What's new

Bangladesh is Purchasing Two more Submarines

Ok if thats the case, what do you think BN is thinking?

Perhaps a step by step process to familiarization with modern submarine tech?

Or simply budgetary constraints?

IMO it must be the combination of both. since BN doesn't have any experience with AShM armed subs so it's good in a sense to buy 2 refurbished songs for the sub crew to train in this area. And there is budgetary concerns as well I think, so top officials might be thinking that high tech AIP subs with expensive price tags should be bought after proper training and experience in all the required field is available. And also the time will work in favor because in time the defense budget will increase!!!

Ir will not happen InshaAllah we are here for India.

Begani shadi mein Abdullah deewana! Why would you come to their rescue?

Honestly, even China will not come to their rescue in case of escalation between Bangladesh and India. In fact, let me tell you as story:

Once there was a husband and wife. They used to live together, but wife somehow was not happy with husband. There was also a family's enemy - he was looking for revenge on both . Among many ways to take revenge - he chose to exploit the difference between husband and wife. Wife despite knowing he is enemy of her husband chose to take side of enemy. Chaos erupted in family - their came a time to choose. She ended the relationship and history with husband and preferred to be enemy's prostitute. Enemy got the revenge on family and continued to use her for his lust. Long after that, one day, she started feeling frustration. She started looking for someone else to extend her relationships. As the enemy came to know, he got frustrated as well. As the time goes on, this frustration rises. Though things are going in wrong direction but there is nothing happened yet. However, if she chose not to submit anymore, he will choose to oppress her....That is a long story, however, the question is: why would her old husband jump in to help knowing she chose to be his enemy's prostitute over living with him?

(All characters is story are fictitious and have nothing to do with reality. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental)

Bangladesh will never be a serious military threat for us because no matter how much arsenal you have, you are still wrapped around by us from all sides with zero strategic depth, and any place in Bangladesh is within the range of mere 200-250 km from our border.
Concept of strategic depth is now largely obsolete in this age.This is not the time of Napoleon or Hitler.And we have strategic depth in other form.Our mighty rivers and marshes are like 1000 km strategic depth for other countries.Even in 1971, with besieged and under quipped Pakistani army, supportive local population and the help of 2 lakh Mukti Bahini, India needed 13 days to reach Dhaka.Tell me, how many days it will take to reach this time or in future?

Most of Pakistan, including all it's major cities are within 200-250 km from Indian border as well.But that didn't prevent Pakistan from becoming a big sore point for you.:D

You are wrapping on three sides of Bangladesh is actually your weak point when you have a chicken neck and head of that chicken is sandwiched between Bangladesh and China.:lol:
Even your seas are totally covered by our eastern naval command and Andaman.
First thing is, our maritime border has outlet in international water/High sea.So if India ban our ship from entering into Indian water, it will not be a problem for us.

Second,We know you have naval base in Vishakhapattanam and Andaman, to neutralize that threat, we are on a mission to build a formidable submarine force as a part of powerful navy.Plus we will give China naval base in Bay of Bengal.China will not tolerate any Indian move which will thtratend the safe passage of ship through the Mallacca strait.A time is coming when PLAN, Bangladesh navy, Myanmar and Thai navy will act in co-ordination to neutralize the Indian threat in Bay of Bengal.Just wait and see.:china:
@Han Patriot

Nicely summed up.

Last edited:
econd,We know you have naval base in Vishakhapattanam and Andaman, to neutralize that threat, we are on a mission to build a formidable submarine force as a part of powerful navy.

Sure, now this is 'formidable'.

Begani shadi mein Abdullah deewana! Why would you come to their rescue?

Honestly, even China will not come to their rescue in case of escalation between Bangladesh and India. In fact, let me tell you as story:

Once there was a husband and wife. They used to live together, but wife somehow was not happy with husband. There was also a family's enemy - he was looking for revenge on both . Among many ways to take revenge - he chose to exploit the difference between husband and wife. Wife despite knowing he is enemy of her husband chose to take side of enemy. Chaos erupted in family - their came a time to choose. She ended the relationship and history with husband and preferred to be enemy's prostitute. Enemy got the revenge on family and continued to use her for his lust. Long after that, one day, she started feeling frustration. She started looking for someone else to extend her relationships. As the enemy came to know, he got frustrated as well. As the time goes on, this frustration rises. Though things are going in wrong direction but there is nothing happened yet. However, if she chose not to submit anymore, he will choose to oppress her....That is a long story, however, the question is: why would her old husband jump in to help knowing she chose to be his enemy's prostitute over living with him?

(All characters is story are fictitious and have nothing to do with reality. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental)
It is necessary for BD to maintain a good working relation with India. China and India will be two of the biggest economies in the world in the future. Playing them both side by side may bring enormous benefits to BD. BD cannot afford to go the way Pak went.

Come on guys!! our military build up is not a threat to the Al-cowda Supa Pawa. They are light years ahead of us.
But 2 things should be a serious cause of concern for them:
1. 1 billion illegal BD citizen in India
2. Imaginary BD maid army armed with brooms!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You haven't grasped BD geopolitics what so ever. The only volatile border is westwards, the borders between BD and the North Eastern states are not properly defined just a mere pillar.

You talk as if India will eat us up and if those attempts should have then been executed long ago...

Sorry buddy, I don't have any personal conflict with you, but somehow we end up on contradicting view each time. I just wrote my personal opinion - this will be really good if it is not like that. However, what I see, India is in much stronger position as compared to Bangladesh. And like some wise man said, "old is gold". They'll just use old tactics - incite civil war, step in when situation is favorable, crush the voices against them, plant their puppets and move on. I know you'll say again you're 160 Million strong Muslims nation but please don't mind...actually, never mind, let's not talk about that.

Sure, now this is 'formidable'.
No it is not yet. But if you can connect the dots of our military procurement trend in recent times than it is obvious that it will be a lot more powerful than it is now in near future.We don't have to match India gun by gun or ship by ship.I think, 1/4th of Indian naval power will be enough for us to be counted as a formidable by Indian Naval think tank.You have Arabian sea to worry about.

Can we get back to the submarines? So is this news confirmed?

If so, I have to say I'm impressed. Hopefully, its something new-build and similar to what the Thai Navy recently bought.

IMO it must be the combination of both. since BN doesn't have any experience with AShM armed subs so it's good in a sense to buy 2 refurbished songs for the sub crew to train in this area. And there is budgetary concerns as well I think, so top officials might be thinking that high tech AIP subs with expensive price tags should be bought after proper training and experience in all the required field is available. And also the time will work in favor because in time the defense budget will increase!!!

It's the fastest way to establish a submarine fleet. If we ordered four new one, we would be receiving them from 2020 onward at minimum. Both China & Russian order books are quiet busy to be honest. Chinese yards are currently busy building PLAN orders, then they will start construction of the PN orders. So BN would have to wait a long time at least 2023-2025 just to receive two new one whereas in current way BN easily save that time & start gaining experience, train & build a Submarine Cadre, fleet of an considerable number of submarines in a cost of almost nothing. Actually it's an wise decision in my opinion. By the time we order new built submarines everything would be ready to the details. And also read this
Brother, i guess navy is tricking govt in increasing its size while keeping a low profile budget. Once the size is locked and these old ships gets expired govt will have no choice but to replace them with the new ones. They wont be able to downsize. Works pretty good.

I think, 1/4th of Indian naval power will be enough for us to be counted as a formidable by Indian Naval think tank.

Do understand that this '1/4th' should be 1/4th of our naval power in the future, not today.

Concept of strategic depth is now largely obsolete in this age.This is not the time of Napoleon or Hitler.And we have strategic depth in other form.Our mighty rivers and marshes are like 1000 km strategic depth for other countries.Even in 1971, with besieged and under quipped Pakistani army, supportive local population and the help of 2 lakh Mukti Bahini, India needed 13 days to reach Dhaka.Tell me, how many days it will take to reach this time or in future?

They are terrified that BD will have enough military power to invade the "Chicken-Neck" and split India in two.

Do understand that this '1/4th' should be 1/4th of our naval power in the future, not today.

Yes, whatever India has in 2030, BD will have 1/4th in 2030.

This will require the assistance of China.:china:

I am talking about future naval power of India.If you are growing by 5 percent per year in naval power index than we are growing at 10 percent per year in that same index.

Back
Top Bottom