What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

I dont think Belochistan anyway near to get separated from Pakistan. USA will not support that as they are committed to Pakistan's territorial integrity. In its remote possiblity, even Beluchistan gets separated it will become another Afganistan not another Kuwait and will not serve any purpose to anybody.

eastwatch because if india has to directly involve its self in the separation of Baluchistan than on the other side Pakistan will launch a full scale incursion and counter ops to over take Occupied Kashmir and this will turn into bloody war and that is where the possibility of nukes come into..its not a video game to over take a remote land and separate it do you not see the air/naval/land resistance india will face? and possibility of China to over take its land further putting pressure on india to withdraw and commit its resources other way..It is simply not easy for india..india is in no position to open 3 fronts..
Separatist are active in Baluchistan but this is not 1971 all who declare it would be arrested prosecuted court martial and thrown into prisons..you want example? look at Myanmar there is a party fully funded and supported by us but failed disastrously.

As I have said early, India and USA will only use covert methods to create problem in Baluchistan unless Pakistan is ready to open route to Gwaddar ultimately. By the way, a 90km long railway line is now under construction from the Uzhbek border to Mazaar-i-Sharif.

This rail line is supposed to be extended someday to Mardan and then to Gwaddar for use as a trading route for the central Asian countries. But, Taleban fighting will keep on disrupting this program.

Even if Pakistan wants now to distance itself from the Taleban in Afghanistan, it cannot do it. Because, the present Kabul govt is fully supported by India. So, India-Pakistan rivalry is influencing the ongoing fighting in that country.

Pakistan NDU team meets Bangladesh President
'Pakistan Times' Wire Service
DHAKA: The visiting delegation of Pakistan National Defense University (NDU) called on President Zillur Rahman at the President’s Secretariat in Dhaka Tuesday.

As part of the Overseas Study Tour in the SAARC region, the 21-member Pakistan NDU team, led by Brigadier General Muhammad Tauqeer Ahmed, is visiting Bangladesh from May 2 to 7.

The President welcomed the delegation and expressed his satisfaction over training cooperation among the national defense institutes of the region. This kind of training programme should continue which is mutually beneficial, he said.

The delegation members apprised the Bangladesh President that the visit would give an opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas between senior military and civil officials of the friendly countries.

President Zillur Rahman thanked the delegation for visiting Bangladesh. The delegation consists of two faculty members and 19 course members -- 12 from Pakistan, five from Nigeria, one from the United Kingdom and one from Oman.

According to another report; the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) President Annisul Huq on Tuesday sought active cooperation of Pakistani entrepreneurs in facing many challenges and opportunities globalization has brought in for the private enterprises.

He made the plea while addressing a delegation of Pakistan National Defence University (NDU) at FBCCI in Dhaka. The FBCCI president said that his organization was playing a pivotal role through dialogues, consultations and interactions with the government to improve the environment for doing business.

A 19-member delegation of Pakistan NDU led by Brigadier Muhammad Tauqeer Ahmed attended the meeting. Officers of Pakistan, Nigeria, UK, and Oman were present in the meeting. The meeting was chaired by FBCCI President Annisul Huq.

The FBCCI president appreciated the Pakistan NDU members for their interest to interact and share knowledge with the private sector of Bangladesh. He discussed the role of FBCCI as well as the recent state of the Bangladesh economy, its performance, policy environment and investment opportunities.

He said that the private sector has already demonstrated its capability and buoyancy in the economy. He also informed his audience of the private sector’s rising share in investment, employment, export, etc.

Brigadier Muhammad Tauqeer Ahmed, leader of the Pakistan NDU delegation in his speech said that visiting the FBCCI was part of their curriculum. He also appreciated the role of FBCCI as the apex trade organization in the national economy of Bangladesh. Tauqeer Ahmed expressed his gratitude for this educative and informative meeting organized by FBCCI.

A question and answer session was also held on bilateral trade, investment, export, SAFTA and other related issues. Abdul Haque, Kamran T Rahman, Obaidur Rahman, M Farukul Islam Shova and Shafquat Haider, Directors of FBCCI took part in the discussion.

Pakistan NDU team meets Bangladesh President

Which country has the brighter future prosperity in context of peace and their respective political stability?

PK or BD?

Which country has the brighter future prosperity in context of peace and their respective political stability?

PK or BD?

Peace and political stability: BD
Prosperity (economy wise): Pakistan

Peace and political stability: BD
Prosperity (economy wise): Pakistan

Right but that is strange that:

BD has failed to raise its economy up to optimum level even it has more peace and political stability. And even PK has less peace and political stability but they have well economy than us. I think, BD has small ambition so we are no able to set a prospers economy.

Right but that is strange that:

BD has failed to raise its economy up to optimum level even it has more peace and political stability. And even PK has less peace and political stability but they have well economy than us. I think, BD has small ambition so we are no able to set a prospers economy.

Since its inception West Pakistan and now Pakistan has been the richer of the two.

Nothing's changed.

Since its inception West Pakistan and now Pakistan has been the richer of the two.

Nothing's changed.

After independence Pakistan was the poorest and most back word region in s asia.
We had 1 jute mill,1 textile mill and only 1 university.....now compaire wat india had?

India also held 550 million rupees that were to be given to Pakistan uptil 48. It was only when Gandhi went on a hunger strike to death that the indian givernment decided to give pakistan its rightful share. This is one of the reasons why he was murdered by extremist hindus.

Wrong... BD channels have huge demand in Calcutta and other NE states.. These were categorically discouraged...
Other BD products, India always plays cat and mouse games. Like they say you can export, but in NE indian importer was barred to open LC to BD. Also Indian Government put anti dumping on BD products. They also put some testing criteria (intentionally) to discourage BD imports. Indian government also never allowed until recently, Bangladeshi investment in India. If you were a businessman you will know how hard it is to export in India..

The only reason India does not say You Cant Export is that Bangladesh Import 3 Billion dollar worth of goods from India even though they are mostly essential items like spices and raw materials..

sir m from NE but the demand for bangla channels is not so huge as u make out to be.regarding West Bengal m not so sure.besides we really have ur PRAN brand confectionaries here.they are cheap and good specially the litchi drink. regards.

Last edited:
PK or BD?

Big mouth bd(east Pakistani) politician told that our jute was running west Pakistan and without our jute they will seize to exist. :lol::rofl:

People like Adamji was the main driving force behind prosperous jute industry that earned a lot of foreign cash for us. We have deprived them and took their property illegally. It takes brain and know how to produce fine quality products from raw jute. Our farmer know how to grow the jute but there are no Adamji to recapture world jute products market.......:smokin:

PK or BD?

Your over simplified grade 5 level question makes me laugh sometimes.
Its hard to project future but we can see the trends here and try to assume. Pakistan is rich in natural resources, their government has already invested far more money than our government. Also Pakistan is blessed by foreign aid and military assistance. Their roads are wider, cities are cleaner and they dress up well than us. They also have a matured and older enterpreneur class. Their growth rate is unpredictable and bumpy and does not stand on solid ground. The reason I will come later.

There are few dissimalirities betewee Pakistan and Bangladesh society. We are basically peasant class society. Most of the people have root as farmer and the enterpreneur class is very new. Society still evolving in a rapid speed. There are some disadvantage to that and again it is working for our own advantage. As the society which has the same root are bound to be the inclusive than exclusive which you see in India or somewhat in Pakistan. Politicians and bureucrat here have a tendency to lean towards rural and agro development and in most part of 70's, 80's and 90's our government worked towards that goal. Thats why you see so many free primary school, LGED (Local Government Engineering Department), LGRD (Local Government and Rural Development), REB (Rural Electrification Board) and had the highest allocation in our development budget. The end result is we have the best rural infrastructure in south asia. While doing that we ignored 4 lane highways, planned city development, bigger infrastructure in rail, port, airport etc. Also governemt was shy in investing in any state owned enterpises.

Now was it a wrong approach? Well somewhat Yes or No. I wish they had allocated more money on few more highways and electricity generation. But we just started working on these while we already hit the infrastructure bottleneck. We can not grow any faster based on our existing infrastructure, that is what economist are saying. Once electricity problem solved within this year and few of the highways completed than our economy will grow faster than 8% or more and will be sustained.

Lets go back to the basic, why Pakistan economy does not grow steadily despite huge resources while Bangladesh shows more resillient than Pakistan. The answer is simple and a one liner. Bangladesh economy is self driven while Pakistan economy is imposed. Pakistan economy still based on huge governement spending. As long as governemnt spend economy grows. Pakistan private investment is very low compared to their GDP. If we go back to year 2007-8 when Pakistan was growing at faster pace (7-8%), the then private investment to GDP was only 13% and Government spending was more than 11%. That means almost half of the investment came from Government spending (The figure i recalls from my memory so may not be precise). Also the growth was somewhat depndent on FDI and portfolio investment. Service and financial sector got the highest amount of FDI. On the contratry in Bangladesh the growth is mainly driven by private domestic investment. 19% of the GDP invested from private sector and only 5% came from government spending. There is almost negligible FDI. That is the main reason Pakistan growth did not sustain but BD did and it will. Unless Pakistan could go back to the basic and does some homework then it will never be able to catch up with BD. BD economy will grow in higher speed as soon as government start spending and the investment/GDP ratio raised to 30% of GDP which will be in 2 years time. Private sector investment needs to be raised little bit to 22% and some FDI that is on pipeline on big infrastructure project like electricity generation, highways, port, airport etc and when hit the ground then the investment/GDP ratio will be raised to 33 to 35% which is needed for double digit growth rate. Its not dream anymore but reality. Can Pakistan raise the investment scenario to BD level in short term? Hard task indeed...

Your over simplified grade 5 level question makes me laugh sometimes.

It’s a naïve question to you but it’s was basic and important question to me since once we were same country and now one country is facing war everyday and another is in well peace with better political stability. And I asked about peace and political stability but not about economy, but, whatever, you’ve also discussed something valuable against my question but in context of economy which I did not ask for.

Politicians and bureucrat here have a tendency to lean towards rural and agro development and in most part of 70's, 80's and 90's our government worked towards that goal. Thats why you see so many free primary school, LGED (Local Government Engineering Department), LGRD (Local Government and Rural Development), REB (Rural Electrification Board) and had the highest allocation in our development budget. The end result is we have the best rural infrastructure in south asia. While doing that we ignored 4 lane highways, planned city development, bigger infrastructure in rail, port, airport etc. Also governemt was shy in investing in any state owned enterpises.

Now was it a wrong approach? Well somewhat Yes or No. I wish they had allocated more money on few more highways and electricity generation. But we just started working on these while we already hit the infrastructure bottleneck. We can not grow any faster based on our existing infrastructure, that is what economist are saying. Once electricity problem solved within this year and few of the highways completed than our economy will grow faster than 8% or more and will be sustained.

Well I did not know these points. I’ve came know something from your reply that is how and where our money is investing as you said that our policy makers tend to invest more in rural development than in urban areas. You said: we are investing in primary school, LGED (Local Government Engineering Department), LGRD (Local Government and Rural Development), REB (Rural Electrification Board). So does not PK investing in those sectors?! I think they are also investing on those sectors beside other sectors where we are not investing much in other sectors for our inability.

Lets go back to the basic, why Pakistan economy does not grow steadily despite huge resources while Bangladesh shows more resillient than Pakistan. The answer is simple and a one liner. Bangladesh economy is self driven while Pakistan economy is imposed. Pakistan economy still based on huge governement spending. As long as governemnt spend economy grows. Pakistan private investment is very low compared to their GDP. If we go back to year 2007-8 when Pakistan was growing at faster pace (7-8%), the then private investment to GDP was only 13% and Government spending was more than 11%. That means almost half of the investment came from Government spending (The figure i recalls from my memory so may not be precise). Also the growth was somewhat depndent on FDI and portfolio investment. Service and financial sector got the highest amount of FDI. On the contratry in Bangladesh the growth is mainly driven by private domestic investment. 19% of the GDP invested from private sector and only 5% came from government spending. There is almost negligible FDI. That is the main reason Pakistan growth did not sustain but BD did and it will. Unless Pakistan could go back to the basic and does some homework then it will never be able to catch up with BD. BD economy will grow in higher speed as soon as government start spending and the investment/GDP ratio raised to 30% of GDP which will be in 2 years time. Private sector investment needs to be raised little bit to 22% and some FDI that is on pipeline on big infrastructure project like electricity generation, highways, port, airport etc and when hit the ground then the investment/GDP ratio will be raised to 33 to 35% which is needed for double digit growth rate. Its not dream anymore but reality. Can Pakistan raise the investment scenario to BD level in short term? Hard task indeed...

Well, here you are saying that our economy is more prosperous in future than PK’s. Now let’s see that either other members will agree with you or not.

* how do you know about the percentages very well like 30%, 35%, 22% ..........?

Back
Top Bottom