What's new

Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Just a question. You guys are buddhists right? Since when did you get so aggro and violent man? No offence, but here in India we associate Buddhism as a religion of peace and non violence.

Well, people are people unfortunately. What a person believes does not always reflect their outlook. Just the same with you Hindus: doesn't Hiduism preclude anyone practicing the faith to join the army?

But the Rohingya are a special case as no one, not the government, not the Arakanese, not the people of Burma recognise them as being stakeholders in the Union of Myanmar. Reversing segregation and providing opportunities is almost impossible in such a fractious environment such as that in Arakan.

That's unfortunate. It's clear why the UN considers them to be one of the most discriminated against groups on the planet.

Or they could try living in peace?

This "self determination thing" does not end well anywhere.

We live in a region that has enough examples.

Well, people are people unfortunately. What a person believes does not always reflect their outlook. Just the same with you Hindus: doesn't Hiduism preclude anyone practicing the faith to join the army?

LOL where do you get that?? Hinduism have their own varna for soldiers.

Or they could try living in peace?

This "self determination thing" does not end well anywhere.

We live in a region that has enough examples.

We have a beutiful country now and that did not come easy too.. LOL

UN is not toothless if a state start backing Rohingiyas. They need support the rest will fall in place. BD needs to take the bold decision and play its role in it. I am sure at the end, half of Arakan can be sanctioned to Rohingyas from UN.

Can you name one example where the UN has helped a people in such? Just off the top of my head I cannot.

Not that I know of no. Hindu armies have been roaming our land for millenia now.

Let me rephrase. Hinduism teaches pacifism yet Hindus fight wars and form armies. My point is human nature transcends any and all religious outlooks.

Timur Lane wasn't related to Chengiz. Timur was a turk.

Turkish people themselves originate from Central Asia. This is why citizens of Present day Turkey , Uzbekistan, Krgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan can understand each others dialect.

Tamerlane was a descendent of Genghis Khan ( Chengez Khan ). Please educate yourself.

Tamerlane

Let me rephrase. Hinduism teaches pacifism yet Hindus fight wars and form armies. My point is human nature transcends any and all religious outlooks.

You have a point. Even Buddhism started with the spilling of a whole lot of blood. So be it.

I just find off late too many examples of Muslim minorities not integrating and fitting well into their host milieu. I think it is more than a coincidence and needs a global introspection.

It teaches pacifism as well as fighting(for moral duties). All religion teaches the same except perhaps budhhism and jainism

Back
Top Bottom