What's new

Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Have you ever seen such weird discussion in Bangladesh? Most of the Bangladeshis have no idea about their great grandfathers....This Jat, paat, rokto , bongsho are not important here, taka jar mulluk tar
Oh come on I have heard so many hyperbolic statement from Bangladeshis. Timurid origin of Bangladeshis, sirders are as pathan as it gets, sylhate is 80 % Turkic, barishal is 70 % Persian etc etc.

Its only us Indian who are proud of being what we are, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi , Tamil etc.

What is a warrior class? Anyone can be a warrior given good motivation and training! This genetic warrior thingy is useless... If it is true that means that group is hot tampered uses strength instead of using brain....!

Exactly........

What is a warrior class? Anyone can be a warrior given good motivation and training! This genetic warrior thingy is useless... If it is true that means that group is hot tampered uses strength instead of using brain....!

Culture that is. There's no such thing as genetic warrior.

We don't have that in our ancient history from what I know.

Oh come on I have heard so many hyperbolic statement from Bangladeshis. Timurid origin of Bangladeshis, sirders are as pathan as it gets, sylhate is 80 % Turkic, barishal is 70 % Persian etc etc.

Its only us Indian who are proud of being what we are, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi , Tamil etc.

We are Bongos. But Muslim first :D

Duuh. Thats because Indian muslims are Indian. They are neither imports nor half-breeds.

Well closest you can get to someone believing that ur white is if u say your kashmiri in india :P

Those discussion comes while talking to indians and pakistanis.

It's a tough situation.

By taking the refugees, they are helping the Burmese ethnic cleansing. By rejecting them, they are condemning them to possible death.
Thanks for posting on topic.... This is the third time... It happened once in 1978, again in 1991, now in 2012. Bangladesh recieved them twice before! But later myanmar refused to take them back!! I don't see any other option except Military intervention in Myanmar!

Well closest you can get to someone believing that ur white is if u say your kashmiri in india :P

Indians are brown. Bangladeshis are brown. Pakistanis are brown. Just that there are various shades of brown, and internally its all comparative and contextual.

You simply need to visit a white nation and spot a desi from a mile away to know how pettily foolish such discussions are.

At best the really fair amoungst us would pass for a Hispanic. Don't kid yourselves with your gora fetishes and jars of creams and powders.

Pakistanis who moved to India were mostly Hindu... Hindus look like Indians...

Indians who moved to Pakistan looked like Indians...

Compare your average Sindhi to average Bihari, compare your avergae Pushtun to UP dweller, coPunjabi to your average Indian... Thats what I mean.

But Pakistani Hindus who moved to India were Hindu Punjabi, sindhi etc. Unless you are saying that hindu Punjabi and sindhis look different than Muslim Punjabi, sindhis.

Akbar's mother was Sindhi. Bangladeshis which have Asian features are Austro-Asiatic in origin, not Mongol.
Hamida Banu Begum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamida Banu Begum was born in 1527 to Shaikh Ali Akbar Jami, a Persian Shia, and a friend and preceptor to Mirza Hindal, the youngest son of first Mughal Emperor and Humayun's father Babur. Ali Akbar Jami was also known as Mir Baba Dost, who belonged to the lineage of Ahmad Jami Zinda-fil. Hamida Banu's mother was Mah Afraz Begum, who married Ali Akbar Jami in Paat, Sindh.
Sheikh Ahmad-e Jami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
478px-Sheikh_Ahmad_Jami_Stute.jpg

Akbar's mother was half persian and other half from a Sindhi family of Persian origin, not a Sindhi Hindu, which you tried to imply.

There are Austro Asiatic as well Tibeto-Burman and all different kinds among our ancestors like Adivasi, Shudra, but there are Turkics and Turko-Mongols as well in some families who settled down in this area since Bakhtiar (a Khilji Turk) took over Bengal. But according to you there was no Central Asians that moved to Bengal between 1200-1757.

Lets get back to topic please.

Also when I compare a Punjabi to average an Indian do I get to compare him to to an average Indian Punjabi. It's all too confusing. I suggest you to look up the thread where many Pakistanis and Indian posted their pictures.

Hamida Banu Begum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sheikh Ahmad-e Jami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Akbar's mother was half persian and other half from a Sindhi family of Persian origin, not a Sindhi Hindu, which you tried to imply.

There are Austro Asiatic as well Tibeto-Burman and all different kinds among our ancestors like Adivasi, Shudra, but there are Turkics and Turko-Mongols as well in some families who settled down in this area since Bakhtiar (a Khilji Turk) took over Bengal. But according to you there was no Central Asians that moved to Bengal between 1200-1757.

Lets get back to topic please.

I didn't imply anything, I said Akbar's mother was a Sindhi and I stand correct at my statement.

There could be some Central Asian who moved but not enough to have any effect on already existing gene pool. Turk Nabwabs had their capital in Murshidabad, many of them have moved to Bihar(and then West Pakistan as Mohajirs) and rest to Calcutta after English came. It's not logical to assume that most of them would move to rural East Bengal of all places and till land with rest of East Bengal's population.

^Okay, can we now all get back on topic other than proving our wits about how special we are? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom