What's new

Bangladesh proposes procurement of high-end military equipment from US

Apparently a squadron of block 60 was offered

Well now they don’t sell y’all anymore do they? There’s a reason Pakistan went from viper owning country to jf17... geopolitics is a funny game

Lol funny, coming from a country who don't have anything close to a modern airforce. Not because you cant afford it but because you are SUBSERVIENT to India, which is not even a super power but a local wannabe bully type, whose Airforce we obliterated just a few months back. I feel sorry for you guys. Forget about buying jets, when you can always ask your Masters for defence.

Anyhow, for the record we have around 80 F16, which is more that your airforce could ever dream of.

Right on cue classic tag.

No worries though.

Enjoy your popcorn and watch.

And make sure your crow is cooked how you like it.

It's almost time to eat.

I'm just an "absolute POS" remember? ...so there was a need for enlightened sort like you to quote and reply?

Absolute POS ppl after all make up things regarding the state of BD forex reserves for the last 3 years (now joined by its market cap USD valuation and inflation parameters...which are also showing very fake news trends I suppose given they are outside the control of BAL fiefdom).

Enlightened smarty pant types on the other hand just put it down to "fat lazy rice starch diabetic delay-induced BAF" or whatever....yet are enlightened strangely to take fat lady at her word on economic numbers that produce the basic coin you need to rub together significantly to even fund a small portion of the gleeful proposal stronk stuff. Just simple verbatim stuff is so enlightened in the end....fat lady sez so, so trust her in this (BD growth good, thus lot of moolah to buy...the hangups are purely local branch related and the "vision") because it feels good....but dont trust her in other things where it doesnt feel good to do so.

You see, absolute POS people have zero direct experience with people that actually run businesses that have been trying to raise enough capital to expand in very basic ways for very basic things that should be 2nd nature by now for a standard developing country. There is totally no demand/supply mismatch for such forex at all....and no resulting effect in the forex reserve trend and resulting loan reliance on especially one country that has proclivity to loanshark later.

So obviously this purely fictional problem (of basic USD scarcity to buy "high end equipment) would not extend in larger degree to something much larger than businesses...i.e govt. Its all magically sorted out and compartmentalised in the shonar stronk way.

I'm just an "absolute POS" remember? ...so there was a need for enlightened sort like you to quote and reply?

Absolute POS ppl after all make up things regarding the state of BD forex reserves for the last 3 years (now joined by its market cap USD valuation and inflation parameters...which are also showing very fake news trends I suppose given they are outside the control of BAL fiefdom).

Enlightened smarty pant types on the other hand just put it down to "fat lazy rice starch diabetic delay-induced BAF" or whatever....yet are enlightened strangely to take fat lady at her word on economic numbers that produce the basic coin you need to rub together significantly to even fund a small portion of the gleeful proposal stronk stuff. Just simple verbatim stuff is so enlightened in the end....fat lady sez so, so trust her in this (BD growth good, thus lot of moolah to buy...the hangups are purely local branch related and the "vision") because it feels good....but dont trust her in other things where it doesnt feel good to do so.

You see, absolute POS people have zero direct experience with people that actually run businesses that have been trying to raise enough capital to expand in very basic ways for very basic things that should be 2nd nature by now for a standard developing country. There is totally no demand/supply mismatch for such forex at all....and no resulting effect in the forex reserve trend and resulting loan reliance on especially one country that has proclivity to loanshark later.

So obviously this purely fictional problem (of basic USD scarcity to buy "high end equipment) would not extend in larger degree to something much larger than businesses...i.e govt. Its all magically sorted out and compartmentalised in the shonar stronk way.

Another classic post of verbal diarrhea.

Don't worry bud.

Barring further geopolitical events, the planes are coming.

Hope the crow is seasoned well!

Another classic post of verbal diarrhea.

Don't worry bud.

Barring further geopolitical events, the planes are coming.

Hope the crow is seasoned well!

I foresee a 1000 page thread, and then another....and then another....at best.

I mean those happened when the USD forex pile was actually correlating growth wise to a single-good export country stated growth rate....and the credit market was new and relatively fresh and not burdened and soured and overleveraged by dragon loans....because of ego of fatty growing like the inflation being stashed away (hoping to hide from view) under already lumpy carpet....and now the first major signs are already showing if you know where to look (hint: anyone paid attention to P/E ratios of the DSE majors lately? and if its related to the flatline of the index?). It's the only country that I have seen such dissonance between what the govt can get its hands on, and what it cannot.

It it just very funny how you lot are hooked on brochures, speculation and CGI drama endlessly....especially after all that has been actually delivered today from the promises (of basic basic export of things) from a few years back. I guess BAF acquisition drama is the certified apex of the phenomenon.

Its too bad while you are all in your cocoon here (mostly already outside the country to begin with, or in a little bubble inside it)...the regular BD ppl suffer from it all....speak up a tiny bit and they get BCL'ed.

I wonder if M A Taslim and the other intellectual people pointing towards the worrying real inflation wake accumulating and surfacing have already been silenced, certainly havent heard from them since.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter to nice and new 1000 page long threads of the fat-lazy BAF finally finally (with dotted i's and everything) getting its act together for the umpteenth time 100% confirmed.

They always super had the money, they were just incompetent...or this new one "barring geopolitical events" :lol:....yup it all checks out now. Then the story repeats itself for the next final final confirmed time.....because of course the forex situation would have improved even more the way things are going now.

Construction companies in BD can easily buy... with minimal Taka ...a simple excavator for example....they aren't overcharged on it at all thanks to the forex scarcity. But boom fatty snaps her fingers and voila....fighter plane acquisition problem suddenly sped up and even upgraded to "western". LOL

Last edited:
I foresee a 1000 page thread, and then another....and then another....at best.

I mean those happened when the USD forex pile was actually correlating growth wise to a single-good export country stated growth rate....and the credit market was new and relatively fresh and not burdened and soured and overleveraged by dragon loans....because of ego of fatty growing like the inflation being stashed away (hoping to hide from view) under already lumpy carpet....and now the first major signs are already showing if you know where to look (hint: anyone paid attention to P/E ratios of the DSE majors lately? and if its related to the flatline of the index?). It's the only country that I have seen such dissonance between what the govt can get its hands on, and what it cannot.

It it just very funny how you lot are hooked on brochures, speculation and and CGI drama endlessly. I guess BAF acquisition drama is the certified apex of the phenomenon.

Its too bad while you are all in your cocoon here (mostly already outside the country to begin with, or in a little bubble inside it)...the regular BD ppl suffer from it all....speak up a tiny bit and they get BCL'ed.

I wonder if M A Taslim and the other intellectual people pointing towards the worrying real inflation wake accumulating and surfacing have already been silenced, certainly havent heard from them since.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter to nice and new 1000 page long threads of the fat-lazy BAF finally finally (with dotted i's and everything) getting its act together for the umpteenth time 100% confirmed.

They always super had the money, they were just incompetent...or this new one "barring geopolitical events" :lol:....yup it all checks out now. Then the story repeats itself for the next final final confirmed time.....because of course the forex situation would have improved even more the way things are going now.

Construction companies in BD can easily buy... with minimal Taka ...a simple excavator for example....they aren't overcharged on it at all thanks to the forex scarcity. But boom fatty snaps her fingers and voila....fighter plane acquisition problem suddenly sped up and even upgraded to "western". LOL

I can see the crow will be well salted!

Better take some Immodium for that verbal diarrhea first though.

I can see the crow will be well salted!

Better take some Immodium for that verbal diarrhea first though.

The dope has gone into increasingly common spiral repeat mode. Someone will have to take it to the BCL refurbishment facility, the unit is defective.

Like a typical Dhaka slum dweller, probably missing its favourite diet of diarrhea and crow or something. Seems to be stuck repeating it.

Last edited:
The dope has gone into increasingly common spiral repeat mode. Someone will have to take it to the BCL refurbishment facility, the unit is defective.

Like a typical Dhaka slum dweller, probably missing its favourite diet of diarrhea and crow or something. Seems to be stuck repeating it.

LOL!

@Nilgiri why aren't you on the BSF thread? We're very much missing your barking there.
Here's the link in case you can't find it : https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bsf-...sh-guards-in-bengals-murshidabad-dist.639767/
We await your verbal diarrhea, ahem wise input about this unfortunate incident.

@Nilgiri why aren't you on the BSF thread? We're very much missing your barking there.
Did I say barking? My bad.
I meant your thoughtful, intelligent & certainly not at all chest thumping repetitive posts.

Asked about the type of the military hardware for which Bangladesh showed interest, they said that the discussion began with the possibility of buying two attack helicopters with missile fire power capability.

"We discussed Cobra (Not Viper?!) and Apache and they showed more interest in Apache. Then we have told them to submit their required configuration in detail," a US official said.

The price of the helicopters will depend on the configuration, said one of the officials.

https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/...lDqqpeRat7HVT7jATjNh5Mnnnq2hrnREuwd_PGw04O6O0

From discussion of various sources it seems that it will take at least five-six years if anything positive happens. Only Appache might come before 2025. So that means if Hasina and BAL lose next election we might not see anything except Apache.

And except the Apache, C-130H, tanker, howitzer, black hawk and missile part nothing seems interesting. Most things they are offering are second hand. F-16 C/D/Block 60, F-18 C/D, AH-1 Cobra, Hamilton class cutter, C-130H, i have doubt about the Apache and tanker's version too.

Last edited:
Everybody in the world knows we can provide the best quality modern equipment,” the US official said. “We greatly value the contribution of Bangladesh military officers who attend our military courses. We seek to support Bangladesh peacekeepers serving on UN missions.”

The official said they are currently working with the government of Bangladesh to conclude those foundational defence agreements (GSOMIA and ACSA), which are essential “to enabling a closer defence relationship, expanding opportunities for defense trade, information sharing, and military-to-military cooperation between our two countries”.

The official explained both the deals which are “nothing related to any strategies” or “containing China” as perceived by many.

The news self-exemplifies itself. The part in bold speaks that the USA is ready to sell military hardware. It is a great opportunity for BD to lessen its defence relationship with Chinese and Russian influence. Both support MM on the Rohingya issue. Very strange!!

However, US wares are very expensive. I hope, it will charge us friendship prices for the goods. BD foreign diplomacy is a complete failure. It could not secure the support of China, India or Russia on Rohingya. But, the USA has been generous with BD on this issue, always supporting us.

I remember that Dipu Moni, the former FM, visiting all the countries of the world throughout her tenure, and this new FM Momen talks of the husband-wife relationship. This shows how immature he is!! People usually say, "Brotherly relationship", but this idiot demeaned BD's position by not knowing the implication of his idiotic utterings.

Last edited:
Apparently some deals to boost BD's peace keeping missions. Nothing more is gonna happen. Maybe its start of getting newer sophisticated deals.

Apparently some deals to boost BD's peacekeeping missions. Nothing more is gonna happen. Maybe its start of getting newer sophisticated deals.
The UN peacekeeping missions require the positioning of a large number of APCs. Most of the money is probably spent on this item and BD buys them from Russia. I wonder if the USA is capable of replacing Russia on this item.

Can someone guess what other items the USA may offer or our armed forces would like to purchase? There were a few boat items in the past supplied to BN from the US excess/surplus baggage. These are not for UN missions.

The UN peacekeeping missions require the positioning of a large number of APCs. Most of the money is probably spent on this item and BD buys them from Russia. I wonder if the USA is capable of replacing Russia on this item.

Can someone guess what other items the USA may offer or our armed forces would like to purchase? There were a few boat items in the past supplied to BN from the US excess/surplus baggage. These are not for UN missions.

The U.N. missions sometimes require heavy quick firepower support which the helicopters like Apaches can meet. BD's Mi-171Sh combat transport helicopters cant always meet those requirements. Also some more C130s for troop movements in this discussion. These all says about peace keeping mission. Nothing about BD's required Air defence.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom