What's new

Bangladesh Navy

An AgustaWestland AW109E takes off from BNS Shadhinota (Independence) F111 Guided Missile Corvette. The Bangladesh Navy operates two units, another two units will be delivered by 2018.
26814547_10204080811896739_6167191900812420003_n.jpg

Regarding the decommissioned British Type 23 Frigate for the Navy and River class OPV for the Coast Guard, both classes are well-regarded and would make excellent 'backup' platforms for both services.

The former (Type 23) is a great ASW platform (features low-cavitation prop-screws), however I am curious what we will substitute for the Sea Wolf missiles and their dedicated VLS tubes in these ships (or if they will sell sea wolf missiles to us in any case). I guess the Harpoons can be substituted by the Chinese equivalent C802A.

however I am curious what we will substitute for the Sea Wolf missiles and their dedicated VLS tubes in these ships (or if they will sell sea wolf missiles to us in any case).

Sea Ceptor missile. CAMM(M), the maritime variant known as Sea Ceptor has as of December 2017 [32] completed is its first firing trial aboard HMS Argyll (F231). MBDA is working with the MoD, BAE Systems and Qinetiq to integrate Sea Ceptor with the Type 23 combat system.

Sea Ceptor missile. CAMM(M), the maritime variant known as Sea Ceptor has as of December 2017 [32] completed is its first firing trial aboard HMS Argyll (F231). MBDA is working with the MoD, BAE Systems and Qinetiq to integrate Sea Ceptor with the Type 23 combat system.

Thanks. Good Info!

The-MBDA-Sea-Ceptor-launchers-fitted-to-the-HMS-Argyll-Type-23-frigates-which-attended-DSEI-2017_red.jpg

The Type 23's will be great addition(s), if the choice is indeed made to induct them, and literally the largest platforms we will have at ~5000 tons. Nice sensor suites too. :-)

I think most of the Type 23 Duke class went through a service-extension refit during the early 2010s.
hms-westminster-first-type-23-frigate-to-complete-life-extension-upgrade-1.jpg

The replacement which is Type 26 City class has just begun construction with the first two builds, so we will see some Type 23 decommissioning happen soon enough. The type 26 replacements are slated to cost many times more a copy than their predecessors.

An interesting note is that we can 'stealthify' the design further by maybe:

a) adding integrated mast(s)
b) adding lightweight aluminium alloy side cladding to the super structure

I figure these are not too dissimilar in role to Pakistan's single Oliver Hazard Perry Class ASW platform (PNS Alamgir) which is a bit smaller but roughly in the same weight class.

Cohort-plc-subsidiary-joins-British-Sonar-2050-Technology-Refresh-program-for-Type-23-frigates-1024x744.jpg
F231-HMS-Argyll-005.jpg
C4VE2t8WcAI1OiB.jpg

Last edited:
part of heart attack @bluesky : Type 57 frigate .. ahem cough* cough*

@Bilal9 @UKBengali @ENFJ (-A / -T) @Homo Sapiens and others :whistle:

Type 054B and Type 057 same thing brother....:-)

I will be surprised (but no too much) if this is what is being offered by China as our next lead ship project....ticks all the right boxes, UVLS, integrated mast, APAR, FL-3000N and most importantly electric propulsion (biggest difference between 054A and 054B/057 classes).

@Genesis for his valued opinion....

130047iy16xj5kcm4s1hcy.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom