What's new

Bangladesh proposes procurement of high-end military equipment from US

It will likely be Block 70/72 if new builds.

Block 60/61 is for UAE only.
Idk if Bangladesh is trying to get US stocks, but f16 isn’t likely to come soon

http://www.f-16.net/news_article188.html
Blast from the past my friend. Enjoy
I know about this my friend. And they were right. A poor Bangladesh of the time with more than 70% poverty rate at the time, did not need f16s

You are so predictable ! American support for our f 16 programme is CONTINUOUS!
“The US State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale (FMS) to Pakistan for Technical Security Team (TST) in continued support of the F-16 programme for an estimated cost of $125 million,” said an official notification sent to the US Congress on Friday. This was a few months back.
We are still a viper owning country. We might get some brand new jets soon from the US.We just don't like to be dependent or be put in a blackmailing position.Thats why we developed the JF-17 which is now better than the f16 due to block 3.Funny you mention geopolitics. A game Bangladesh left in 1971. You are irrelevant in the great game. If you had any sense you would have prefered jf17 for your country. But no you want the glamorous name the brand name. Well guess what you are never getting the f16. Cooperation in defence and you stretched it to f16s. The only way you get f16s is if you become slave to America and fight china. That aint happening soo....bye bye to f16. Buy some indian jets
Yeah that’s why the last you tried to buy Jordanian stocks were denied. oh and good luck with you guys being a as important as you think you’re. That’s after you’re out of your debts ofc.

Yeah that’s why the last you tried to buy Jordanian stocks were denied
:D You really dont know what you are talking about do you....
http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4852.html

I will gift Bangladesh with immense power.
Sure you will. You will give them gunships and other stuff. But not top of the line jets.
Why give them immense power. Why do they need to do with immense power. They have immense problems like health and education and poverty. But their fanboys are busy wanking on about jets. Lol...
US aint givin them squat until 2026

Awesome. But if it takes 4 years to sign GSOMIA then no fighters in 4 years? Or I am missing something?

Apache and F/A-18 Super Hornet will be awesome. Hornets can do naval strike too.

:D You really dont know what you are talking about do you....
http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4852.html

Sure you will. You will give them gunships and other stuff. But not top of the line jets.
Why give them immense power. Why do they need to do with immense power. They have immense problems like health and education and poverty. But their fanboys are busy wanking on about jets. Lol...
US aint givin them squat until 2026

a few points.

he is correct about the Jordanian f-16s being blocked. There was a plan for a follow on order from Jordan for another batch of 15 or so but that hasn’t happened unexplainably.

also issues with education health and poverty are South Asian problems in general and not specific to Bangladesh.

the US always does things for a reason. You and I have no idea why they would seek arms sales to Bangladesh. But by all accounts Bangladesh has money and a plan to spend on expansion of its armed forces.

read the articles and focus on the words of the unnamed US officials. For what it’s worth they sound encouraging unlike the past.

Awesome. But if it takes 4 years to sign GSOMIA then no fighters in 4 years? Or I am missing something?

Apache and F/A-18 Super Hornet will be awesome. Hornets can do naval strike too.

Although I wish we had Gripen E/E. Toyota Corolla of fighter jets, reliable and cheap to operate yet very potent.

USA has F-16, F-15 and F-18 to offer and i think BD will go with F-16..

another Nightmare and RandiRona from Gangus..

Dont go with US equipment, or you will be stuck with them and their mood swings like Pakistan. Also, dont go for F16s in case production shifts to India.

Learn from Pakistani mistakes.

Bangladesh needs protection from an increasingly assertive India, what else.
pakistan should loan some $$$ to Bdesh (of course by borrowing it from china).

how about giving them 4 sqd of JF-17 blk3..

I think Bangladesh should ask some kind of grant from US, refurbished F16 Block 52 like what Indonesia got is something that Bangladesh could ask. Indonesia only need to pay about 750 million USD for refurbished 24 F 16 Block 52. It should be considered as stop gap before Bangladesh acquire 5 generation fighter after 2030.

If it is a new plane, I prefer Chinese J 10 or JF 17 blk 3 as mentioned by Pakistani friend.

More on US and Indonesia refurbished F 16 Block 52

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/indonesia-regeneration-and-upgrade-f-16cd-block-25-aircraft

Oh man F-18 super Hornet and Apache combination, awesome. The Apache looks confirmed, it will be great to see it going over the waterways and thick forests of Bangladesh.
Now I hope the BAF goes for the Super Hornet.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom