What's new

Bangladesh GDP per capita hasn't crossed Pakistani GDP per capita

First of all I am not obliged to prove you anything but your question is so awful that I thought I shall answer it.

Pakistan GDP doesn't include Azad Kashmir & Gilgit Baltistan GDP for your shitty information.

GDP per capita is not as simple as dividing GDP by population. Let me tell this to you your way. Bangladesh GDP nominal 2017 is $246 billion and population is
168,957,745 (2015 est) it means per capita is $1456 than how Bangladesh is claiming GDP per capita $1600+ ????

If you don't have economic knowledge than its better to keep quiet rather than opening your mouth and showing your illiteracy to everyone.

I read your comment up in which a fellow Pakistani told you that we are going to rebase our GDP and you responded that India is also planning to rebase its GDP from 2011 to 2017 :D :D :D :D
India already uses 2010 base year and Bangladesh uses 2005-06 while Pakistan uses 1999-2000 so when Pakistan GDP will be rebased it will surely shock you kid. When Nigeria rebased its GDP after so many years like Pakistan is using 18 year old base year, Nigeria GDP almost doubled.

Rebasing effects only when you have new industry/product you are going to add into gdp calculation. Apart from textiles, all other industries in Pakistan have actually witnessed decline, hence the government reluctance to a rebase all these years. Nigeria has come a long way with their petro-industry, so the rebase worked spendidly for them. India and Bangladesh had spectacular growth in IT and textiles respectively for rebase to work in their favor.

So the gist is rebasing for the sake of rebasing doesn't in itself add to GDP.

End of the day BD GDP/capita is growing 6% a year compared to 3% for Pakistan.

End of the day BD GDP/capita is growing 6% a year compared to 3% for Pakistan.

The amount of infrastructre being built by chinese in pakistan will push the gdp by pakistan closer to 6% so same gap can b maintained between two countries. Also bangladesh is vulnerable politicaly is radiclising fast if thr is islamist govt in bd ... the growth will go down south in bd.

Rebasing effects only when you have new industry/product you are going to add into gdp calculation. Apart from textiles, all other industries in Pakistan have actually witnessed decline, hence the government reluctance to a rebase all these years. Nigeria has come a long way with their petro-industry, so the rebase worked spendidly for them. India and Bangladesh had spectacular growth in IT and textiles respectively for rebase to work in their favor.

So the gist is rebasing for the sake of rebasing doesn't in itself add to GDP.

Don't tell me what is rebasing I know it very well. Secondly, when the result of rebasing will come it will shock everyone including me & you believe it or not. I live here and I know the ground realities better than you.

Yeah, We all know what Nigeria did in those years :D

Indeed! Bangladesh's Gross Domestic Income will be $1600+ in 2017 and their Gross Domestic Product is $1456, Accepted, that article was wrongly interpreted by me. You are correct. However! It ($1456) still puts Bangladesh ahead in terms of GDP per capita, which is what this thread is all about. :rofl:

A moron who can't understand a simple thing telling me about economics :D. Go and try to understand things properly. Your mistake here tells everyone who is literate. Bangladeshi population I used was from 2015 but its GDP I used was latest from 2017. You can't read properly I clearly mentioned (2015 est) fool.

In Economics when you compare two countries living standard you have to compare GDP PPP which of Pakistan stands way ahead of Bangladesh but I created this thread to teach ill-literates like you who don't have any economic knowledge.

I think it is safe to call your logic bullshit. Present a source of your weird new modern methods of calculating GDP per Capita, given GDP and population and then we will see. Till then, I think Paul Krugman's explaination holds more water.

If I go with your logic than why Bangladesh population don't match their GDP capita?? Do you have any answer for it. Other than a few countries you won't find population matching with GDP per capita if I go with your childish way of calculating per capita by diving population with GDP. Go and get some information first kid. :D :D :D

So much for sense of superiority and arrogance of a usual uneducated Pakistani. :rofl: If guys like you are "BetterPakistan" then Pakistan ka Khuda Hafiz :rofl:

You haven't proved me wrong in anything yet and you are challenging my education?? Ja ja kr so jaa.. teri knowledge ka andazaa mainai pehly hi laga liya tha :D :D :D

Ja kr apnai favourite actor ki movie daikh "Toilet: Ek Prem Katha" usmai terai country ki aukaat dekhayaingai woh tjhe

Don't tell me what is rebasing I know it very well. Secondly, when the result of rebasing will come it will shock everyone including me & you believe it or not. I live here and I know the ground realities better than you.

You don't know anything about rebasing. If you have 100rs today, it would suddenly go up to 150rs just because the country's statisticians rebased the year for calculating GDP growth rates. The only thing that will change is the per capita income at constant prices. For eg. Your 100rs today was 50rs in 2004-05 prices (excluding inflation) it will become 75rs at 2014-15 prices, if new base year is 2014-15.
Re basing of year has minimal effect on GDP at current market prices.

No I am not doing it. I am quoting Pakistan State Bank figures and IMF also quotes Pakistan state bank figures and since Bangladesh was created Pakistan GDP per capita was and is ahead of Bangladesh so it is not up to me to prove it, It's up to those whom are spreading fake news.

yeah they should look towards India in which the life of a cow is more important than human being and where access to electricity is just 77-78% against Pakistan whose population access to electricity is 97.5% according to World Bank.
lol you messed up on directions there . india is to the west of bangladesh

About 225 million, give or take a few.
(1) GDP $305,000,000,000 ÷ Population 225,000,000 = $1355.5 Pakistans GDP per capita nominal....
(2) GDP $310,000,000,000 ÷ Population 210,000,000 = $1476.19 Pakistans GDP per capita nominal...

Now Bangladesh: Population 170Million

(1) GDP $246,000,000,000 ÷ Population 170,000,000 = $1447.05 Bangladesh GDP per capita nominal
(2) GDP $246,000,000,000 ÷ Population 167,000,000 = $1473.05 Bangladesh GDP per capita nominal

Neck and neck right now, BD has higher growth rate... by 2018 BD will have higher GDP per capita nominal.

Back
Top Bottom