What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

South Asia 2.5.

So TRUMP is RIGHT!!!! Europe pay up!

nato-budget-2001.gif

Yea so from those 2001 numbers, Canada and Germany need to step it up!

In terms of the Bangaldeshi military, I was very skeptical of Forces Goal 2030.

But I'm wrong. What has been demonstrated in the last several years is that Bangladesh is serious about expanding its military capability.

Like I keep saying, this Guided missile frigate program really clinches it.

In terms of the Bangaldeshi military, I was very skeptical of Forces Goal 2030.

But I'm wrong. What has been demonstrated in the last several years is that Bangladesh is serious about expanding its military capability.

Like I keep saying, this Guided missile frigate program really clinches it.

No harm in Upgrading the Military...The million dollar question is, "Does Bangladesh really need to Upgrade its Military?"

The answer to that is yes I believe.

The goal isnt to be able to defeat India. Thats just impossible. Perhaps the goal is to be able to make it hurt more than its worth for India to ever do anything. Or even attempt to try to intimidate Bangladesh.

And as for Myanmar....I'm not really concerned at this time. I'm sure it spends a far greater percentage of its GDP on its military. So its really a matter of inabilty to sustain an arms race or whatever you wanna call it.

And from the Pakistani perspective, you guys should really be cheering a stronger Bangladesh. If anything, its a problem for India on its Eastern border which precludes them from focusing on you.

And just one other point, despite the present Bangaldeshi government's anti Pakistan stance, I really think the average Bengali out there favors Pakistan over India.

Easy litmus test is to ask who you support in cricket. 9 out of 10 times Bengalis support Pakistan.

The answer to that is yes I believe.

The goal isnt to be able to defeat India. Thats just impossible. Perhaps the goal is to be able to make it hurt more than its worth for India to ever do anything. Or even attempt to try to intimidate Bangladesh.

And as for Myanmar....I'm not really concerned at this time. I'm sure it spends a far greater percentage of its GDP on its military. So its really a matter of inabilty to sustain an arms race or whatever you wanna call it.

And from the Pakistani perspective, you guys should really be cheering a stronger Bangladesh. If anything, its a problem for India on its Eastern border which precludes them from focusing on you.

Realistically, intimidating India is close to Impossible for Bangladesh even after the acquisition of these frigates...

No matter who comes and goes...India's No. 01 focus is on Pakistan...and that is why they kept no check on China and now are in a bit of pickle....

No I meant to say that expanded Bangladeshi military capability is a deterence against Indian intimidation.

Bangladesh isnt seeking to intimidate anyone. Just protect whats rightfully hers.

Lets just for a moment hypothesize this scenario.

Lets say even 50 percent of Forces Goal 2030 is implemented.

That changes the security balance tremedously vis a vis India Bangladesh.

And this is coming from a HARDCORE skeptic, a sort of anti fanboi.

I will just address the BAF since I am more familiar with military aviation than the other services.

The goal is to have 160 multi-role fighters from my recollection which I STILL AM EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL OF.

However, lets say BAF manages to expand from its 3 squadrons to at least 5 or 6?

MRCA tender is out. Its only for 8-12 examples. But look at the specific of the tender. BAF wants advanced tech.

Qualitative drivers for the BAF. That to me signifies that BAF is serious about increased capability and not just collecting a few fancy toys.

A few squadrons of F-7BGI, SU-30SME derivative, and J-10B would make India think twice about applying political pressure to get its way and bully Bangladesh.

I doubt a fight ever breaks out.

But whats the alternative. Take a slap and turn the other cheek for another? Or threaten to punch back.

That way the first slap doesn't ever come....

@Nabil365 : Just because you see only 6 missiles on either the corvette or the frigate, that doesn't mean more aren't carried as reloads (Igla 1 type MANPAD are after all man portable so with missile weight 17.9 kg manual reload should prove extremely feasible)

Let me remind yhou that on the 3,144 ton full load F22P (2x4 C802) and 2,500 ton full load Bangabundhu (2x4 Otomat Mk2) you see only 8 HQ7/FM90M missiles. Perhaps there are 8 more carried for manual reloading. But these missiles are far larger and heavier (84.5 kg) so manual reloading at sea will be much more of a challenge. In the most ideal of circumstances, FM-90N has a range of 15km (against seaskimmers likely less than that)

As for the 2,270 ton full load Lekius, they have a VLS farm with 16 × VL Sea Wolf (140kg), which have a range of 10km. Not spectacularly different from F22P and Bangabundhu.

F22P has a 76mm and 2x 30mm gatlings from China, Bangabundhu a 76mm Oto and 2 twin 40mm Oto cannon. Lekiu has a 57mm Bofors gun and 2 × MSI DS30M 30mm cannon. They all are fitted with 2x3 tubes for lightweight ASW torpedos and have a organic helitopter (i.e. helipad plus hangar). All have a 4 diesel CODAD type propulsionand twin screws. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Now, if you had compared with the 2,985 ton full load Thai F25T Naresuan, with its 8-cell Mk41 for 32 x RIM-162 ESSM with 50km range, you could have had a point. Except for this and its 5 in/54 (127 mm) Mk-45 Mod 2 main gun, however, armament is comparable to the 3 ships above. Its Chinese Type 76Atwin 37mm have by now been replaced by 2 × 30mm MSI-DSL DS30MR.

Originally
1200px-HTMS_Naresuan_in_Hong_Kong.JPG

After refit
201507182232263641-167450.jpg

So, really, what you are implying makes very, very little sense.

Should Myanmar manage to put e.g. 16 (or even just 8!) of the 15km Indian Maitri/SR-SAM or e.g. the 20km South African Umkhonto-IR or e.g. 1or 2 Sylver A35 8-cell VLS + 20km VL Mica on its 3,000 ton frigate, they have a very strong competitor (including because it has an impressive gun armament and matches the other contenders in other weapons areas). Likewise for their smaller corvette.

Anyway, just because at this point a smaller missile is used, and fewer of them are in direct view, doesn't automatically disqualify these ships. Recall that the 2,350 ton South Korean Ulsan class, from which Bangabunhu derives, has no surface to air missiles at all. Of the 9 originally built, 7 still remain in service. Are you suggesting these 1980s ships are inferior compared to say, BN's ex-USCG Hamilton's or its ex-Chinese 053H1/H2 ships, Type 056s or even Bangabunhu itself? Just because there is no SAM?

Port_view_of_ROK_ship_Kyong_Buk_%28FF_956%29_near_San_Diego%2C_CA.jpeg
These Burmese shipships are not armed properly.I agree with you.But that's if they put this or if they put that.All they put were a few manpads.
Just look at the range of their sam.

We are just preparing to expand our border. We need lands to survive just like the jews. ;)
found a muslim who is shouting Jews are evil but admire in mind and wanna be like them. lol

israel already have own advanced weapon companies and backed by US to do this. what BD have and who is behind u guys. ? :D

israel already have own advanced weapon companies and backed by US to do this. what BD have and who is behind u guys. ?
The Burmese (Bamans) have very intelligently (?) set the stage to create instability in Arakan. So, no one really knows how this internal revolt will turn against Burma, and BD will reap benefit out of it.

These Burmese shipships are not armed properly.I agree with you.But that's if they put this or if they put that.All they put were a few manpads.
Just look at the range of their sam.

seem u still dont get the point what he explained already.

Really?

Both have 76mm main gun, ASW rockets and ASW torpedoes.

Both have same AShM, but Kyan Sittha has 2x4 verses 056 with 2x2
056 has 2 single 30mm canno versus Kyan Sittha's 3x 30mm gatling and 2x 14.5mm gatling.
056 has only a helicopter pad, while Kyan Sittha has that plus a hangar (i.e. organic heli)
More/Better sensors on Kyan Sittha

So, NO advantage for the corvette here

So, it is just that 056 has 1x 8-round FL3000N versus Kyan Sittha's 1x6 Pedestal mounted manpads.

FL-3000N missile:
  • Minimum range: < 500 meters
  • Maximum range: > 9 km for subsonic targets, > 6 km for supersonic targets
North Korean HT-16PGJ MANPADS
  • consistently identified as the similar Soviet Igla-1E (SA-16 [9M313])
  • operational range 5.6 km (3.2 mi)
That, my dear, is not a huge advantage...

and i want to add if the missile in box is not HT-16PGJ but SA-24 or 18, it wont be much more different with ur Fl-3000N.

The Burmese (Bamans) have very intelligently (?) set the stage to create instability in Arakan. So, no one really knows how this internal revolt will turn against Burma, and BD will reap benefit out of it.
BD cant to nothing about it. :D

seem u still dont get the point what he explained already.

Really?

Both have 76mm main gun, ASW rockets and ASW torpedoes.

Both have same AShM, but Kyan Sittha has 2x4 verses 056 with 2x2
056 has 2 single 30mm canno versus Kyan Sittha's 3x 30mm gatling and 2x 14.5mm gatling.
056 has only a helicopter pad, while Kyan Sittha has that plus a hangar (i.e. organic heli)
More/Better sensors on Kyan Sittha

So, NO advantage for the corvette here

So, it is just that 056 has 1x 8-round FL3000N versus Kyan Sittha's 1x6 Pedestal mounted manpads.

FL-3000N missile:
  • Minimum range: < 500 meters
  • Maximum range: > 9 km for subsonic targets, > 6 km for supersonic targets
North Korean HT-16PGJ MANPADS
  • consistently identified as the similar Soviet Igla-1E (SA-16 [9M313])
  • operational range 5.6 km (3.2 mi)
That, my dear, is not a huge advantage...

and i want to add if the missile in box is not HT-16PGJ but SA-24 or 18, it wont be much more different with ur Fl-3000N.

Do you understand the difference between automatic and manual? Automatic target tracking and firing vs firing with sight from soldier?

BD does not need to do anything. We are here to watch the show. How is the UN investigation going on?

Last edited:
found a muslim who is shouting Jews are evil but admire in mind and wanna be like them. lol

israel already have own advanced weapon companies and backed by US to do this. what BD have and who is behind u guys. ? :D
Lool, jews are evil. You guys lick jews. So, we will do the same evil thing to you guys. And you will lick it too. No? :lol:

Don't worry about weapons, political and financial support. Just keep doing mass Rohingya rape and murder. ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom