What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

India is just a side hoe for Myanmar, only Russia can provide what they want.
And what is it exactly, that they want? (since you suggest you know)

sure. Thailand's Chinese frigates already done with 8 mk41 vls for 32 RIM-162 ESSM.
The F25T was designed from the start to fit a Mk41 8-cell module. It just wasn't initially installed (fitted for, but not with")". It is different - but not impossible - if the ship isn't designed for that kind of thing.

Bhai - I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about VLS Systems bring retrofitted to older ships that were designed without them.

There are critical considerations about missile exhaust etc. that are vital and have to be designed integral with the basic build of a hull. So VLS retrofits may be super difficult if not impossible.

Added to this is the dynamic stability of the ship while firing salvoes of missiles, especially in cluster pack situations which will become very common with Chinese VLSs.

@Penguin Bhai may know more.
It is not rocket science, and VLS are increasingle taking into account retrofit compatibility, see e.g. LMCo Mk41 Single Cell launcher. See also retrofits of e.g. Barak-1 on various ships e.g. Chilean ex-UK County class and ex-UK Type 22, or Indian navy Delhi and Godavari classes. Not all VLS systems are huge.

CB54670B-E294-417A-AA28-ECB2E4B6EC3A-9008-000013C430D6A65B.jpeg
The feeling when a corvette is better armed than "stealth" frigates:lol:

just follow Myanmar defence. it will be posted with photos within a few months. come along with OPV news.stay tune. :P

ofcourse we have. we already built a whole frigate with own money. lol

yes. i wont be even on this earth at the time. lol

lol it was aired as Commander in chief's speech. much more solid than u guys. lol

Proof AZ, proof! Show me proof, not empty claims like a kid in the KG.

Proof AZ, proof! Show me proof, not empty claims like a kid in the KG.
already said about it. it was aired as live from FB and military media MWD.
lol
IMG_20170715_104400.jpg

IMG_20170715_104324.jpg

which is more solid than ur so called bdmilitary vlog. can u also give me link for 3 C27J spartan , 2 C130J , more K-8w from credible source except bdmilitary and the vlog who taking that as ref.?

already said about it. it was aired as live from FB and MWD.
lol
View attachment 413076
View attachment 413077
which is more solid than ur so called bdmilitary vlog. can u also give me link for 3 C27J spartan , 2 C130J , more K-8w from credible source except bdmilitary and the vlog who taking that as ref.

You just did the same thing we were laughing at earlier. Tell me how one could verify your navies are getting SAMs through these pictures? Top military officials frequently visit foreign bases and installations, they are nothing significant.

Bdmilitary is currently the most reliable source for news about Bangladesh defence and all their information and predictions have proven to be true. They do have some connections with the armed forces personnel and now even the media from other countries are also relying on their reports.

Anyway, several members have posted links from our mainstream media about the construction of indigenous frigates. So I don't think there should be any doubt.

View attachment 413055 The feeling when a corvette is better armed than "stealth" frigates:lol:

Really?

Both have 76mm main gun, ASW rockets and ASW torpedoes.

Both have same AShM, but Kyan Sittha has 2x4 verses 056 with 2x2
056 has 2 single 30mm canno versus Kyan Sittha's 3x 30mm gatling and 2x 14.5mm gatling.
056 has only a helicopter pad, while Kyan Sittha has that plus a hangar (i.e. organic heli)
More/Better sensors on Kyan Sittha

So, NO advantage for the corvette here

So, it is just that 056 has 1x 8-round FL3000N versus Kyan Sittha's 1x6 Pedestal mounted manpads.

FL-3000N missile:
  • Minimum range: < 500 meters
  • Maximum range: > 9 km for subsonic targets, > 6 km for supersonic targets
North Korean HT-16PGJ MANPADS
  • consistently identified as the similar Soviet Igla-1E (SA-16 [9M313])
  • operational range 5.6 km (3.2 mi)
That, my dear, is not a huge advantage....

UMS%2BSinbyushin%2BF14-20.jpg

plan+chinese+Type+056+Corvette+Under+Construction+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PN+export+PLA+Navy%2529+frigate+lite+anti+ship+missile+ascm+yj802345k+c+hq-1012+ciws+%25286%2529.jpg

And Myanmar also has it's own corvette, which is not much less from Kyan Sittha and smaller than 056 (yet very much it's equal): 76mm gun, 2x 30mm gatling, 2x2 AShM C802, 1x sixtuple manpads launcher, 2 ASW rocket launchers, helipad and hangar
UMS_Tabinshwehti_Myanmar.jpg

http://www.janes.com/article/66579/myanmar-navy-commissions-first-corvette-with-reduced-rcs

oiq0zi52mwkp2Zw4K18-o.jpg

I like both these designs in service with the Myanmar navy, which are nice all round designs. Personally, as far as aesthetics is concerned, I think the 056 - with it's low bridge and disproportionally large SAM launcher - is fugly. But you can't account for taste (or the lack thereof on my part ;-)

Last edited:
Gentlemen, as a European, I've looked always looked at the Pakistan-India rivalry with some amazement. Now I see the same with BD and India. To me it is all reminiscent of East- versus West Germany. Add to that the overall large scale China/Iran/Russia v USA/EU and all sorts of smaller regional contradictions, and I am telling you it doesn't make this forum any better or more professional (not to mention fun). So, if you could ALL please put a sock in it as far as the mutual contempt and insults are concerned, that would be very helpfull. Shall we at least attempt to stick to topic and to be polite. We don't have to agree or be buddy's, but - personally - I'm getting a little sick of all this squabbling that doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't contribute to forum quality. Just my 2 'gulden' worth.

Thank you.

Really?

Both have 76mm main gun, ASW rockets and ASW torpedoes.

Both have same AShM, but Kyan Sittha has 2x4 verses 056 with 2x2
056 has 2 single 30mm canno versus Kyan Sittha's 3x 30mm gatling and 2x 14.5mm gatling.
056 has only a helicopter pad, while Kyan Sittha has that plus a hangar (i.e. organic heli)
More/Better sensors on Kyan Sittha

So, NO advantage for the corvette here

So, it is just that 056 has 1x 8-round FL3000N versus Kyan Sittha's 1x6 Pedestal mounted manpads.

FL-3000N missile:
  • Minimum range: < 500 meters
  • Maximum range: > 9 km for subsonic targets, > 6 km for supersonic targets
North Korean HT-16PGJ MANPADS
  • consistently identified as the similar Soviet Igla-1E (SA-16 [9M313])
  • operational range 5.6 km (3.2 mi)
That, my dear, is not a huge advantage....

UMS%2BSinbyushin%2BF14-20.jpg

plan+chinese+Type+056+Corvette+Under+Construction+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PN+export+PLA+Navy%2529+frigate+lite+anti+ship+missile+ascm+yj802345k+c+hq-1012+ciws+%25286%2529.jpg

And Myanmar also has it's own corvette, which is not much less from Kyan Sittha and smaller than 056 (yet very much it's equal): 76mm gun, 2x 30mm gatling, 2x2 AShM C802, 1x sixtuple manpads launcher, 2 ASW rocket launchers, helipad and hangar
UMS_Tabinshwehti_Myanmar.jpg

http://www.janes.com/article/66579/myanmar-navy-commissions-first-corvette-with-reduced-rcs

oiq0zi52mwkp2Zw4K18-o.jpg

I like both these designs in service with the Myanmar navy, which are nice all round designs. Personally, as far as aesthetics is concerned, I think the 056 - with it's low bridge and disproportionally large SAM launcher - is fugly. But you can't account for taste (or the lack thereof on my part ;-)
I wish we could put all the above equipments into a 1300 tonnes corvette.
So "stealth" frigate is armed with so little sams?
Also look at F22-P of Pakistan,Bns Bangubhandhu of Bangladesh and Lekiu class frigates of Malaysia.You will get a clear view what this new burmese "stealth" frigates are actually.;)

So "stealth" frigate is armed with so little sams?
Also look at F22-P of Pakistan,Bns Bangubhandhu of Bangladesh and Lekiu class frigates of Malaysia.You will get a clear view what this new burmese "stealth" frigates are actually.;)
@Nabil365 : Just because you see only 6 missiles on either the corvette or the frigate, that doesn't mean more aren't carried as reloads (Igla 1 type MANPAD are after all man portable so with missile weight 17.9 kg manual reload should prove extremely feasible)

Let me remind yhou that on the 3,144 ton full load F22P (2x4 C802) and 2,500 ton full load Bangabundhu (2x4 Otomat Mk2) you see only 8 HQ7/FM90M missiles. Perhaps there are 8 more carried for manual reloading. But these missiles are far larger and heavier (84.5 kg) so manual reloading at sea will be much more of a challenge. In the most ideal of circumstances, FM-90N has a range of 15km (against seaskimmers likely less than that)

As for the 2,270 ton full load Lekius, they have a VLS farm with 16 × VL Sea Wolf (140kg), which have a range of 10km. Not spectacularly different from F22P and Bangabundhu.

F22P has a 76mm and 2x 30mm gatlings from China, Bangabundhu a 76mm Oto and 2 twin 40mm Oto cannon. Lekiu has a 57mm Bofors gun and 2 × MSI DS30M 30mm cannon. They all are fitted with 2x3 tubes for lightweight ASW torpedos and have a organic helitopter (i.e. helipad plus hangar). All have a 4 diesel CODAD type propulsionand twin screws. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Now, if you had compared with the 2,985 ton full load Thai F25T Naresuan, with its 8-cell Mk41 for 32 x RIM-162 ESSM with 50km range, you could have had a point. Except for this and its 5 in/54 (127 mm) Mk-45 Mod 2 main gun, however, armament is comparable to the 3 ships above. Its Chinese Type 76Atwin 37mm have by now been replaced by 2 × 30mm MSI-DSL DS30MR.

Originally
1200px-HTMS_Naresuan_in_Hong_Kong.JPG

After refit
201507182232263641-167450.jpg

So, really, what you are implying makes very, very little sense.

Should Myanmar manage to put e.g. 16 (or even just 8!) of the 15km Indian Maitri/SR-SAM or e.g. the 20km South African Umkhonto-IR or e.g. 1or 2 Sylver A35 8-cell VLS + 20km VL Mica on its 3,000 ton frigate, they have a very strong competitor (including because it has an impressive gun armament and matches the other contenders in other weapons areas). Likewise for their smaller corvette.

Anyway, just because at this point a smaller missile is used, and fewer of them are in direct view, doesn't automatically disqualify these ships. Recall that the 2,350 ton South Korean Ulsan class, from which Bangabunhu derives, has no surface to air missiles at all. Of the 9 originally built, 7 still remain in service. Are you suggesting these 1980s ships are inferior compared to say, BN's ex-USCG Hamilton's or its ex-Chinese 053H1/H2 ships, Type 056s or even Bangabunhu itself? Just because there is no SAM?

Port_view_of_ROK_ship_Kyong_Buk_%28FF_956%29_near_San_Diego%2C_CA.jpeg

Last edited:
@Penguin. What are your thoughts on this particular Bangladesh Navy program to acquire 6 "Guided Missile Frigates" What do you think?

Based on Chinese Type 054+?

Well best of luck to the Bangladeshi Navy...It is quite a challenging task...

I have a question. What shall be the use of these frigates? Is Bangladesh threatened by a country? These funds could be better spent somewhere else...

I have a question. What shall be the use of these frigates? Is Bangladesh threatened by a country? These funds could be better spent somewhere else...
We are just preparing to expand our border. We need lands to survive just like the jews. ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom