What's new

Bangladesh Police arrests Indian citizen in Dhaka for recruiting neo JMB cadres

There can be no discussion right now, either you or your butthurt country men reported my posts and got the mods here.
As you deem fit, but a discussion can be had without things getting personal. Btw, why this fear of getting banned. Your day certainly doesn't revolve around PDF.

As you deem fit, but a discussion can be had without things getting personal. Btw, why this fear of getting banned. Your day certainly doesn't revolve around PDF.

Its not about being banned, its a matter of principle.

We were both talking crap and that was fine until one side starts reporting the others posts.

Anyway, this thread needn't be derailed further.

Well, i can assure you that i didn't, not my style.

Then it was your silent partner that, "Proud" Indian guy.... He was rambling with some Pakistani user about religion, Shivling (linga).

Read the thread with great interest.
  1. There is radicalisation of Muslims in the 'safe' districts of Hooghly and Howrah, apparently.
  2. More than that, there is conversion of dalit Hindus happening.
    1. That has two sides to it; if a Dalit man or woman converts to Buddhism or to Islam (in the west of India, in Maharashtra, typically such a woman would have converted to Buddhism, as Baba Ambedkar's influence is still strong there, here it is interesting to see that she converted to Islam, as that seems to be the only path to vent their grievances), there is a writing on the wall for the religious right. Pushing around the Dalit will drive them out of Hindu society at one time or the other.
    2. The second side to this is that, like neo-Buddhist preaching and conversion, like Christian preaching and conversion, there is Muslim preaching and conversion.
  3. If this is not an intelligence plot, and that seems unlikely, for RAW to convert Hindus to Islam to send them to Bangladesh to destabilise a country and an administration that is (still) friendly, then there is a live recruitment of Muslims going on in West Bengal, for spreading radical Islam.
  4. This is a freak case. It is unlikely that an entire radicalisation programme can be based on Hindus converting to Islam. The primary target is more likely to be the Malda and Dinajpur Muslim populations, who have been a strong and vocal minority, and considerably intermingled with immigrants, but here we have one, if all that is published is to be taken at face value, converted in the normally placid Hooghly and Howrah.
  5. There is a third segment that is vulnerable to radicalisation, and that is the up-country Muslim from Bihar and the UP, settled in Calcutta. Topsia and Tangra are their territories, and also Watgunge, where the infamous incident of killing of a senior policeman took place some decades ago.
A lot seems to be going on that both the West Bengal and the Bangladesh administration seem to need to attend to.

As usual, the BJP have played the role of distracting everybody from these serious issues with their Hindu-first antics. They are wrecking India, deliberately on one front, indirectly and without having planned it, on another front, that of creating a reaction to their actions.
She is from a Brahmin family hailing from Nadia.

Sorry Dada, my knowledge is limited about, Jat, Gotra and padabi. Padabi is just a title. How do you get conferred a Padabi? By Royalty?

I think I made a mistake.

A Brahman is usually known by his caste name: for Rarhis, these are generally Bandyopadhyaya (Bannerjee), Chattopadhyaya (Chatterjee), Gangopadhyaya (Ganguly), Mukhyopadhyaya (Mukherjee), Bhattacharyya, or Chakravarti. For Barendras, these names can be Bagchi, Bhaduri, Ghoshal, Lahiri, Maitra and Sanyal. For Vaidik, it is generally Chakravarti.

For gotra, the typical names are the names of rishis from whom the gotra holder claims direct, uninterrupted descent. For instance, my gotra is Kasyapa; my mother, before she married, was Dhanvantari (women 'go' to the gotra of their husband).

Among Brahmins, Bannerjees are Sandilya gotra; so the name is not the gotra, the gotra is different. Chatterjees are Kasyapa; while we share a gotra name with the Chatterjees, we are not Brahmins.

I had never heard of Debnath as a Brahmin name before, but I may be wrong. Definitely not a gotra name; never heard of Rishi Debnath, while Dhanvantari, Kashyap, Maudgalya and Sandilya are well known.

What I was trying to say was that Debnath is neither a caste name nor a gotra.

Sorry Dada, my knowledge is limited about, Jat, Gotra and padabi. Padabi is just a title. How do you get conferred a Padabi? By Royalty?

Okay, my mother's people were Ray Chaudhury, but that was a Padabi. Their caste name was SenGupta.

We refer to your Bodo-Kacharis as "Mech" universally (a term derived from 'mleccha'). This term is also applied to other slant eyed chinks from time to time AFAIK. Very Ironic.
Lol, this dolt thinks that the Boro-Kocharis are all Mech!!:rofl:

And to see him somehow equate the Mechs with Mlecchas is similarly amusing. Where do these guys get their history lessons from! Dilapidated madrassas?

On a serious note, ignorant blanket statements like these goes to show the prejudices and discrimination our tribal folks have to endure in shonar Bangladesh.

I think I made a mistake.

A Brahman is usually known by his caste name: for Rarhis, these are generally Bandyopadhyaya (Bannerjee), Chattopadhyaya (Chatterjee), Gangopadhyaya (Ganguly), Mukhyopadhyaya (Mukherjee), Bhattacharyya, or Chakravarti. For Barendras, these names can be Bagchi, Bhaduri, Ghoshal, Lahiri, Maitra and Sanyal. For Vaidik, it is generally Chakravarti.

For gotra, the typical names are the names of rishis from whom the gotra holder claims direct, uninterrupted descent. For instance, my gotra is Kasyapa; my mother, before she married, was Dhanvantari (women 'go' to the gotra of their husband).

Among Brahmins, Bannerjees are Sandilya gotra; so the name is not the gotra, the gotra is different. Chatterjees are Kasyapa; while we share a gotra name with the Chatterjees, we are not Brahmins.

I had never heard of Debnath as a Brahmin name before, but I may be wrong. Definitely not a gotra name; never heard of Rishi Debnath, while Dhanvantari, Kashyap, Maudgalya and Sandilya are well known.

What I was trying to say was that Debnath is neither a caste name nor a gotra.

Okay, my mother's people were Ray Chaudhury, but that was a Padabi. Their caste name was SenGupta.
Your caste can't be sengupta, its baidya. Between I am a Kasyapa.
Between Debnath surname can be from all castes including brahmin and dom.
Gotra - can be cut across casts, it has nothing to do with caste. It denotes the origin of people.
Surname - can be cut across casts, for example roy choudhury can be a brahmin, baidya or a kayastha.
Caste - example Brahmin, baidya, kayastha...it has sub caste, sub sub caste and on.
Bengalis has come out of caste system over last 4-5 decades. It's only comes in picture during arranged marriage, that too not very rigid.

Bengalis has come out of caste system over last 4-5 decades. It's only comes in picture during arranged marriage, that too not very rigid.

Just curious to know something ,so asking the question.
Actually which section of Hinduism still practice the caste system ? Are they vaishnavite ? As far I know shaiviate sectors do not practice caste system or not so strictly( correct me if I am wrong , I just read somewhere can't remember clearly ) , and now you say that shaktas aka bengalis also don't practice it.

And if its vasihnavas who practicr caste then I think that Gaudiya vaishnavite doesn't practice it too ( again correction needed if I made mistake ) .

Thanks in advance .

@itsanufy

H
Sorry Dada, my knowledge is limited about, Jat, Gotra and pad
Just curious to know something ,so asking the question.
Actually which section of Hinduism still practice the caste system ? Are they vaishnavite ? As far I know shaiviate sectors do not practice caste system or not so strictly( correct me if I am wrong , I just read somewhere can't remember clearly ) , and now you say that shaktas aka bengalis also don't practice it.

And if its vasihnavas who practicr caste then I think that Gaudiya vaishnavite doesn't practice it too ( again correction needed if I made mistake ) .

Thanks in advance .

@itsanufy

abi. Padabi is just a title. How do you get conferred a Padabi? By Royalty?
Casteism is not fully a phenomena of bygone era, but its appeal is very limited now. Mainly practiced in some arranged marriage and for the priests. Saying so inter caste arranged marriages are happening and rural bengal is mostly free from this menace.
Vaishnavite's main principle is no cast system. You can be a muslim and a Vaishnav. Example Haridas thakur. Hussain Shah was a great admirer of Chaitanya.
Shaivites do follow casteism, but basic principle are against it.
Saktas do preach casteism and it has deep classification of casts. But again with time this menace is erasing out.
You will find most people doesn't want to be classified in these three groups and are firm believer of casts. Another observation IMO, people originated in East Bengal more lean towards casteism.
Saying so, west bengal has one of the lowest percentage of ST, SC and OBC in India. The percentage got a major jump after classifying 92% of muslims as OBC.

One good thing about West Bengal is cast free politics. Though now parties are trying hard to somehow making it a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom