What's new

Bangladesh proposes procurement of high-end military equipment from US

War against who ?
sweatshop workers and/or 60/70 year old men of jamaat -e- islami

@Nilgiri why aren't you on the BSF thread? We're very much missing your barking there.
Here's the link in case you can't find it : https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bsf-...sh-guards-in-bengals-murshidabad-dist.639767/
We await your verbal diarrhea, ahem wise input about this unfortunate incident.

Did I say barking? My bad.
I meant your thoughtful, intelligent & certainly not at all chest thumping repetitive posts.
one swallow does not a summer make!

The U.N. missions sometimes require heavy quick firepower support which the helicopters like Apaches can meet. BD's Mi-171Sh combat transport helicopters cant always meet those requirements. Also some more C130s for troop movements in this discussion. These all says about peace keeping mission. Nothing about BD's required Air defence.
I hope things will change gradually when the USA will pay due attention to our needs. Now, I feel the problem still lies with the GoB. The USA is taking the horse to the pond but the horse seems unwilling to drink water.

Is it because the US companies, by the US laws, cannot grease the BD palms?

Lol funny, coming from a country who don't have anything close to a modern airforce. Not because you cant afford it but because you are SUBSERVIENT to India, which is not even a super power but a local wannabe bully type, whose Airforce we obliterated just a few months back. I feel sorry for you guys. Forget about buying jets, when you can always ask your Masters for defence.

Anyhow, for the record we have around 80 F16, which is more that your airforce could ever dream of.
Alright mate, whatever you say

@Nilgiri why aren't you on the BSF thread? We're very much missing your barking there.
Here's the link in case you can't find it : https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bsf-...sh-guards-in-bengals-murshidabad-dist.639767/
We await your verbal diarrhea, ahem wise input about this unfortunate incident.

Did I say barking? My bad.
I meant your thoughtful, intelligent & certainly not at all chest thumping repetitive posts.

Not entirely sure why you persist in wanting to query me? Maybe you can start with explaining which earlier BD account you were here?

If I am selective which threads I respond to, its for a reason. You won't like what I post in that BSF thread, so why try goad me? You will just waaaah, tag some mods....mods ignore you and then you can cry more after that. We saw the basic thing in operation after bhola cyclone hit you lot....waaaah waaaah, ask for help, waaah waaah help not given...get on knees and beg (from dada "mods") because of "oppression" and ppl being "mean"...waaah waaah....and then ingrate loser for it all later. Others know your kind's psyche in the end because of all of that....so we are not surprised when you do your online drama same way.

But since you so want to know....we all know how it will go with these border smuggling rings with actors on both sides, in and out of uniform. There will be blood. From Indian side, we simply will use fatty cook PM and her grovelling posse-cabal (talking about husband wife relationship while we think of them as a red-light district type) to deal with our "concerns" on any trouble spots there....and get them to offer, head on plate style....whichever culprits we ascertain need to be liquidated....and create the fissures for the next pilkhana to take place if it is so required.

But important thing is to keep relationship with that grovelling posse-cabal in good order and keep expanding it....so they do our bidding against their riff raff oxygen thieving people with sound permanent population control measures.....be it hanging beardos without much of a trial, unleashing BCL on campuses (and street protestors and election gatherings and whatever else thats necessary) or working full time to make sure the net trade deficit surpasses 10 billion promptly...so they can finally say they paid off 1% of the liberation debt. More they pay off that way, the more 95% seat continuity we back and ensure for them. Its good quid pro quo.

You see we do have a good chat with the 1+ million (soon to be 2 million) riffraff tourists (incl. many medical refugees) that stream in yearly, fork over lot of hard earned money (because they don't trust their lot and have lot of self-hate and other related complexes for their kind in general)....we explain things lot more concisely to them, than we care to the few nuggets that surface here on a forum of country they simultaneously cry ended 3 million of them....the psyche for such nugget types is something we dont care to understand, just let reality play out for.

So strengthening the relationship with fat lady cook PM and her posse also increases the smack power the BD womenfolk among this lot give to their cuck hubbies when they try to change the channel on TV away (so they may in feeble attempt try ingest something with a little testosterone for a change) from something indian TV related....coz we all know what those BD women dream about and do when they visit India (enough has been posted on this forum about it).

Its a self perpetuating cycle in the end....so enjoy it "petri-chor"....what is that anyway? a chor in petri dish experiment? or a petrified chor? Either way good name for a typical BD guy lol....yes you are results of an experiment in large swampy petri dish...perma-scared thieves in the end. When rich opportunity afforded.... even the voodoo types do better than you for a reason.

Last edited:
Not entirely sure why you persist in wanting to query me? Maybe you can start with explaining which earlier BD account you were here?

If I am selective which threads I respond to, its for a reason. You won't like what I post in that BSF thread, so why try goad me? You will just waaaah, tag some mods....mods ignore you and then you can cry more after that. We saw the basic thing in operation after bhola cyclone hit you lot....waaaah waaaah, ask for help, waaah waaah help not given...get on knees and beg (from dada "mods") because of "oppression" and ppl being "mean"...waaah waaah....and then ingrate loser for it all later. Others know your kind's psyche in the end because of all of that....so we are not surprised when you do your online drama same way.

But since you so want to know....we all know how it will go with these border smuggling rings with actors on both sides, in and out of uniform. There will be blood. From Indian side, we simply will use fatty cook PM and her grovelling posse-cabal (talking about husband wife relationship while we think of them as a red-light district type) to deal with our "concerns" on any trouble spots there....and get them to offer, head on plate style....whichever culprits we ascertain need to be liquidated....and create the fissures for the next pilkhana to take place if it is so required.

But important thing is to keep relationship with that grovelling posse-cabal in good order and keep expanding it....so they do our bidding against their riff raff oxygen thieving people with sound permanent population control measures.....be it hanging beardos without much of a trial, unleashing BCL on campuses (and street protestors and election gatherings and whatever else thats necessary) or working full time to make sure the net trade deficit surpasses 10 billion promptly...so they can finally say they paid off 1% of the liberation debt. More they pay off that way, the more 95% seat continuity we back and ensure for them. Its good quid pro quo.

You see we do have a good chat with the 1+ million (soon to be 2 million) riffraff tourists (incl. many medical refugees) that stream in yearly, fork over lot of hard earned money (because they don't trust their lot and have lot of self-hate and other related complexes for their kind in general)....we explain things lot more concisely to them, than we care to the few nuggets that surface here on a forum of country they simultaneously cry ended 3 million of them....the psyche for such nugget types is something we dont care to understand, just let reality play out for.

So strengthening the relationship with fat lady cook PM and her posse also increases the smack power the BD womenfolk among this lot give to their cuck hubbies when they try to change the channel on TV away (so they may in feeble attempt try ingest something with a little testosterone for a change) from something indian TV related....coz we all know what those BD women dream about and do when they visit India (enough has been posted on this forum about it).

Its a self perpetuating cycle in the end....so enjoy it "petri-chor"....what is that anyway? a chor in petri dish experiment? or a petrified chor? Either way good name for a typical BD guy lol....yes you are results of an experiment in large swampy petri dish...perma-scared thieves in the end. When rich opportunity afforded.... even the voodoo types do better than you for a reason.
Bla bla bla
Nonsense as usual.Now I understand it's stupid to even imagine you replying in a logical manner without posting long repetitive garbage which serves to only pollute this forum.
Btw have you ever tried to annoy someone to death? I figure you might be good at it.
And why so long posts always? Overcompensating for something? It's ok.You don't have to hide it.Think of this forum as your safe place.We won't laugh at you behind your back like other people in your life probably do.

Bla bla bla
Nonsense as usual.Now I understand it's stupid to even imagine you replying in a logical manner without posting long repetitive garbage which serves to only pollute this forum.
Btw have you ever tried to annoy someone to death? I figure you might be good at it.
And why so long posts always? Overcompensating for something? It's ok.You don't have to hide it.Think of this forum as your safe place.We won't laugh at you behind your back like other people in your life probably do.

Just forget it and create your 1000 page thread here with one-liners. Flies buzzing on crap dumped in a swamp LOL....and repeated again and again.

Yes its hard for your kind to be literate enough to realise one-liner circle jerk and then one liner crying to mods are pretty dumb. Then the cretins among you lot calling for nuking of your own country when they get super-depressed on an online forum of all places lol.

Much easier to just go fetch my vindaloo order...if you haven't stolen it yet petrified-chor.

Just forget it and create your 1000 page thread here with one-liners. Flies buzzing on crap dumped in a swamp LOL....and repeated again and again.

Yes its hard for your kind to be literate enough to realise one-liner circle jerk and then one liner crying to mods are pretty dumb. Then the cretins among you lot calling for nuking of your own country when they get super-depressed on an online forum of all places lol.

Much easier to just go fetch my vindaloo order...if you haven't stolen it yet petrified-chor.
Cry me a river & feel free to drown yourself in it after you finish your vindaloo.It's a crime to waste good food.

Guys go for the F-18 superhornet, great planes perfect for maritime strike and patrolling.
Hope to see a strong BAF.

The Swedish Gripen Platform has lost ground to the F-16 and F-18 in the bidding on half-a-dozen air forces, and in the case of Romania - to refurbished F-16's. Initial flight control issues (computer malfunction) led to quite a few crashes. Given one aircraft has to be configured for at least four different roles in the Swedish AF, there were systems integration issues.The future Gripen NG may correct these issues but not many air forces (except Brazil) will wait around.

Quite a few excess F-16's in storage at Davis-Monthan AFB that one can see, which are ready for the refurbishment process to Block 52 (as delivered to Pakistan) or even Block 60 (as delivered to the UAE AF specs, as good or better than the F-16I suva with AESA radar and conformal tanks). As F-35 inductions ramp up, more of the F-16's will become available as surplus.

Don't know if the Pakistani F-16's come with J-79's or F110's (less thirsty) as powerplants.

And why the F-18 (superhornet?), when so many F-16's can be refurbished to at least Block 52 or Block 60 standard?

I think Bangladesh should ask some kind of grant from US, refurbished F16 Block 52 like what Indonesia got is something that Bangladesh could ask. Indonesia only need to pay about 750 million USD for refurbished 24 F 16 Block 52. It should be considered as stop gap before Bangladesh acquire 5 generation fighter after 2030.

If it is a new plane, I prefer Chinese J 10 or JF 17 blk 3 as mentioned by Pakistani friend.

More on US and Indonesia refurbished F 16 Block 52

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/indonesia-regeneration-and-upgrade-f-16cd-block-25-aircraft
BD will not buy any fighter from USA without full weapon package. AAMRAM is the first one has to be included.

The Swedish Gripen Platform has lost ground to the F-16 and F-18 in the bidding on half-a-dozen air forces, and in the case of Romania - to refurbished F-16's. Initial flight control issues (computer malfunction) led to quite a few crashes. Given one aircraft has to be configured for at least four different roles in the Swedish AF, there were systems integration issues.The future Gripen NG may correct these issues but not many air forces (except Brazil) will wait around.

Quite a few excess F-16's in storage at Davis-Monthan AFB that one can see, which are ready for the refurbishment process to Block 52 (as delivered to Pakistan) or even Block 60 (as delivered to the UAE AF specs, as good or better than the F-16I suva with AESA radar and conformal tanks). As F-35 inductions ramp up, more of the F-16's will become available as surplus.

Don't know if the Pakistani F-16's come with J-79's or F110's (less thirsty) as powerplants.

And why the F-18 (superhornet?), when so many F-16's can be refurbished to at least Block 52 or Block 60 standard?

PAF Fighting Falcons have P&W F100 engines.

No F-16/79 were ever sold.

As for BAF, its quite an interesting situation.

Feasible options from the US include new build Block 70/72, re-furbished older Block F-16, plenty of available older F-18C/D (likely nearly worn out from sea water air) and of course new build Super Hornets.

BD will not buy any fighter from USA without full weapon package. AAMRAM is the first one has to be included.

AMRAAM is key.

imho, i can predict the indian diplomatic onslaught on Bdesh would crush them to submission.

Believe it or not, that ship has sailed and is long gone. Sorry to disappoint. Makes nice copy for Sanghi Newsletter though. :lol:

Did you see the panoply of visits to Dhaka by the likes of Parrikar and Rajnath among others. Where is the god-damn onslaught you talk about? Did you see us buying any Indian arms - even a single bullet? Onslaught my foot.

Hasina listens to our Army, Navy and Air force - not the other way round.

PAF Fighting Falcons have P&W F100 engines.

No F-16/79 were ever sold.

As for BAF, its quite an interesting situation.

Feasible options from the US include new build Block 70/72, re-furbished older Block F-16, plenty of available older F-18C/D (likely nearly worn out from sea water air) and of course new build Super Hornets.

AMRAAM is key.

Whatever the Block number, we should still get AESA radar and conformal tanks. Those two options are needed - for AMRAAM deployments to be effective, AESA may be a requirement.

Believe it or not, that ship has sailed and is long gone. Sorry to disappoint. Makes nice copy for Sanghi Newsletter though. :lol:

Did you see the panoply of visits to Dhaka by the likes of Parrikar and Rajnath among others. Where is the god-damn onslaught you talk about? Did you see us buying any Indian arms - even a single bullet? Onslaught my foot.

Whatever the Block number, we should still get AESA radar and conformal tanks. Those two options are needed - for AMRAAM deployments to be effective, AESA may be a requirement.

The issue is Myanmar is fielding Flanker variants with likely extended range version of the R-27 as well as R-77 not to mention the SD-10 for their JF-17M.

To obtain a qualitative edge AESA along with later models of the AMRAAM are needed.

If you think about it, Bangladesh is surrounded by a rough neighborhood in that respect whether talking about India or Myanmar.

F-16s or F-18s neutered with only -L/M Sidewinders won't cut it anymore.

i did not mean to offend fellow Bdeshis.
However, coming to think of it; Indians have good relations with Myanmar as well as you guys. its difficult to dictate the foriegn policy of myanmar because of their geographical proximity with china; u guys are surrounded by us on all side except bay of bengal. even if u take the example of nepal after its recent bonhomie with china, they cant do sh!t (regarding major shifts in foreign policy) without india's tacit approval. look at afghanistan, they are step brothers with pakistan. even US cant do much if pakistan says no to transport routes. we saw that earlier.
a spade was a spade and shall be a spade.
morever, India wont mind US selling top notch weapons to Bdesh. u give US the money (handsome amount at that), get the weapons, and india will get the goodwill from US of "allowing" such deal to happen in the first place. win-win for us IF u get weapons from US.
otoh, if u get the "less fancy toys" from china, u save money, ur security is more or less improved to the level u guys are planning. but then, u shall invite the ire of india and future complications.
if u stand up to the indians with the help of china, u will become a vassal state of china. see what happened to sri lanka. pakistan also, cant take major decisions in CPEC area as it harms long term oil security of China. maybe u guys can join the OBOR initiative as well.
guess who india will support when there is a war between bdesh n myanmar.
PS: good luck with the weapons.

i did not mean to offend fellow Bdeshis.
However, coming to think of it; Indians have good relations with Myanmar as well as you guys. its difficult to dictate the foriegn policy of myanmar because of their geographical proximity with china; u guys are surrounded by us on all side except bay of bengal. even if u take the example of nepal after its recent bonhomie with china, they cant do sh!t (regarding major shifts in foreign policy) without india's tacit approval. look at afghanistan, they are step brothers with pakistan. even US cant do much if pakistan says no to transport routes. we saw that earlier.
a spade was a spade and shall be a spade.
morever, India wont mind US selling top notch weapons to Bdesh. u give US the money (handsome amount at that), get the weapons, and india will get the goodwill from US of "allowing" such deal to happen in the first place. win-win for us IF u get weapons from US.
otoh, if u get the "less fancy toys" from china, u save money, ur security is more or less improved to the level u guys are planning. but then, u shall invite the ire of india and future complications.
if u stand up to the indians with the help of china, u will become a vassal state of china. see what happened to sri lanka. pakistan also, cant take major decisions in CPEC area as it harms long term oil security of China. maybe u guys can join the OBOR initiative as well.
guess who india will support when there is a war between bdesh n myanmar.
PS: good luck with the weapons.

Shut up . No one in Bangladesh cares about the opinion of Indians let alone the Indian government.

We dont give 2 *$% about the "ire" of India. No one in south asia does . No one in BD does. Only the awami league does, and their days are now numbered.

Shut up . No one in Bangladesh cares about the opinion of Indians let alone the Indian government.

We dont give 2 *$% about the "ire" of India. No one in south asia does . No one in BD does. Only the awami league does, and their days are now numbered.
a big lollll to that. live in ur fantasies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom