What's new

Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Which is more racist, burmese calling bangladeshis as kalar(Indian) or bangladeshis calling this burmese Indian because he can write good English. :)

The risk of taking part in an insurgency is very high! Previously Our Govt. gave shelter to ULFA leaders and they didn't cause any trouble to the country! But who knows Jihadis are different. They don't listen to Logic. Only a book ( Quran)! See whats happening in Pakistan? Taleban actually trying to establish Shariah in pakistan.. So rohingya insurgency should be a nationalistic one, Not JIHAD.

You folks need to stop engaging this troll, just ignore him.

In fact he made his position clear with regard to Rohingyas. They are unwilling to accept anyone as their citizens whose forefathers are supposed to have had migrated from regions outside the current border of Myanmar even though that might have happened some 200years ago. Instead they think these people belong to the land their ancestors had supposedly migrated from. But somehow they discovered that that's not acceptable to the civilized world outside and considered as savage ethics. That's why they seem to have given up any overt attempt of sending the Rohingyas to Bangladesh.

You can't blame alaungphaya and his compatriots for holding views that are not acceptable to the civilized world. They haven't yet reached that level of sophistication. Burma has for decades been secluded from the rest of the world and probably it would take some more decades for them to catch up with the views of the outside world.

Jamat e islami can be said to have extremist ideology if we can brand RSS of extremism. Jamat isn't particularly known to have tolerant views to non Islamic faith. One just need to read what maududi has preached.

Note : jamat e ulema e HIND has gone through radical changes since independence so they are exempt of the above comment.

Jamat can be compared to Bajrang Dal, not even to VHP let alone RSS.

In fact he made his position clear with regard to Rohingyas. They are unwilling to accept anyone as their citizens whose forefathers are supposed to have had migrated from regions outside the current border of Myanmar even though that might have happened some 200years ago. Instead they think these people belong to the land their ancestors had supposedly migrated from. But somehow they discovered that that's not acceptable to the civilized world outside and considered as savage ethics. That's why they seem to have given up any overt attempt of sending the Rohingyas to Bangladesh.

You can't blame alaungphaya and his compatriots for holding views that are not acceptable to the civilized world. They haven't yet reached that level of sophistication. Burma has for decades been secluded from the rest of the world and probably it would take some more decades for them to catch up with the views of the outside world.

Forgive me. What part of sending back voluntary refugees and attempting to incite an islamic jihad inside Arakan is civilised?. My backward, Burmese brain just can't comprehend.

In fairness, I do think the Rohingya should be able to choose where they would rather settle but no society can truly contain sectarian violence. I also hold firm that BD should have a role to play.

Forgive me. What part of sending back voluntary refugees and attempting to incite an islamic jihad inside Arakan is civilised?. My backward, Burmese brain just can't comprehend.

In fairness, I do think the Rohingya should be able to choose where they would rather settle but no society can truly contain sectarian violence. I also hold firm that BD should have a role to play.

1. There is a shocking news today. The refugees being thrown out by the Burmese forces and ALP have been denied entry into Muslim majority BD. These poor people have been spending days in boats between BD and Burma. A lot of people have already died in these boats because of the injuries they were carrying and absence of food and water. This is far worse than the Thai troops sending these refugees on boats out into the sea. They had provided them food, medicine and water. BD had joined the world in criticizing the Thais.

2. ALP is Arakan Liberation Party which is a Rakhine armed group. They have recently signed a peace deal with the Burmese. They are employed in the micro level in this genocide. Today, Friday, massacres of Muslims was planned in Rangoon and Maungdaw when people would return from prayers in groups. Somehow the Muslims got to know, and in Rangoon the prayers were held earlier than schedule. In Moungdaw no body went for the prayers in the mosque. Rohingyas fear BD's attitude has encouraged the Burmese in their project of clearing Arakan of all :kalas:.

3. Normally in the bordering area people are anti-refugee and there have been anti-Rohingya processions in the past. Now the situation is totally changed. People wait with cooked food for their fellow Muslims to come over. The Police and BGB on duty are totally sympathetic to the Rohingyas, and authorities may not be able to restrain them for long.

4. Dr Mohammad Yunus, one of the leaders of RNU (Rohingya National Unity) which OIC, EUROBURMA and others recognize, was on Al Jajira being interviewed. Advocate Nurul Islam the other leader is also on his way to Washington DC. If BD refuses to act to look after these people, then a situation may arise when an international force could be sent to protect these people. International community have an obligation towards all human beings.

5. Under BAL and Sheikh Family Corpn, BD's defense and foreign policies are controlled from Delhi. Why do you think BD cricket team's Pak tour was canceled? Court decision was just B/S. India closely monitors all activities of BD through the Dhaka Committee to ensure that BD remains subservient, in political turmoil, with a weak economy and does not achieve anything good or anything that could give her a good image. Under no circumstances will India allow BD to befriend Muslim nations or show that it belongs to the Muslim camp. BD should slowly forget its Muslim identity and become secularist - so that an annexation is smoother.

Since we are getting off-topic... The term 'Mohajir' (please don't say 'MohaZir'!) is not derogatory at all. They are (or we are, since I am one) are the most prosperous, industrious, educated community in Pakistan, spread over several major urban areas of Sindh. They are also amongst the most patriotic Pakistanis, and have held some of the most prominent political positions...the list can go on and on about all aspects of life: culture, entertainment, sports...
That they are called 'Mohajir' is a left-over from the early days of the 1947 Partition. And that too mostly because, unlike other refugees in the sub-continent around the Partition the Mohajirs essentially were concentrated in some areas where they helped build so much for the new country; unlike almost all other refugees, the Mohajirs became a majority in the very first capital of the new nation of Pakistan. There was no need to change the 'identity' for that successful group which was the majority. BTW, I prefer a sub-identity of 'New Sindhis' instead of Mohajirs. But it won't establish. As to the difference in appearance, I don't think it is as stark as some racist 'native born' Pakistanis make it sound like, especially comparing Mohajirs with the Sindhis. But then there are always some who only feel good by putting down others.

Back to the topic:
BD may not taken them in refugees but turning back starving, miserable refugees is very hard to recommend. If some of the comments above are true then there is already a middle ground found where refugees are unofficially taken care of. And, yes, Myanmar should not be allowed to conduct its ethnic-cleansing.

PS. Sounds like one more disaster of demographics left behind by the British colonialists?

1. There is a shocking news today. The refugees being thrown out by the Burmese forces and ALP have been denied entry into Muslim majority BD. These poor people have been spending days in boats between BD and Burma. A lot of people have already died in these boats because of the injuries they were carrying and absence of food and water. This is far worse than the Thai troops sending these refugees on boats out into the sea. They had provided them food, medicine and water. BD had joined the world in criticizing the Thais.

2. ALP is Arakan Liberation Party which is a Rakhine armed group. They have recently signed a peace deal with the Burmese. They are employed in the micro level in this genocide. Today, Friday, massacres of Muslims was planned in Rangoon and Maungdaw when people would return from prayers in groups. Somehow the Muslims got to know, and in Rangoon the prayers were held earlier than schedule. In Moungdaw no body went for the prayers in the mosque. Rohingyas fear BD's attitude has encouraged the Burmese in their project of clearing Arakan of all :kalas:.

3. Normally in the bordering area people are anti-refugee and there have been anti-Rohingya processions in the past. Now the situation is totally changed. People wait with cooked food for their fellow Muslims to come over. The Police and BGB on duty are totally sympathetic to the Rohingyas, and authorities may not be able to restrain them for long.

4. Dr Mohammad Yunus, one of the leaders of RNU (Rohingya National Unity) which OIC, EUROBURMA and others recognize, was on Al Jajira being interviewed. Advocate Nurul Islam the other leader is also on his way to Washington DC. If BD refuses to act to look after these people, then a situation may arise when an international force could be sent to protect these people. International community have an obligation towards all human beings.

5. Under BAL and Sheikh Family Corpn, BD's defense and foreign policies are controlled from Delhi. Why do you think BD cricket team's Pak tour was canceled? Court decision was just B/S. India closely monitors all activities of BD through the Dhaka Committee to ensure that BD remains subservient, in political turmoil, with a weak economy and does not achieve anything good or anything that could give her a good image. Under no circumstances will India allow BD to befriend Muslim nations or show that it belongs to the Muslim camp. BD should slowly forget its Muslim identity and become secularist - so that an annexation is smoother.

Strong claims indeed. Can you provide us with a source for any of these claims? I hope it isn't the Keladan Press.

Furthermore, how can this be called a 'genocide'. This is ethnic conflict or sectarian violence. Western media has already reported around equal numbers to Muslim and Buddhist deaths and no more than around 30-40. Even the army still hasn't been deployed. Sabotaging islamic calls to prayer in Yangon? Sounds entirely like agit-prop.

I am sure if Burmes were given a choice between Choosing Burma and United States, All Burma will be empty the next day. So, No BD can not be a part of ethnic cleansing but only could contribute through troops on the ground.

It is inhuman not to let Refugee in. But we had been staging the same drama for the last 40 years. Its not the first time. Now we need some action on the ground. So a insurgency should be an option or UN backed foreign troops in Arakan.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012
After seeing an empty boat floating in the Naf river in the midnight, Border Guard Bangladesh personnel went close to it and found a one and a half months old baby alone on the vessel.

It took two and a half hours to the BGB men to go close to the boat and rescue the baby, said Maj Md Saiful Wadud, operation officer of BGB, Teknaf said.

The team handed over the baby to one Kabir, a local people, for taking care of it, he said.
I saw the kid on TV yesterday when a lady was feeding. No one can control tears on eyes seeing that. If the same thing happens to that b$st$rd dipu moni's kid as well as the ones who are supporting the push back, I'll be the happiest one. It's unimaginable that kid was alone on that boat floating in the mid of river.

I saw the kid on TV yesterday when a lady was feeding. No one can control tears on eyes seeing that. If the same thing happens to that b$st$rd dipu moni's kid as well as the ones who are supporting the push back, I'll be the happiest one. It's unimaginable that kid was alone on that boat floating in the mid of river.

I didn't know Mickey Mooney was a guy :lol:

There was even one AL chap who said that he'd wear sarree in the event that AL wins the elections. Forgot the fat old chap's name.

Maybe the AL are gay?

Myanmar ethnic cleansing will continue as Bamar majority and Rakhine Buddhists agree on this policy. Rohingya's do not have citizenship according to their constitution. Someone has to stand up to save the Rohingya otherwise they will eventually be cleansed/purged from their land. Out of 2 million, they have already kicked out about 1.2 million. So here is what I propose:

- Bangladesh as the closest ethnic group to Rohingya's and the most affected refugee recipient of this ethnic cleansing, should take up this humanitarian cause and present it on world stage
- but we cannot do this under RAWamy Indian puppets, so we need to wait till these idiots are kicked out from power
- once RAWamy's are out and BNP is in, I recommend the following policy
- present to UN their 1982 citizenship law and ask for security council and general assembly resolution to oust Myanmar from UN, since their 1982 constitution many UN charters including the Declaration of Human Rights
- present to ASEAN the same issue and ask them to oust Myanmar from ASEAN
- approach all country's that have relationship with Myanmar to freeze their relationship with this rogue country
- after we exhaust all effort to change behavior of this country and its people, we should write off the uncaring countries as callous sanctimonious bastards, which is actually the real condition for most of humanity, so we should not waste too much time on these fruitless diplomatic efforts, but we should be ready to take notice and downgrade our relationship with all countries that do not cooperate with us. We will have to be aggressive and make them choose, between Myamar or Bangladesh, either you are with us or against us
- then we should support a full scale insurgency by the Rohingya's, by arming them to teeth, in the meantime, we will get ready for a full scale war with these bastards
- the goal would be to carve out a buffer state from a part of Arakan/Rakhine state along Bangladesh border which will a de facto vassal state for Bangladesh with eventual goal of annexation into Bangladesh

The only other option is to kiss the dirty Bamar/Rakhine/Mog a&& and take all Rohingya's into our country and deal with them. The option to leave thing as is will continue to affect Bangladesh Myanmar relations for decades till the Rohingya's are completely purged, which is essentially the same as taking them all in but wasting time in the process.

Some may ask, what about future Myanmar-Bangladesh relations, I would say screw that, you can have relationship with human beings, but you cannot have relationship with animals and the animals will either submit to you or bite you. I say we make them submit to the the laws of humanity and equal rights. The whole world will be with us, or some of them will, even if no one is with us, I say we go in and take care of it on our own.

I am now going to post this on all Myanmar related threads.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ethnic-cleansing-stopped-3.html#ixzz1xtUMBO93

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom