What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Bangladesh Navy may procure this giant after 2025.
Type 052C destroyer (Luyang II class)
View attachment 392248

Destroyer
Displacement: 7,000 tons
Length: 155.5 m (510 ft 2 in)
Beam: 17.2 m (56 ft 5 in)
Draught: 6.1 m (20 ft 0 in)
Propulsion:

Speed: 32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph)
Complement: 280
Sensors and
processing systems:

Armament:

Aircraft carried: 1 helicopter: Kamov Ka-27 or Harbin Z-9C ASW/SAR
Aviation facilities:

• Stern hangar
    • Helicopter landing platform

No, it will most like be the Type-052D as that is superior.

After completed the 2030 forces goal, BD will far ahead then the bully.

After 2025 destroyer is coming.

After 2030 BD will must think about the aircraft carrier.:P

exactly!!
what Bangladesh is displaying in 2017, it gives an indication of whats likely to be seen by 2025.... by that time Bangladesh won't be dependent on anyone.... in fact, it would be a very powerful state.... there's more than likely that by that time Bangladesh will produce ships that would put destroyers into shame!!

nope.... Western Marine doesn't design....
this ship was European designed and funded.... WMS just got the subcontracting job....
the cost was in the hands of the Europeans... they gave us the job...
a lot of Western Marine ships were designed in the UK, Singapore or even India...

Well - my information is different then. They do design with CAD Ship design software and have been since their inception.

Also - there are various other marine engineering consulting firms locally they cooperate with whose design capability is even better than theirs.....

Please see my previous post,

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-navy.168818/page-217#post-9349193

Also, please see video below at 1:41......

17991325_1624770740897235_416197454941943364_o.jpg

BNS Nirmul is a Durjoy-class patrol craft (semi stealth) of Bangladesh Navy (BN). She is the second ship of the class. She is serving the Bangladesh Navy from 2013. Two out of a total of eight were built in China, the rest are being built locally, and two are already completed.

The LPC is armed with a single AK-176 naval gun and four C-704 Surface-to-surface missiles (SSM) mounted aft. In addition, it has two Oerlikon 20 mm cannon mounted amidships which can be used in an anti-aircraft role. For use in Anti-submarine warfare (ASW) it has two forward-mounted 6-tube EDS-25A 250mm ASW rocket launchers and decoy launchers.

Its primary mission is to protect both the fishing fleets and the oil and gas fields and other Economic Zones. In addition, It can also serve in an anti-ship role as well as undertaking limited anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations.

17990651_1620467774660865_7374742477526626233_o.jpg

CGS Syed Nazrul (PL 71)

One of four Leader Class Offshore patrol vessel of Bangladesh Coast Guard refitted at Fincantieri. Delivery of CGS Syed Nazrul (PL 71) was completed on 3 August 2016.

Small Maritime museum being set up at Naval HQ in Banani.....great place to take the kids....
17799936_1612497662124543_2737000152401846437_n.jpg

After completed the 2030 forces goal, BD will far ahead then the bully.

After 2025 destroyer is coming.

After 2030 BD will must think about the aircraft carrier.:P
HOld your horses :P we haven't reached aircraft Carrier territory even after 2030... we won't require it... cost + modern naval warfare questions the need and effectiveness of carriers...
And do you want to be like India? Buying a years old carrier and then struggling to keep the ship working? Even if we get one... it has to be first from the Chinese... a used one and immediately a indigenous one or we won't be able to stay afloat in carrier game. Rather if I had a say... I would expand my subs fleet.

HOld your horses :P we haven't reached aircraft Carrier territory even after 2030... we won't require it... cost + modern naval warfare questions the need and effectiveness of carriers...
And do you want to be like India? Buying a years old carrier and then struggling to keep the ship working? Even if we get one... it has to be first from the Chinese... a used one and immediately a indigenous one or we won't be able to stay afloat in carrier game. Rather if I had a say... I would expand my subs fleet.

There is a proverb in Bengal, the ribbon is curved if you do not know dance. No one cares if the person does not have power. i think after 2030 political game will be huge change like today's Australia cricket team, so if the development of armed forces going at like present condition then nothing is impossible.

Well - my information is different then. They do design with CAD Ship design software and have been since their inception.

Also - there are various other marine engineering consulting firms locally they cooperate with whose design capability is even better than theirs.....

Please see my previous post,

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-navy.168818/page-217#post-9349193
to be honest, I want our companies to be able to design.... but its not that we should make claims even though we don't....

this is Western Cruise.... designed by an Indian company....
Catamran-Western-Cruise.jpg

Offshore Patrol Vessel

JGH Marine A/S has recently also ventured into the design, construction and delivery of highly specialized and high speed Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV’s).
OPV can be designed specifically to the requirements of the end user and the objectives and operation to be performed by the specific Offshore Patrol Vessel.
Together with the design, construction and supply of OPV JGH Marine A/S is able to provide tailor-made training and education programs for the crews to operate the vessel to ensure the right capabilities for operation are available for the end user.
http://www.jghmarine.dk/WhatWeDo/Offshore-Patrol-Vessel

Web-large.jpg

OPV%20Inspection%202.jpg

"The Offshore Patrol Vessel is being constructed at JGH partner yard in Bangladesh where it is currently under construction."
http://www.jghmarine.dk/Projects/Offshore-Patrol-Vessel-for-Kenya

absolutely no mention or recognition of Western Marine here!!!

that same company built quite a few ships from Bangladesh.... its listed in their website, but they just don't bother to mention!!

these are Western donation projects.... they specifically mention who gets the job.... JGH would surely get the job if its a Danish project.... they won't build it in Europe because its too expensive to build it over there.... but they do want to employ their highly-paid design engineers.... there we go....

Hold on your horses people.

We dont need AC and nor we will look for one. Our priority should be to be a modern, tri-level fleet with extensive capabilities in all sections. Focus then on the naval air arm and keep building an integrated defense network with short and long range radars. Furthermore, need to shed more time on the coastal defense batteries.

Hold on your horses people.

We dont need AC and nor we will look for one. Our priority should be to be a modern, tri-level fleet with extensive capabilities in all sections. Focus then on the naval air arm and keep building an integrated defense network with short and long range radars. Furthermore, need to shed more time on the coastal defense batteries.
Truth! What we need for effective deterrence is afvancement in submarine, aerial and cyber warfare... coupled with improvements in anti armor that we are seeing now being implemented. We don't need a strategic presence... but a regional influence

With Chinese technological assistance BN will continue to excel.
Next in line is eight 4000 ton air-defence frigates, more submarines & ASW aircraft.

It's time to grow! Cheers! :cheers:
4000tons... never imagined this day come eight years back. :) cheers!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom