What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

The lady got used and then disgarded by a BD guy, and that is the reason for her poison against BD.

Indians and Myanmarese guys is fair enough, but this from an Indonesian woman!:lol:
ahem :P other Indonesians are very cool and friendly except her :whistle:

1. bold part: where did you get that year of contract ?
2. BD has three shipyards, not one.
3. At what basis you think BD is not going to build frigate in near future ?
4. what proof ? BD has not yet started Type056 construction and no one claiming that BD has started, will start at the end of next year. Narayanganj Shipyard is for small boats, Khulna Shipyard is for Large patrol craft (Currently building Durjoy class)+ corvette and Chittagong dry dock is for Frigate+ construction.
You know, you started sound pathetic because of your hate.

Are you seriously taking time to explain this to hatemongers? :lol:

Source? Proof?
just follow Myanmar defence. it will be posted with photos within a few months. come along with OPV news.stay tune. :P
Yes you can change whatever you guys want.
But do you guys have cash?:lol::lol:
ofcourse we have. we already built a whole frigate with own money. lol
Let's do some arithmetic! :D

Buying time (2 frigates) = 5 years.
So Making time (2 frigates) = 20 years minimum (logical).

BD takes 5 years to buy 2 frigates.
So BD will take 3*20 years = 60 years to make 6 frigates, and that's a minimum. :enjoy:

I think @Aung Zaya won't have any problem with that! :P
yes. i wont be even on this earth at the time. lol
Wait for him to post some pictures of their naval chief inspecting some foreign shipyards as 'proof'! :lol:
lol it was aired as Commander in chief's speech. much more solid than u guys. lol

Nah, it will be QRSAM.

Anything is better than those over-glorified coast guard cutters you call frigates, which are devoid of even basic AD capabilities.

Look everybody is making fun of them. Even their army chief is angry.
You guys should help them out with Akash....:P

. and we can change whatever we want. may be a bad new for u guys , both of Kyan Sit Thar class are upgrading now with new AD system. :P
UMS Sinbyushin (F-14)
UMS_Sin_Phyushin.jpg

I see no reason why the section behind the main gun couldn't house a different surface to air missile system with relatively little modification. Question is: which SAM?

The present system may be North Korean, like the small guns (14.5mm gatlings?) on the bridge wings.
F5kN0mH.jpg

UngKcA2.jpg

3euVhXg.jpg

Nu2IgQj.jpg

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6414

Non-VL:
FL3000N (China)
Palma / Pantsir N (Russia)

VL:
Maitri / SR-SAM (India)
Tor N (Russia)

Any others to consider?

You'ld preferably want an infrared homing or active homing missile, which would give FL3000N and SR-SAM advantage in this line up.

Any indications this is actually being done with any of these?

Last edited:
Non-VL:
FL3000N (China)
Palma / Pantsir N (Russia)
May be out of question due to Indian involvement. China may not sell them.
VL:
Maitri / SR-SAM (India)
Best option. India is desperate as nobody has any confidence in their system other than MM. Good from marketing standpoint.
Tor N (Russia)

Price??

Indians are tired of people making fun of MM frigates with Indian systems

The only one laughing at them are deluded Bangladeshis.

HMS-X Sonar is a derivative of the HUMSA-NG sonar used in our Kolkata class destroyers.

May be out of question due to Indian involvement. China may not sell them.
Which? There are Chinese systems on the ship already (I see: Chinese Type 362 missile-targeting radar and 2 x Type 347 series fire control raders, 2x4 x C-802 anti-ship missiles, 3 x NG-18 6-barrel 30 mm CIWS guns, ASW rocket Launchers. I suspect also the diesel powerplant. Perhaps also sonar and ASW torpedoes and Harbib Z-9?). I don't see how India would object to Russian ships.

Best option. India is desperate as nobody has any confidence in their system other than MM. Good from marketing standpoint.
Well, it would be the only ARH VL option. Which would really improve ability to deal with simultaneous attack from multiple directions and salvo fire. Being developed by DRDO with MBDA and similar to Mica VL.

SR-SAM.jpg
SR-SAM1-727718.jpg

6Ol3Tgz.jpg

Beats me. Unit cost of landmobile TOR is about US$ 25 million
Naval_Tor-M2_Almaz_Antey_IMDS_2013_1.jpg

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...on-of-tor-m2u-air-defense-missile-system.html

Which? There are Chinese systems on the ship already (I see: Chinese Type 362 missile-targeting radar and 2 x Type 347 series fire control raders, 2x4 x C-802 anti-ship missiles, 3 x NG-18 6-barrel 30 mm CIWS guns, ASW rocket Launchers. I suspect also the diesel powerplant. Perhaps also sonar and ASW torpedoes and Harbib Z-9?). I don't see how India would object to Russian ships.
SAM is critical component. Besides Indians injected themselves later int the game.
The same reason Burmese are licking Russians and Indians for submarines. They will not get a hold of Chinese sub for sure.

@wanglaokan
Well, it would be the only ARH VL option. Which would really improve ability to deal with simultaneous attack from multiple directions and salvo fire. Being developed by DRDO with MBDA and similar to Mica VL.

SR-SAM.jpg
SR-SAM1-727718.jpg

6Ol3Tgz.jpg

Beats me. Unit cost of landmobile TOR is about US$ 25 million
Naval_Tor-M2_Almaz_Antey_IMDS_2013_1.jpg

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...on-of-tor-m2u-air-defense-missile-system.html

I agree with you, Indian option is the best for MM.

SAM is critical component. Besides Indians injected themselves later int the game.
The same reason Burmese are licking Russians and Indians for submarines. They will not get a hold of Chinese sub for sure.

@wanglaokan

I agree with you, Indian option is the best for MM.
India is just a side hoe for Myanmar, only Russia can provide what they want.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom