is confirmation that their days are numbered and no amount of Indian money will be enough to buy the next election.

Or, burning hell with full blown civil war between Muslim and munafiq.

People are waiting Patiently. Mark my word, if Awami fall by next election, you can expect dead bodies of Awami leaders on the street. They have already crossed the limit. It will not be pretty for Awami thugs for sure.

Does it not sound similar to a certain Zaid Hamid, wanting politicians to be hung on the streets??

The issues of militancy is present and we should not ignore it. This initiative should be applauded but as BAL is introducing it like any Bangladeshi who belives in our sovereignty I view it with suspicion. But let's not pretend issues does not exist, I believe it would be better to teach people about democracy and rule of law than to monitor mosques.

All BAL will get from that is confirmation that their days are numbered and no amount of Indian money will be enough to buy the next election.

True, but as I said, this initiative might backfire. The highly religious community will perceive it as an insult. Everything BAL does fuels extremism!

True, but as I said, this initiative might backfire. The highly religious community will perceive it as an insult. Everything BAL does fuels extremism!

Difficult to argue against your conclusion. Here's hoping BAL continues to do everything it can to completely detach itself from the fabric of the nation

Good move ,im pretty sure there working on similar initiatives by India(to some extent) and China.

Bangladesh checks mosques to push anti-militant message

AFP: Bangladesh checks mosques to push anti-militant message

(AFP) – 10 hours ago

DHAKA — Bangladesh has started monitoring the weekly sermons of the country's mosques to ensure clerics follow formal guidelines on highlighting the dangers of Islamic militancy, an official said Wednesday.

The government distributed the guidelines to more than 200,000 mosques several months ago, Shamim Mohammed Afzal, head of the government's Islamic Foundation, told AFP.

"We have set up an anti-militancy cell at the Islamic Foundation. Every week our officials monitor at least 10 mosques in Dhaka to see whether the clerics speak about militancy in their Friday sermons," he said.

Other government agencies were monitoring sermons in mosques across the rest of the country, he added.

Bangladesh was hit by series of blasts by Islamic militants in 2004-2005, which killed dozens of people and prompted fears that the world's fourth largest Muslim majority nation was becoming a militancy hot spot.

The government's elite security agencies responded with a massive crackdown on militant outfits, arresting more than 1,000 people. Six prominent leaders of a banned group were hanged in 2007.

Afzal said the guidelines had already had an impact with "fewer processions or meetings" by Islamist outfits in recent months.

"We've successfully convinced the clerics and Islamic teachers about the danger of militancy. They now speak against Maududi philosophy, which has harmed Islam in the sub-continent," he said.

Abul Ala Maududi, who died in 1979, was an Islamic revivalist leader who founded the Jamaat-e-Islami party, whose Bangladesh offshoot is the country's largest Islamic political grouping.

Months after taking office in 2009, the government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina banned a pan-Islamist group, Hizb ut Tahrir, for "destabilising" the country.

Last year it launched a plan to integrate hundreds of Islamic religious schools into the mainstream secular education system in a revamp costing $70 million.

The BD govt is learning from China I think.

In 2010, Shamim Afzal the DG of Islamic Foundation of Bangladesh forced Imams to see explicit dance performed by some western visitors after the end of training session. There was protest against that and Hasina neither condemned or took any action against this bigot.

Now Sheikh Mujib hindu heritage is coming to play as anti Muslim acts in Bangladesh. Bangladeshis will come under more monitoring and repression in their own country. Before 1971 Bangladeshis never faced with such repression from the regime.

The Daily Peoples View,Bangladesh Newspapers : link:www.peoples-view.net

Back
Top Bottom