What's new

Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Time for the islamic republic of Bangladesh to prove that the concept of Ummah is not just something that is used for politically suited interventions and online cheerleading..but a solid islamic concept whereby every Muslim is a brother to others and they will come to the aid of the oppressed brothers in difficult times..

No they cant get a choice whether they can live in Bangladesh, simply because they did not live there since independence or even before pakistan was created. However, they have been living in myanmar, as you claim, since th 18th century. So they do belong to Burma not bangladesh.

No, I said the earliest they could have arrived is the early 19th century. I'm sure many arrived much later. Irregardless, as far as the Burmese are concerned, they see them as Burmese as much as you see them as Bangladeshi. Rightly or wrongly, it's unlikely we will change our constitution to accommodate them. So the only fair thing in my view is to let them choose.

@kobiraaz

It does not matter what you choose to do in your country. It is a pre-requisite in most countries that those applying for citizenship speaks the language. It is better for all concerned, particularly the Rohingya, if they speak the language and understand some of the basic history and culture of Myanmar. Or else they will never integrate.

Why Bangladesh is turning them away. When someone's brother got homeless, he shares his own house with him instead of shedding crocodile tears.

Thats probably we are tired of this $hit. We have been doing it since 1978. This will only encourage the evil.

But I want them to let them in and take appropriate measure against Burmese. But only to let them in and do nothing later will encourage Burmese to act uncivilized.

It does not matter what you choose to do in your country. It is a pre-requisite in most countries that those applying for citizenship speaks the language. It is better for all concerned, particularly the Rohingya, if they speak the language and understand some of the basic history and culture of Myanmar. Or else they will never integrate.

Dude, these people are not applying for immigration in your country to meet some sort of prerequisite. Which world do you live in? Seems like Burmese still live in stone ages.

No, I said the earliest they could have arrived is the early 19th century. I'm sure many arrived much later. Irregardless, as far as the Burmese are concerned, they see them as Burmese as much as you see them as Bangladeshi. Rightly or wrongly, it's unlikely we will change our constitution to accommodate them. So the only fair thing in my view is to let them choose.

@kobiraaz

I dont think bangladesh is going to allow them to choose bangladesh as their home. We are already driving them away from our borders. And we re patriated some of the refugees who arrived here in 1991, after discussing with burma.

Its up to burma now to accept them as citizens and rohinyas to assimilate into the burmese society

I dont think bangladesh is going to allow them to choose bangladesh as their home. We are already driving them away from our borders. And we re patriated some of the refugees who arrived here in 1991, after discussing with burma.

Its up to burma now to accept them as citizens and rohinyas to assimilate into the burmese society

Well, I guess we have an impasse then. It is unlikely all those Rohingya will be accepted as citizens. Bangladesh has a duty to atleast allow refugess to enter, not only as a responsible UN member, but as a islamic nation with a responsibility towards islamic people.

What people are forgetting in all this is that the violence in Yakhine is two-way. Rohingya are inflicting the same sectarian violence towards the Yakhine. So far the police/riot police have been pretty restrained. Anyway, this is getting tiresome and taking the attention away from Daw Suu and her historic visit.

Either take them as your citizen with equal rights or face the multinational fleet on Arakan seashore

Hey, bengali boy. Why don't you go run around your parent's garden for a while with a toy machine gun pretending to invade Arakan. Then come back and you won't be so desperate for war.

Well, I guess we have an impasse then. It is unlikely all those Rohingya will be accepted as citizens. Bangladesh has a duty to atleast allow refugess to enter, not only as a responsible UN member, but as a islamic nation with a responsibility towards islamic people.

We support refugee to take shelter but not in a way to encourage the Burmese for more ethnic cleansing.

What people are forgetting in all this is that the violence in Yakhine is two-way. Rohingya are inflicting the same sectarian violence towards the Yakhine. So far the police/riot police have been pretty restrained. Anyway, this is getting tiresome and taking the attention away from Daw Suu and her historic visit.

We dont want to know whether its a two way or three way. Its your country. If you dont know how to rule that part of your country you better admit that. I am sure we have more than enough security forces to stretch themselves up to Akyub.

We have a duty to let refugees enter our territory, but the thing is we have already let many of them enter in 1978 as well as 1991. We are at full capacity. And if you are bringing about the context of islamic nations, you will also have to bring in other countries such as malaysia, indonesia, pakistan etc. not only bangladesh

Nobody is disagreeing that the violence there is one sided, and it is good that your police force is showing restrain. I think its time for Arakanese and Rohingyas to end the violence, perhaps they should work on a peace deal between the communities

We support refugee to take shelter but not in a way to encourage the Burmese for more ethnic cleansing.

We dont want to know whether its a two way or three way. Its your country. If you dont know how to rule that part of your country you better admit that. I am sure we have more than enough security forces to stretch themselves up to Akyub.

It's your people. The quicker you people accept this the better for the resolution. The government could quite easily "rule" that part of the country through force but let's hope it doesn't get to that.

Why don't you and the guy with a terrorist as his avatar go meet up and play soldiers. You can both pretend you are great bengali warriors invading Sittway.

Burma riots: What the media isn’t telling you

Read this thread you troll. Do you want us to believe a troll like you racist bigot?

Eventually beyond a point India will have to step in and stop the bloodshed. But as it has happened elsewhere for other boat people, its going to be an impasse at best. Once the seed of hatred has taken root, the local majority is jst going to simmer till things eventually boil over at a later date. Bangladesh taking them in is not the answer. They will have to learn to live peacefuly and integrate seamlessly on their own land. Or they will be slaughtered.

We have a duty to let refugees enter our territory, but the thing is we have already let many of them enter in 1978 as well as 1991. We are at full capacity. And if you are bringing about the context of islamic nations, you will also have to bring in other countries such as malaysia, indonesia, pakistan etc. not only bangladesh

Nobody is disagreeing that the violence there is one sided, and it is good that your police force is showing restrain. I think its time for Arakanese and Rohingyas to end the violence, perhaps they should work on a peace deal between the communities

Yes, ideally that is the most opportune outcome. But I think there is far too much mutual animosity for that to be possible. One of the most salient points I have been making since I came on here is that the resolution MUST involve Bangladesh. I see no alternative.

Brother you dont understand the root cause of the problem. Even though this violence subside for the time being, the problem will not just go away. Burmese bengalis will always try to come to Bangladesh as they are not treated as citizen and are not permitted in any job. So its one way or other ethnic cleansing by encouraging them to leave the country by the govt of Burma.

Eventually beyond a point India will have to step in and stop the bloodshed. But as it has happened elsewhere for other boat people, its going to be an impasse at best. Once the seed of hatred has taken root, the local majority is jst going to simmer till things eventually boil over at a later date. Bangladesh taking them in is not the answer. They will have to learn to live peacefuly and integrate seamlessly on their own land. Or they will be slaughtered.

India does not have the required leverage in Myanmar to stop this.

Back
Top Bottom