What's new

Bangladesh, India to play historic Test

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/indi...dium=social&utm_campaign=internationalcricket
Bangladesh, India to play historic Test
03 August 2016

3indvban.ashx

Bangladesh will play their first Test on Indian soil // Getty Images

cricket.com.au

Bangladesh to head into uncharted territory for a one-off Test next February

India will host Bangladesh in a historic one-off Test match in February next year.

The Test, to be played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad from February 8-12, will mark Bangladesh's first visit to India for a bilateral series since attaining Test status 16 years ago.

"As a leading Test playing nation it is BCCI’s responsibility to give opportunities to every Test playing nation," Board of Control for Cricket in India President Anurag Thakur said.

"It is my pleasure to announce the historic one-off Test match against our neighbours – Bangladesh early next year. This will be a great addition to our home season 2016-17."

Quick single: India to host Australia in the Himalayas

The nations have met in eight Tests on Bangladesh soil since 2000, with India winning on six occasions, while the remaining two – including their most recent encounter in Fatullah last June – failed to produce a result.

Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hassan said the short tour would be a cherished experience for players.

"For the cricketers who will be representing Bangladesh and India, this will be a much anticipated game and given the competitive nature of their limited overs matches in the recent past, I believe the clash between these two cricket crazy nations will catch the imagination.

"The long wait for us to play a Test match on Indian soil is finally over and this is a time for celebration."

The Test is part of a busy home series for India, which will also see them host New Zealand, England and Australia, with a total of 13 Test matches to be played in India between September and March next year.

Quick single: India, New Zealand set for bumper duel

New Zealand kick off a five-week tour of India with the opening Test of the three-match series from September 22 at Kanpur, followed by a five-match ODI series.

England will then visit for a five-match series from November 9, while Australia's four-Test tour will take in matches in Bangalore, Dharamsala, Ranchi and Pune, with specific dates for the matches yet to be confirmed.

Three of the venues have never hosted Test cricket before, but touring Australian fans will be in for a treat with one of the matches scheduled for the picturesque HPCA Stadium in Dharamsala at the foot of the Himalayas.

Australia has previously played five Tests in Bangalore, at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium, the most recent of which was in October 2010, when a double-century from Sachin Tendulkar inspired India to a seven-wicket win.

Australia holds the Border-Gavaskar Trophy after a 2-0 win in the four-Test series at home in 2014-15.

What is historic about it ?
Its just a normal test match.

We were very unlikely to get any sort of a result against India, but without Mustafiz (out for months and months)...I fear an absolute hiding.

Just can't see our bowling lineup trouble the Indians enough :(

Good.. One more chance to defeat the Bangladeshi naive team. And one more time we will see some cry babies in the stadium.

Whats historic about it? Sri Lanka was accorded test status in 1981 and 15 years they won WC.
One team was accorded Test status in 2000 and its 16 years winning heart, liver and kidneys. Bangladesh for you.

Ireland would have wonderful development as a Test team than BD with limited fan following and finance.

Babur cruise is umpire this time :D

Yes, that thing can stand on one side and keep pointing towards the sky calling us out, we will keep on batting...because third umpire will be Agni! :D

Good.. One more chance to defeat the Bangladeshi naive team. And one more time we will see some cry babies in the stadium.

I heard that all Bangladeshis become Hindus during test matches and pray to Indra Dev for rain!! :D

Is there any sport that Bangladesh can play well? Am curious. I don't think in my lifetime i have seen BD excel in any sport. Whats the reason for this?

Is there any sport that Bangladesh can play well? Am curious. I don't think in my lifetime i have seen BD excel in any sport. Whats the reason for this?
Can't beat daddy India & need permission by daddy India to perform well.

All South Asian countries suck at sports,given their large population

Back
Top Bottom