Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Pakistanisage

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
113 more refugees on 3 trawlers pushed back

Bangladesh border and coast guards pushed back three more trawlers with 113 people aboard on Wednesday afternoon as they entered Bangladesh through Cox's Bazar for refuge from sectarian violence in Rakhine state.

The first trawler carrying 30 Myanmar nationals was pushed back around 12:00pm, the second at about 5:00pm with 44 people and the last one at 5:30pm with 39 people on board, our Chittagong correspondent reports quoting Captain Kamrul Islam, operation officer of BGB 42 battalion.

Earlier on the same day, four trawlers and a boat carrying 124 Myanmar nationals were intercepted while entering Bangladesh illegally.

The BGB and coast guard personnel seized those starting from 12midnight till filing of this report at 9:00pm, the correspondent said quoting second-in-command of BGB 44 battalion Maj Shafiqur Rahman.

After seeing an empty boat floating in the Naf river in the midnight, Border Guard Bangladesh personnel went close to it and found a one and a half months old baby alone on the vessel.

It took two and a half hours to the BGB men to go close to the boat and rescue the baby, said Maj Md Saiful Wadud, operation officer of BGB, Teknaf said.

The team handed over the baby to one Kabir, a local people, for taking care of it, he said.

BGB seized a trawler carrying 44 Myanmarese near Gularchar of Teknaf around 4:00am while a patrol team of Bangladesh Coast Guard seized another trawler with 39 passengers at St Martin.

The border guards noticed one more trawler at the mouth of the Naf river and the Bay around 7:00am. They seized and brought the vessel, which was carrying 30 people, to a nearby jetty.

The guards with the help of local people provided the intruders with dry foods, water and saline.

BGB and coast guards on Monday pushed back 11 boats carrying around 500 Myanmar nationals when they tried to enter Bangladesh to flee the turmoil of their country where dozens of people were killed in a riot between Muslims and Buddhists.

The boarder guards are on high alert as Bangladesh government on Tuesday decided not to allow any refugee from Myanmar and asked the administration and law enforcement agencies to beef up vigilance and resist intrusion.

On the other hand, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in a briefing on the same day urged the government to allow the people seeking refuge in the country from sectarian clashes in the Rakhine state of Myanmar.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=38369

I am disappointed by the Bangladeshi people. They are little people with little hearts. I am not just saying this to be mean but I say this because I have noticed this tendency amongst Bangladeshis that they are first in line to extract the last benefit and the last freebee out of other countries but never offer anything to anyone.

ALWAYS THE TAKERS AND NEVER THE GIVERS.

I say this as a proud Pakistani whose country accommodated 3,500,000 Afghans ( the World's largest refugee Population ).

For heaven's Bangladesh, these are Burmese Muslims who have been slaughtered by Myanmar (Burma).

Have you no shame ?

I am disappointed by the Bangladeshi people. They are little people with little hearts. I am not just saying this to be mean but I say this because I have noticed this tendency amongst Bangladeshis that they are first in line to extract the last benefit and the last freebee out of other countries but never offer anything to anyone.

I say this as a proud Pakistani whose country accommodated 3,500,000 Afghans ( the World's largest refugee Population ).

For heaven's Bangladesh, these are Burmese Muslims who have been slaughtered by Myanmar (Burma).

Have you no shame ?

There are 300 000 to 500 000 rohingyas refugees in our country. The population of rohingyas in burma is 750 000. Our population is very close to that of pakistan but pakistan is 6 times bigger than us with a lot of natural resources. We dont have the luxury of land and resources.

We let them in the 80's and 1991 since burma was persecuting them. After the persecution ended we wanted burma to take them back, but they refused saying they are muslims therefore they belong to bangladesh and are not burmese even though they have been living there since the 14th century

We have no problem taking refugees, but the thing is the burmese government themselves are pushing rohingyas into our teritory. The burmese have done the same thing with other minorities, like trying to push the karen people into thailand.

Have you no shame ?

They are overpopulated... They can't take refugees...

Have you no shame ?

And receiving millions if not billions of dollars as aid from west for them. Drop that holier than thou attitude and give the stranded biharis citizenship first. They are more loyal to Pakistan than Afghanis. But I guess they are also little people with little heart.

I have seen picture of those in morning newspaper .ladies are crying .man is crying with folded hands ..children are sleeping and one can see all bones beneath their skin ..it seems they have not eaten for days .total misery picture ..bangladesh should do something for sake of humanity

And receiving millions if not billions of dollars as aid from west for them. Drop that holier than thou attitude and give the stranded biharis citizenship first. They are more loyal to Pakistan than Afghanis. But I guess they are also little people with little heart.

where in the hell did biharis come from?...

There are 300 000 to 500 000 rohingyas refugees in our country. The population of rohingyas in burma is 750 000. Our population is very close to that of pakistan but pakistan is 6 times bigger than us with a lot of natural resources. We dont have the luxury of land and resources.

We let them in the 80's and 1991 since burma was persecuting them. After the persecution ended we wanted burma to take them back, but they refused saying they are muslims therefore they belong to bangladesh and are not burmese even though they have been living there since the 14th century

We have no problem taking refugees, but the thing is the burmese government themselves are pushing rohingyas into our teritory. The burmese have done the same thing with other minorities, like trying to push the karen people into thailand.
rohingyas have the right to enjoy resoucr of any mslim land as that is the will of alah!

@Labong, you have been toking too much on the bong lately, so I can see how it has affected your brain. The harm to Pakistan's economy and infrastructure has been 10 times any aid. BTW the aid was to feed those 3.5 million, so how did Pakistan benefit from it. Besides they are a pest and refuse to go back to their country. We paid heavily for these ingrates and now they have the audacity to live in our country and bad mouth. They are free to leave so why are they still in Pakistan ?

As far as Biharis are concerned they are not stranded Biharis, they are stranded Pakistanis in my books and I would love to have them back in Pakistan.

@Labong, you have been toking too much bong lately, so I can see how it has affected your brain. The harm to Pakistan's economy and infrastructure has been 10 times any aid. BTW the aid was to feed those 3.5 million, so how did Pakistan benefit from it. Besides they are a pest and refuse to go back to their country. We paid heavily for these ingrates and now they have the audacity to live in our country and bad mouth. They are free to leave so why are they still in Pakistan ?

Just pointing out the fact that you haven't accepted the Afghans because of your supposed bigger heart but were trying to pull off your own geo political game which gone bad over the time. Your bigger hearts should have been cried more for the stranded Biharis in UN camps of Bangladesh.

Just pointing out the fact that you haven't accepted the Afghans because of your supposed bigger heart but were trying to pull off your own geo political game which gone bad over the time. Your bigger hearts should have been cried more for the stranded Biharis in UN camps of Bangladesh.

By the way, are'nt Biharis originally from Bihar ?

I will get our Biharis back as soon as I can get my UP and Bihar States back which are currently occupied by India.

Remember this, in our lifetime we will get Northern India back. I am a full blooded Mughal and have a claim on all of Northern and Central India and plan on getting my land back from Indian Occupation.

Put that in your Bong and smoke that my friend.

pakistanis: ok first you need to understand the situation here.... Do you know the aim or purpose of this riot? Let me tell you, the land is called Arakan which was conquered by britain in 1840. So they took many muslims from bengal to work there.. Many other muslims were living in that area from early 1400 who were linked with Arab sailors who came to bay of bengal and used arakan as a route to China.. But Myanmar consider muslims as outsider... They want to expel them from Arakan. This is why they renamed Arakan as Rakhaine state, Rakhaine is a buddhist group there.. they want to expel those muslims from Myanmar and dump them in Bangladesh. They want bangladesh to recieve them! We Bangladeshis want to help our brothers, but allowing them into our land will benefit myanmar actually.....

our navy is not hostile to Rohingyas. The Rohingyas are coming by boat. navy is not allowing them to enter and they floating near saint martin region. They are getting food, oil from both navy and Bangladeshi villagers ....Even some Bangladeshi villagers are going to them with food by boat... Those who were injured were taken to hospitals.

do yot guys know Jinnah is kinda responsible for this. When pakistan was born, rohingyas requested him several time to take part of Arakan into Pakistan and he ignored. This is why when Myanmar got independence in the following year, they considered those Muslims as traitor and they were never allowed to integrate with common people.

I will get our Biharis back as soon as I can get my UP and Bihar States which are currently occupied by India back.

Remember this, in our lifetime we will get Northern India back. I am a full blooded Mughal and have a claim on all of Northern and Central India and plan on getting my land back from Indian Occupation.

:lol: Full blooded Mughal.

I will get our Biharis back as soon as I can get my UP and Bihar States which are currently occupied by India back.

Afghans are also originally from Afghanistan, Rohingyas are from Myanmar, what's your point? Biharis are subcontinental Muslims who fought for Pakistan, that alone should be enough for Pakistan to accept them.

You are welcome to return to your ancestral motherland, just apply for citizenship and follow due procedure.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom